Re: [icons-rpg] Latest release: Wargames: Supreme Commissar!

  • Curt Meyer
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2011
      Thanks Chuck. ... got it. So Wargames takes place in the USHER dossiers universe? Are we going to see some Cold War heroes?

      Sent from my iPad

      On Apr 10, 2011, at 3:27 PM, Charles Rice <rpgchuck@...> wrote:

      The Supreme Commissar is the founder and leader of the Red Directorate, the primary Soviet agency for the oversight of meta-human affairs. Gifted with a tenacity and deviousness that rival Rasputin’s, he outmaneuvers his rivals in both the West and East like a seasoned chessmaster while opposing any threats to the USSR, be they from scheming mutant supervillains, alien invaders or ancient supernatural evil.

      Check it out!

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2011
        Hey Curt,

        Wargames shares a lot of background elements with USHER. It could very easily take place in the same universe.

        I've got a bunch of Wargames-era heroes (both US and Soviet). My plan was to do most of the villains first and then do the heroes.

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Curt Meyer <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Chuck. ... got it. So Wargames takes place in the USHER dossiers universe? Are we going to see some Cold War heroes?
        >
        > Sent from my iPad
        >
        > On Apr 10, 2011, at 3:27 PM, Charles Rice <rpgchuck@...> wrote:

        > > The Supreme Commissar is the founder and leader of the Red Directorate, the primary Soviet agency for the oversight of meta-human affairs. Gifted with a tenacity and deviousness that rival Rasputin’s, he outmaneuvers his rivals in both the West and East like a seasoned chessmaster while opposing any threats to the USSR, be they from scheming mutant supervillains, alien invaders or ancient supernatural evil.
        > >
        > > Check it out!

      • Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10, 2011
          Cool. So we have several more weeks of releases to look forward to; and thanks for not raising the prices, at least on these.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2011
            I'm drawing the line at 1.99!

            I kid, I kid

            My goal from the beginning has been to do most of the Wargames stuff (and the Battlescenes before them) on a scale where they'd actually be profitable/sustainable at $1 or $2 price points.

            So - those books at least will stay in that price range.

            While we're talking about this book, I'd like to mention it's got some awesome Dan Houser art in. Wish we could have shown more in the preview.

            For example, Dan did an awesome GI Joe style faux blueprint of a Soviet heli-carrier. I thought it was so cool, I ran it at full page size. :)

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Curt \"Cripplepotomus\" Meyer" <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

            > Cool. So we have several more weeks of releases to look forward to; and
            > thanks for not raising the prices, at least on these.
            >
            > On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 6:49 PM, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...>wrote:
            >

            > > Hey Curt,
            > >
            > > Wargames shares a lot of background elements with USHER. It could very
            > > easily take place in the same universe.
            > >
            > > I've got a bunch of Wargames-era heroes (both US and Soviet). My plan was
            > > to do most of the villains first and then do the heroes.
            > >

            > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Curt Meyer <curtmeyer@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Thanks Chuck. ... got it. So Wargames takes place in the USHER dossiers
            > > universe? Are we going to see some Cold War heroes?
            > > >
            > > > Sent from my iPad
            > > >
            > > > On Apr 10, 2011, at 3:27 PM, Charles Rice <rpgchuck@> wrote:

            > > SUPREME COMMISSAR

            > > the primary Soviet agency for the oversight of meta-human affairs. Gifted
            > > with a tenacity and deviousness that rival Rasputin’s, he outmaneuvers his
            > > rivals in both the West and East like a seasoned chessmaster while opposing
            > > any threats to the USSR, be they from scheming mutant supervillains, alien
            > > invaders or ancient supernatural evil.

          • Charles Rice
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 10, 2011
              Pretty much the only books that were affected by app pricing were USHER and the Field Guides.

              Since USHER had already broken even, I decided to leave it at 1.99, so really, only the Field Guides and Homefront Heroes experienced a price bump.

              So everyone who hasn't bought USHER should, before I realize I'm crazy!