Using Fudge dice

  • Douglas Parks
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2011
      I couldn't find this in the list archives.

      What changes, if any, to the system would be needed to use Fudge dice rather than the d6 positive/negative method?

      My initial idea is that the Outcome chart would have to be restructured to account for the fact that Fudge dice only reach +/- 4 rather than 5.

      What do you think?

      --
      Douglas Parks
      Freelance Human Being

    • Mike Olson

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2011
          I've been tempted to do this too as I do like my Fudge dice. I'm not sure you really need to change anything. Bear in mind the+5 for a massive success is a function of the dice roll and the relative difficulty of the test.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2011
            My advice is that if you want to use Fudge dice is to make all rolls opposed rolls, where the gm rolls 4dF + target number and compares to the player's 4dF + stat/speciality/power roll. This is because 8dF is a much closer match for d6-d6 than 4dF. Take a look at these graphs:
            http://anydice.com/program/6f1

            Cheers!