Re: [icons-rpg] Fights end too quick?

  • Mike Olson
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 12, 2011
      On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:
      I've been toying wit the idea of starting each session with a pool of GM DP somewhat linked to the number of players ( maybe 1 DP per player and 1 for the pot), but I've not tried it out yet.

      In FATE games, I give myself a per-scene budget of Fate Points depending on how important the scene is: 1 per player for minor, 2 per player for major, 3 per player for climactic. These are only for invoking/tagging aspects, not compelling. (I want to feel free to compel often instead of feeling constrained by a budget.) The only difference I'd see is that Icons characters tend to have less Determination than most characters in the FATE games I run, although YMMV, of course.

      --Mike