Field Guide 1 updated

  • Charles Rice
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 29, 2011
      Lexicon issues in FG 1 have been fixed and uploaded to RPGNow.
    • Chris Tavares
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 29, 2011

        Hey, cool. I downloaded and the lexicon looks a lot better.

        However, not to be a PITA, but I noticed that there aren’t any bookmarks in this version. Was this intentional?

        Thanks,

        -Chris

        Lexicon issues in FG 1 have been fixed and uploaded to RPGNow.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 29, 2011
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but - I didn't Field Guide I had ever had bookmarks?

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 29, 2011
            No, it had them. This is a different file.

            I'll add the bookmarks and update it again in a day or two.

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 30, 2011
              turns out it did - we're on it

            • bblackmoor@blackgate.net
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 30, 2011
                I have been thinking about an Icons periodical. Once a month, maybe twice a month. Maybe free, maybe some token amount like $1.99. A character, a new rule, maybe a one page adventure.

                Is this something that interests anyone, either as a buyer or a contributor?

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 30, 2011
                  I'd be interested in both capacities.

                  From watching various house organs start well and go down the tubes over the years, I suspect part of the answer is to reign in ambitions. Certainly I've seen magazines get thicker and thicker because the time between them goes up.

                  Would you charge for ad space? If so, how much? I don't have anything to sell, but I'm wondering what the business model is and where revenue might come from.

                  John McMullen (Young old coot)
                  jhmcmullen@...

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 30, 2011
                    On 6/30/2011 11:26 AM, bblackmoor@... wrote:

                    I have been thinking about an Icons periodical. Once a month, maybe twice a month. Maybe free, maybe some token amount like $1.99. A character, a new rule, maybe a one page adventure.

                    Is this something that interests anyone, either as a buyer or a contributor?

                    I might want to contribute a character every so often.
                  • abesapiens
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 30, 2011
                      I'd be interested in both purchasing and contributing.

                      John Powell

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 30, 2011
                        On 6/30/2011 1:26 PM, bblackmoor@... wrote: I have been thinking about an Icons periodical. Once a month, maybe twice a month. Maybe free, maybe some token amount like $1.99. A character, a new rule, maybe a one page adventure.

                        Is this something that interests anyone, either as a buyer or a contributor?

                        That would be awesome, actually "Icon's Presents?"

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 30, 2011
                          Sounds cool. The periodical could also be a way to liven up the Icons wiki. Or not, not sure. But more Icons is always good.

                          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 30, 2011
                            On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 14:30 -0500, "Tim K." <silverlion@...> wrote:

                            > That would be awesome, actually "Icon's Presents?"

                            I was thinking "Iconoclast", if I do any kind of periodical.

                            I have also been playing with the idea of an OGL
                            re-write/re-organization of the ICONS rules, called something like
                            "ICONS: High Resolution!" or "ICONS: Full Color!" (although it wouldn't
                            actually be able to have "ICONS" in the title, because Adamant
                            specifically excludes stand-alone material from the ICONS license).
                            That's likely never going to come to pass, though, because I already
                            have more hobbies than time to pursue them.

                            Kind regards,
                            Brandon Blackmoor

                            --
                            bblackmoor@...
                            2011-06-30
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 30, 2011
                              Ok, bookmarks added.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 30, 2011
                                On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:38 -0400, "Charles Rice" <rpgchuck@...>
                                wrote:

                                > Ok, bookmarks added.

                                Outstanding. You've done a great job responding to customer requests.

                                Kind regards,
                                Brandon Blackmoor

                                --
                                bblackmoor@...
                                2011-06-30
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 1 4:30 AM
                                  I would be very interested in contributing and purchasing. It could be a medium for one to two page cross-genre quick fixes.

                                  Sent from my iPad

                                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 3 5:32 AM
                                    Just wanted to add my thanks to Brandon and the Vigilant crew for updating the first field guide! :)

                                    Jaerdaph