Re: [icons-rpg] icons character builder

  • Brandon Blackmoor
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2 7:06 PM
      On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 22:03 -0400, "Brandon Blackmoor"
      <bblackmoor@...> wrote:

      > I uploaded a new version of the simple spreadsheet
      > that I use to make up ICONS characters and post
      > their character sheets to our wiki.

      Here is what the wiki output looks like (I played this character today,
      in fact):

      http://www.westguard.org/index.php?title=Widow

      Kind regards,
      Brandon Blackmoor

      --
      bblackmoor@...
      2011-04-02
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2 11:34 PM
        On 4/2/2011 9:03 PM, Brandon Blackmoor wrote:
        > I uploaded a new version of the simple spreadsheet that I use to make up
        > ICONS characters and post their character sheets to our wiki.
        >
        > http://www.westguard.org/index.php?title=ICONS_Character_Builder

        Nice, I'll take a look.
        I'm not entirely happy with the formatting of some of the ones I've
        played with.
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3 12:39 AM
          And there she is, the Widow from yesteerdays ICONS Occasionals! :-)

          Nice work Brandon.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: bblackmoor@...
          Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 22:06:32 -0400
          Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] icons character builder

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3 7:55 AM
            On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 01:34 -0500, "Tim K." <silverlion@...> wrote:

            > I'm not entirely happy with the formatting of some
            > of the ones I've played with.

            I am currently using the wiki itself for formatting the output. I
            haven't added a way to print directly from the spreadsheet yet. I do
            intend to do so, but since I am happy with the wiki output, it's low on
            my list of things to do.

            Kind regards,
            Brandon Blackmoor

            --
            bblackmoor@...
            2011-04-03
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3 2:09 PM
              On 4/3/2011 9:55 AM, Brandon Blackmoor wrote:
              > On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 01:34 -0500, "Tim K."<silverlion@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I'm not entirely happy with the formatting of some
              >> of the ones I've played with.
              >
              > I am currently using the wiki itself for formatting the output. I
              > haven't added a way to print directly from the spreadsheet yet. I do
              > intend to do so, but since I am happy with the wiki output, it's low on
              > my list of things to do.

              I think my biggest concern with most of them is the table formatting.
              It's hard to tell at a glance while playing where the bar for a trait
              reaches say 5 or 6. I think I'll start writing it on the edge of the
              bar/inside the bar itself. Though I'd like a program that did that.
            • Brandon Blackmoor
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3 2:15 PM
                On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 16:09 -0500, "Tim K." <silverlion@...> wrote:

                > I think my biggest concern with most of them is
                > the table formatting. It's hard to tell at a
                > glance while playing where the bar for a trait
                > reaches say 5 or 6.

                I don't have that problem myself, but I made an "accessible" output on
                the wiki for the visually impaired.

                Kind regards,
                Brandon Blackmoor

                --