Re: [icons-rpg] trick arrows

  • Gareth-Michael Skarka
    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 10, 2011

      On Jun 11, 2011, at 1:06 AM, Tim K. wrote:

      On 6/10/2011 1:25 PM, Brandon Blackmoor wrote:
      I am having a serious problem replicating a certain type of character in
      ICONS. This is the "archer with trick arrows" or "ping pong ball gun"
      type character. This is not Wizardry -- the character can't do just
      anything. Typically, they are "trick arrows" or mini-rockets with
      different payloads, or something to that effect.

      It is exactly what Wizardry (Gadgets) is for, while the heroes have
      limited arrows, they always seem to have the right one when needed.
      That's what the power allows.

      Agreed.

      If you're looking to instead have a limited repretoire of arrows,  simply do each arrow type as a seperate power (labeled as a device).

      Gareth-Michael Skarka

      Adamant Entertainment

      gms@...

    • jhmcmullen
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 16, 2011
        I agree with you, in theory, but if your players are not in the habit of having Compels, it can be difficult. Also, you want them to have Determination, so you need to encourage not-hoarding it.

        I have gone the route of giving Determination for roleplaying anything that inconveniences the character, and I hope to make Compels more meaningful down the line.