Half- damage?

  • JohnMcMullen
    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 10, 2011
      I'm doing writeups of the characters in the systemless adventure "Small Town Hero" and for quite a lot of them it says "takes half damage from X".

      Suggestions on an elegant way to handle this?

      I think currently I like this best: Absorption 3, healing, with a weakness that the power works on only a quarter of the damage received

      I tried Invulnerability but you can't by the rules slice it as finely (elemental effects, slashing effects, bullets, etc).

      John
    • jhmcmullen
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 16, 2011
        I agree with you, in theory, but if your players are not in the habit of having Compels, it can be difficult. Also, you want them to have Determination, so you need to encourage not-hoarding it.

        I have gone the route of giving Determination for roleplaying anything that inconveniences the character, and I hope to make Compels more meaningful down the line.