Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Report on another test

Expand Messages
  • Brandon Blackmoor
    I had one player who seemed to think that 2d6-7 was easier than 1d6-1d6, yet he needed to figure out how to count his dice every single time he rolled, so I
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      I had one player who seemed to think that 2d6-7 was easier than 1d6-1d6,
      yet he needed to figure out how to count his dice every single time he
      rolled, so I suspect that it wasn't easier, after all.

      I prefer 1d6-1d6.


      Kind regards,
      Brandon Blackmoor

      --
      bblackmoor@...
      2011-06-01
    • ;ohn McMullen
      I used the drop the largest technique. Less math--he can do a comparison and addition of two single-digit numbers. Still took a while for the light bulb to
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        I used the "drop the largest" technique. Less math--he can do a comparison and addition of two single-digit numbers.

        Still took a while for the light bulb to go on.
        Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

        -----Original Message-----
        From: "abesapiens" <john@...>
        Sender: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:14:56
        To: <icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com>
        Reply-To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: Report on another test

        If I think explaining d6-d6 is going to cause *any* problems, I switch to having the players roll 2d6 + ability/specialty/power, and adjust the target numbers +7 in my head.

        Cheers!

        John Powell

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, ";ohn McMullen" <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:
        >
        ...Then I had a heck of a time explaining the dice mechanics.




        ------------------------------------

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • abesapiens
        Post them on the Icons wiki! http://icons-truth-justice-and-gaming.wikispaces.com/ If you need illustrations, use Storn s photobucket. The are Creative
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          Post them on the Icons wiki!
          http://icons-truth-justice-and-gaming.wikispaces.com/

          If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom of your writeup.
          http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/


          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, ";ohn McMullen" <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:
          >
          > Oh--if anyone wants, I have character writeups for *Smalltown Hero*. Only a lack of suitable artwork has kept me from posting them. (I have some of the artwork--maybe a quarter--that I can legally use, but I was hoping for more. Except I just now realized that if I release the characters in a Word document, GMs can use "Snap photo" from Acrobat Reader and build their own. And other folks can use their own artwork. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday after church.)
          >
          > John
          > Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network
        • ;ohn McMullen
          I did not know about Storn s photobucket. Thanks. Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network ... From: abesapiens
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
          • 0 Attachment
            I did not know about Storn's photobucket. Thanks.
            Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

            -----Original Message-----
            From: "abesapiens" <john@...>
            Sender: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21:02
            To: <icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com>
            Reply-To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: Report on another test

            Post them on the Icons wiki!
            http://icons-truth-justice-and-gaming.wikispaces.com/

            If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom of your writeup.
            http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/


            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, ";ohn McMullen" <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:
            >
            > Oh--if anyone wants, I have character writeups for *Smalltown Hero*. Only a lack of suitable artwork has kept me from posting them. (I have some of the artwork--maybe a quarter--that I can legally use, but I was hoping for more. Except I just now realized that if I release the characters in a Word document, GMs can use "Snap photo" from Acrobat Reader and build their own. And other folks can use their own artwork. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday after church.)
            >
            > John
            > Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network




            ------------------------------------

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Brandon Blackmoor
            ... Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images? Kind regards, Brandon Blackmoor -- bblackmoor@blackgate.net 2011-07-01
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
            • 0 Attachment
              On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21 +0000, "abesapiens" <john@...> wrote:
              >
              > If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The
              > are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom
              > of your writeup.
              > http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/


              Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images?


              Kind regards,
              Brandon Blackmoor

              --
              bblackmoor@...
              2011-07-01
            • abesapiens
              Storn widely posts links to these as Creative Commons in his art threads on the Story-Games, RPG.net, Mutants and Masterminds, and Hero Games forums. Frex:
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
              • 0 Attachment
                Storn widely posts links to these as Creative Commons in his art threads on the Story-Games, RPG.net, Mutants and Masterminds, and Hero Games forums.

                Frex:

                http://story-games.com/forums/?CommentID=310242
                http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3740&start=1471

                Cheers!

                John Powell

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@...> wrote:
                >
                > On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21 +0000, "abesapiens" <john@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The
                > > are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom
                > > of your writeup.
                > > http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/
                >
                >
                > Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images?
                >
                >
                > Kind regards,
                > Brandon Blackmoor
                >
                > --
                > bblackmoor@...
                > 2011-07-01
                >
              • Gerry
                Not all the art he s posted in some of these threads (I follow the ones on RPG.net and the HERO forums) are Creative Commons. It s best to check for the image
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
                • 0 Attachment
                  Not all the art he's posted in some of these threads (I follow the ones on RPG.net and the HERO forums) are Creative Commons. It's best to check for the image in the thread to see if it is (he posts something making it Creative Commons in each post for those that are), and if you're not sure, contact him first.

                  -----Original Message-----
                  >From: abesapiens <john@...>
                  >Sent: Jul 1, 2011 1:37 PM
                  >To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: creative commons artwork
                  >
                  >Storn widely posts links to these as Creative Commons in his art threads on the Story-Games, RPG.net, Mutants and Masterminds, and Hero Games forums.
                  >
                  >Frex:
                  >
                  >http://story-games.com/forums/?CommentID=310242
                  >http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3740&start=1471
                  >
                  >Cheers!
                  >
                  >John Powell
                  >
                  >--- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21 +0000, "abesapiens" <john@...> wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The
                  >> > are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom
                  >> > of your writeup.
                  >> > http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/
                  >>
                  >>
                  >> Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images?
                  >>
                  >>
                  >> Kind regards,
                  >> Brandon Blackmoor
                  >>
                  >> --
                  >> bblackmoor@...
                  >> 2011-07-01
                  >>
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >------------------------------------
                  >
                  >Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >
                  >
                  >
                • Chris Helton
                  I would suggest contacting Storn as well. He s a ice and you know that you ll be on the right page. Chris -- Sent from my Palm Pre On Jul 1, 2011 4:03 PM,
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
                  • 0 Attachment
                    I would suggest contacting Storn as well. He's a ice and you know that you'll be on the right page.

                    Chris
                    -- Sent from my Palm Pre


                    On Jul 1, 2011 4:03 PM, Gerry <urbwarzine@...> wrote:

                     

                    Not all the art he's posted in some of these threads (I follow the ones on RPG.net and the HERO forums) are Creative Commons. It's best to check for the image in the thread to see if it is (he posts something making it Creative Commons in each post for those that are), and if you're not sure, contact him first.

                    -----Original Message-----
                    >From: abesapiens <john@...>
                    >Sent: Jul 1, 2011 1:37 PM
                    >To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: creative commons artwork
                    >
                    >Storn widely posts links to these as Creative Commons in his art threads on the Story-Games, RPG.net, Mutants and Masterminds, and Hero Games forums.
                    >
                    >Frex:
                    >
                    >http://story-games.com/forums/?CommentID=310242
                    >http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3740&start=1471
                    >
                    >Cheers!
                    >
                    >John Powell
                    >
                    >--- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21 +0000, "abesapiens" <john@...> wrote:
                    >> >
                    >> > If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The
                    >> > are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom
                    >> > of your writeup.
                    >> > http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/
                    >>
                    >>
                    >> Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images?
                    >>
                    >>
                    >> Kind regards,
                    >> Brandon Blackmoor
                    >>
                    >> --
                    >> bblackmoor@...
                    >> 2011-07-01
                    >>
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >------------------------------------
                    >
                    >Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >
                    >
                    >

                  • John McMullen
                    Done! John McMullen (Young old coot) jhmcmullen@yahoo.com ... From: abesapiens To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com Sent: Fri, July 1, 2011 1:21:02
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 4, 2011
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Done!

                      John McMullen (Young old coot)
                      jhmcmullen@...



                      ----- Original Message ----
                      From: abesapiens <john@...>
                      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                      Sent: Fri, July 1, 2011 1:21:02 PM
                      Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: Report on another test

                      Post them on the Icons wiki!
                      http://icons-truth-justice-and-gaming.wikispaces.com/

                      If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The are Creative Commons,
                      just provide credit at the bottom of your writeup.
                      http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/


                      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, ";ohn McMullen" <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Oh--if anyone wants, I have character writeups for *Smalltown Hero*. Only a
                      >lack of suitable artwork has kept me from posting them. (I have some of the
                      >artwork--maybe a quarter--that I can legally use, but I was hoping for more.
                      >Except I just now realized that if I release the characters in a Word document,
                      >GMs can use "Snap photo" from Acrobat Reader and build their own. And other
                      >folks can use their own artwork. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday after church.)
                      >
                      > John
                      > Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network




                      ------------------------------------

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.