Re: [icons-rpg] ICONS High-Res

  • Curt Meyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
      I, for one, wish you luck on this.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jul 4, 2011, at 7:19 PM, "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@...> wrote:

      On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:20 -0400, "Steve Kenson" <stevekenson@...>
      wrote:

      >> I have also been playing with the idea of an OGL re-write/
      >> re-organization of the ICONS rules...
      >
      > Just out of curiosity, what would this look like to you, Brandon?

      I have actually started working on this since I mentioned it. Will I see
      it through? Who knows. I have a tendency to take on more projects than I
      have time to complete. If I do finish it, it will likely be shared only
      among my game group. That being said, here are some high-level goals:

      * clarify and organize rules for task resolution, major success, and
      massive success
      * clarify and organize rules for various actions and combat maneuvers
      * clarify how defenses work
      * elaborate on what effects different power levels have
      * expand the point-buy character generation
      * fill in some missing powers
      * revise a few powers

      Kind regards,
      Brandon Blackmoor

      --
      bblackmoor@...
      2011-07-04

    • Mike Olson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
        Funny, I've kinda done something like this myself in the process of writing Sigils and By The Gods, but I've also ended up veering away here and there from the Icons RAW, so I'm not sure how much of it would be all that universally applicable. I'd like to see a proper SRD, though, just out of general interest.

        --Mike