Re: [icons-rpg] FYI: Adamant Entertainment Ends App Pricing Model

  • eric troup
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2011
      I agree. This isn't Icons-specific, but there are some new pulp supplements out about Egypt that look really fun, my being a pulp fanatic and all, but at $24.95 for the PDF, I just can't justify it. (Not an AE product, BTW. Just using it to illustrate.)

      On 5 Apr 2011, at 06:00, jaerdaph wrote:

      In case you didn't see this yesterday:

      http://gmskarka.com/2011/04/04/a-failed-experiment/

      In short, the app pricing model for Adamant Entertainment products wasn't sustainable so Gareth has decided to return to regular pricing models on PDFs.

      I'm a PDF only guy now, and I have an iPad 2 coming, so I was excited about this experiment. That's a shame - it was a sound idea but it didn't pan out in the long haul. Thanks for the good deals while it lasted though! Still, $5 bucks for an adventure isn't all that steep.

      App pricing for me as a customer meant that app priced products went straight in the shopping cart instead of the wish list, even items I might not use right away. The only thing holding me back was getting enough app priced items from various companies in the cart so I could hit that magic $5 number that RPGNow has so you don't pay a processing charge. Now I'll be a little more choosy about what I buy right away, if at all. $1.99 is a no-brainer, but $10+ makes me think before I buy.

      Anyhow, hats off to Gareth for taking a chance and giving it a try - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Bold moves like this is what makes Gareth and Adamant one of the leaders in the RPG market.