Re: Report on another test

  • abesapiens
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
      Post them on the Icons wiki!
      http://icons-truth-justice-and-gaming.wikispaces.com/

      If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom of your writeup.
      http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, ";ohn McMullen" <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

      > Oh--if anyone wants, I have character writeups for *Smalltown Hero*. Only a lack of suitable artwork has kept me from posting them. (I have some of the artwork--maybe a quarter--that I can legally use, but I was hoping for more. Except I just now realized that if I release the characters in a Word document, GMs can use "Snap photo" from Acrobat Reader and build their own. And other folks can use their own artwork. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday after church.)
      >
      > John
    • ;ohn McMullen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
        I did not know about Storn's photobucket. Thanks.

        If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom of your writeup.
        http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, ";ohn McMullen" <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

        > Oh--if anyone wants, I have character writeups for *Smalltown Hero*. Only a lack of suitable artwork has kept me from posting them. (I have some of the artwork--maybe a quarter--that I can legally use, but I was hoping for more. Except I just now realized that if I release the characters in a Word document, GMs can use "Snap photo" from Acrobat Reader and build their own. And other folks can use their own artwork. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday after church.)
        >
        > John

      • Brandon Blackmoor
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
          On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21 +0000, "abesapiens" <john@...> wrote:

          > If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The
          > are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom
          > of your writeup.
          > http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/

          Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images?

          Kind regards,
          Brandon Blackmoor

          --
          bblackmoor@...
          2011-07-01
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
            Storn widely posts links to these as Creative Commons in his art threads on the Story-Games, RPG.net, Mutants and Masterminds, and Hero Games forums.

            Frex:

            http://story-games.com/forums/?CommentID=310242
            http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3740&start=1471

            Cheers!

            John Powell

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@...> wrote:

            > On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21 +0000, "abesapiens" <john@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The
            > > are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom
            > > of your writeup.
            > > http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/
            >

            > Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images?
            >

            > Kind regards,
            > Brandon Blackmoor
            >
            > --
            > bblackmoor@...
            > 2011-07-01

          • Gerry
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
              Not all the art he's posted in some of these threads (I follow the ones on RPG.net and the HERO forums) are Creative Commons. It's best to check for the image in the thread to see if it is (he posts something making it Creative Commons in each post for those that are), and if you're not sure, contact him first.

              >Storn widely posts links to these as Creative Commons in his art threads on the Story-Games, RPG.net, Mutants and Masterminds, and Hero Games forums.
              >
              >Frex:
              >
              >http://story-games.com/forums/?CommentID=310242
              >http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3740&start=1471
              >
              >Cheers!
              >
              >John Powell
              >
              >--- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21 +0000, "abesapiens" <john@...> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The
              >> > are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom
              >> > of your writeup.
              >> > http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/
              >>

              >> Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images?
              >>

              >> Kind regards,
              >> Brandon Blackmoor
              >>
              >> --
              >> bblackmoor@...
              >> 2011-07-01

            • Chris Helton
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
                I would suggest contacting Storn as well. He's a ice and you know that you'll be on the right page.

                Chris
                -- Sent from my Palm Pre

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 4, 2011
                  Done!