Sin of the Past

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2011
      I finally got to run "Sins of the Past" this weekend at a local club. It always struck me as a really good adventure it didn't quite fit in my ongoing campaign and I had a hunch it might be a bit too intricate to run online (I'm still learning how to run games over the Internet effectively) so I have been spoiling to try it out.

      Anyway without giving away any spoilers, the adventure is very robust, coherent and quite flexible. Whereas with Skeletron Key and Murder of Crowes - enjoyable as they are - I felt there were part of the adventure I had to rework before even running the scenarios, Sins works straight out of the tin. In play, as you would expect, the players traced a route somewhat differently from how the scenario was written but the internal logic of the adventure supporting this without any strain.

      On reflection though I suspect it would work better as part of an ongoing campaign than as a one shot. Don't get me wrong it's a fun one shot with plenty of action, but Sins is a very rich adventure and it was almost over too quickly. In an ongoing campaign one could ideally introduce the Golden Agents in early adventure to set the ground work and maybe spread out the events of Sins of the Past over a few session to make the that the final revelations that much more satisfying.