Re: [icons-rpg] trick arrows

    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 11, 2011
      It sounds like what they wanted was a multipower (in Hero terms), and for that,
      the house rule sounds fine. But the advantage of Wizardry is supposed to be that
      you can power stunt anything with it, with a flexible quality ("Merry, Girl of a
      Thousand Gadgets!") and a high enough linked ability. Yes, it costs a
      Determination point, but the character has Weaknesses to generate them, or
      should have. The two powers represent powers that get used so often that they no
      longer cost determination.

      So an archer has an Intellect of 5, a Wizardry of 5, two types of arrows he uses
      a lot--rope arrow with binding and a boxing glove arrow, say, an epithet (The
      Gimmicky Bowman), and Weaknesses like Target for Bad Guys and Loves Peril-Prone
      Polly and Lack of Self-Confidence Despite Past Successes.

      Or that's how I read it.

      John McMullen (Young old coot)
      jhmcmullen@...

      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 16, 2011
        I agree with you, in theory, but if your players are not in the habit of having Compels, it can be difficult. Also, you want them to have Determination, so you need to encourage not-hoarding it.

        I have gone the route of giving Determination for roleplaying anything that inconveniences the character, and I hope to make Compels more meaningful down the line.