ICONS on Obsidian Portal

  • Hollis McCray
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 2010
      ICONS is now supported on Obsidian Portal. There is even a (somewhat
      quirky) dynamic character sheet for it. Time to stop slacking off and
      really get to work on my campaign.

      Which you can find here:
      http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/ravensport-chronicles

      --
      Hollis McCray
      aka The Fifth Wanderer

      ascensionschild@...

      "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
      LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
    • eric troup

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16, 2010
          Check this out http://www.obsidianportal.com/about

          Obsidian Portal is a content management site for Dungeons & Dragons and other tabletop role-playing games. Rather than trying to automate the playing of the game, Obsidian Portal provides tools to help automate the storytelling. After all, these games are about telling a story, not crunching a bunch of numbers.

          On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 12:46 PM, eric troup <yakkoman@...> wrote:

          For those of us who spend our vacations under rocks, what is Obsidian Portal?  Thanks.

          daDiceGuy also known as the Grim Traveller
          --
          You're a bit hard to miss love. Mysterious stranger, M.O. consistent with higher alien intelligence, hair of an idiot - Liz 10
        • Sean Patrick Fannon
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 28, 2010
            I've also got a campaign started there - The Unending War. Golden Age meets Dieselpunk.

            I just wish the character sheet didn't freak out with the Qualities and Challenges. As well, it could use a few more slots for Powers and Specialties.

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

            > ICONS is now supported on Obsidian Portal. There is even a (somewhat
            > quirky) dynamic character sheet for it. Time to stop slacking off and
            > really get to work on my campaign.
            >
            > Which you can find here:
            > http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/ravensport-chronicles
            >
            > --
            > Hollis McCray
            > aka The Fifth Wanderer
            >
            > ascensionschild@...
            >
            > "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
            > LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere

          • Gareth-Michael Skarka
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 28, 2010
              Hey folks--

              I just wanted to let you know that the official pre-order for THE VILLAINOMICON -- the first print supplement for ICONS has gone live over at our website:

              Information:

              THE VILLAINOMICON
              RELEASE DATE: October 2010
              Game Line: ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying
              Category: Supplement
              Size: 128 pages, Softcover, 6 5/8 x 10 1/4
              Interior Art: Full Colour
              Authors: Gareth-Michael Skarka, Walt Ciechanowski, Steve Kenson and Dan Houser
              Stock Code: CB75012 ISBN: 978-0-85744-026-6
              ———————————————–

              BRING ON THE BAD GUYS!

              Villains are crucial to superheroes. They don’t just provide antagonism – they demonstrate exactly what it is that makes the hero a hero. They highlight the strengths of the character and stand in direct contrast to everything the character represents. The best heroes are often defined by their nemesis.

              The first supplement for the ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying game, THE VILLAINOMICON provides Game Masters with a rogues’ gallery of dozens of villains ready to use — but it doesn’t stop there. The supplement provides new powers, new specialties, optional rules and dozens of adventure hooks– making THE VILLAINOMICON more than just a “monster manual” for superhero gaming.

              Pre-Order customers will not only receive the book when it ships in October, but will also receive a complimentary advance PDF copy when the file is sent to the printer in September, and will also receive an exclusive PDF adventure for ICONS written by Gareth-Michael Skarka!

              The Pre-Order of The Villainomicon is available for$29.99 plus $7.95 shipping and handling.

              Gareth-Michael Skarka

              Adamant Entertainment

              gms@...

            • Hollis McCray
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 6, 2010
                Gareth-

                Any idea of how long the Villainomicon will be on preorder? Between
                some unexpected bills and the wife's surgery, I can't afford to pick
                it up till at least September. :(