Absorption Conversion

  • Hollis McCray
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21 5:20 PM
      I'm working on converting a character from MnM to ICONS. His only
      power is Absorption, with the extra that lets you absorb energy and
      physical damage. But if I'm reading this right, I have to give him
      Absorption twice in ICONS, once for physical damage and once for
      energy. I think it would be okay to give him both kinds of Absorption
      as a bonus power. Thoughts?

      --
      Hollis McCray
      aka The Fifth Wanderer

      ascensionschild@...

      "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
      LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
    • Steve Kenson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 22 5:05 AM
        On Jul 22, 2010, at 7:01 AM, Hollis McCray wrote:
        I'm working on converting a character from MnM to ICONS. His only
        power is Absorption, with the extra that lets you absorb energy and
        physical damage. But if I'm reading this right, I have to give him
        Absorption twice in ICONS, once for physical damage and once for
        energy. I think it would be okay to give him both kinds of Absorption
        as a bonus power.

        Yeah, that'd probably be fine, Hollis. That way you'd have three "levels" of Absorption:

        1) Specific type of damage (the default)
        2) All physical or all energy damage
        3) All damage

        With the power's Determination cost based on its level, plus any additional bonus powers (like being able to use absorbed energy to both heal and attack, for example).