Re: Report on another test

  • abesapiens
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
      If I think explaining d6-d6 is going to cause *any* problems, I switch to having the players roll 2d6 + ability/specialty/power, and adjust the target numbers +7 in my head.

      Cheers!

      John Powell

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, ";ohn McMullen" <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

      ...Then I had a heck of a time explaining the dice mechanics.
    • ;ohn McMullen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
        Oh--if anyone wants, I have character writeups for *Smalltown Hero*. Only a lack of suitable artwork has kept me from posting them. (I have some of the artwork--maybe a quarter--that I can legally use, but I was hoping for more. Except I just now realized that if I release the characters in a Word document, GMs can use "Snap photo" from Acrobat Reader and build their own. And other folks can use their own artwork. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday after church.)

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
          I had one player who seemed to think that 2d6-7 was easier than 1d6-1d6,
          yet he needed to figure out how to count his dice every single time he
          rolled, so I suspect that it wasn't easier, after all.

          I prefer 1d6-1d6.

          Kind regards,
          Brandon Blackmoor

          --
          bblackmoor@...
          2011-06-01
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
            I used the "drop the largest" technique. Less math--he can do a comparison and addition of two single-digit numbers.

            Still took a while for the light bulb to go on.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
              Post them on the Icons wiki!
              http://icons-truth-justice-and-gaming.wikispaces.com/

              If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom of your writeup.
              http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/

              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, ";ohn McMullen" <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

              > Oh--if anyone wants, I have character writeups for *Smalltown Hero*. Only a lack of suitable artwork has kept me from posting them. (I have some of the artwork--maybe a quarter--that I can legally use, but I was hoping for more. Except I just now realized that if I release the characters in a Word document, GMs can use "Snap photo" from Acrobat Reader and build their own. And other folks can use their own artwork. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday after church.)
              >
              > John
            • ;ohn McMullen
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
                I did not know about Storn's photobucket. Thanks.

                If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom of your writeup.
                http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, ";ohn McMullen" <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

                > Oh--if anyone wants, I have character writeups for *Smalltown Hero*. Only a lack of suitable artwork has kept me from posting them. (I have some of the artwork--maybe a quarter--that I can legally use, but I was hoping for more. Except I just now realized that if I release the characters in a Word document, GMs can use "Snap photo" from Acrobat Reader and build their own. And other folks can use their own artwork. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday after church.)
                >
                > John

              • Brandon Blackmoor
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
                  On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21 +0000, "abesapiens" <john@...> wrote:

                  > If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The
                  > are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom
                  > of your writeup.
                  > http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/

                  Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images?

                  Kind regards,
                  Brandon Blackmoor

                  --
                  bblackmoor@...
                  2011-07-01
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
                    Storn widely posts links to these as Creative Commons in his art threads on the Story-Games, RPG.net, Mutants and Masterminds, and Hero Games forums.

                    Frex:

                    http://story-games.com/forums/?CommentID=310242
                    http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3740&start=1471

                    Cheers!

                    John Powell

                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@...> wrote:

                    > On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21 +0000, "abesapiens" <john@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The
                    > > are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom
                    > > of your writeup.
                    > > http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/
                    >

                    > Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images?
                    >

                    > Kind regards,
                    > Brandon Blackmoor
                    >
                    > --
                    > bblackmoor@...
                    > 2011-07-01

                  • Gerry
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
                      Not all the art he's posted in some of these threads (I follow the ones on RPG.net and the HERO forums) are Creative Commons. It's best to check for the image in the thread to see if it is (he posts something making it Creative Commons in each post for those that are), and if you're not sure, contact him first.

                      >Storn widely posts links to these as Creative Commons in his art threads on the Story-Games, RPG.net, Mutants and Masterminds, and Hero Games forums.
                      >
                      >Frex:
                      >
                      >http://story-games.com/forums/?CommentID=310242
                      >http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3740&start=1471
                      >
                      >Cheers!
                      >
                      >John Powell
                      >
                      >--- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:21 +0000, "abesapiens" <john@...> wrote:
                      >> >
                      >> > If you need illustrations, use Storn's photobucket. The
                      >> > are Creative Commons, just provide credit at the bottom
                      >> > of your writeup.
                      >> > http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/
                      >>

                      >> Where do you see the Creative Commons license for these images?
                      >>

                      >> Kind regards,
                      >> Brandon Blackmoor
                      >>
                      >> --
                      >> bblackmoor@...
                      >> 2011-07-01

                    • Chris Helton
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
                        I would suggest contacting Storn as well. He's a ice and you know that you'll be on the right page.

                        Chris
                        -- Sent from my Palm Pre

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 4, 2011
                          Done!