icons character builder

  • Brandon Blackmoor
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2 7:03 PM
      I uploaded a new version of the simple spreadsheet that I use to make up
      ICONS characters and post their character sheets to our wiki.

      http://www.westguard.org/index.php?title=ICONS_Character_Builder

      Kind regards,
      Brandon Blackmoor

      --
      bblackmoor@...
      2011-04-02
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2 7:06 PM
        On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 22:03 -0400, "Brandon Blackmoor"
        <bblackmoor@...> wrote:

        > I uploaded a new version of the simple spreadsheet
        > that I use to make up ICONS characters and post
        > their character sheets to our wiki.

        Here is what the wiki output looks like (I played this character today,
        in fact):

        http://www.westguard.org/index.php?title=Widow

        Kind regards,
        Brandon Blackmoor

        --
        bblackmoor@...
        2011-04-02
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2 11:34 PM
          On 4/2/2011 9:03 PM, Brandon Blackmoor wrote:
          > I uploaded a new version of the simple spreadsheet that I use to make up
          > ICONS characters and post their character sheets to our wiki.
          >
          > http://www.westguard.org/index.php?title=ICONS_Character_Builder

          Nice, I'll take a look.
          I'm not entirely happy with the formatting of some of the ones I've
          played with.
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3 12:39 AM
            And there she is, the Widow from yesteerdays ICONS Occasionals! :-)

            Nice work Brandon.

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
            From: bblackmoor@...
            Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 22:06:32 -0400
            Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] icons character builder

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3 7:55 AM
              On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 01:34 -0500, "Tim K." <silverlion@...> wrote:

              > I'm not entirely happy with the formatting of some
              > of the ones I've played with.

              I am currently using the wiki itself for formatting the output. I
              haven't added a way to print directly from the spreadsheet yet. I do
              intend to do so, but since I am happy with the wiki output, it's low on
              my list of things to do.

              Kind regards,
              Brandon Blackmoor

              --
              bblackmoor@...
              2011-04-03
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3 2:09 PM
                On 4/3/2011 9:55 AM, Brandon Blackmoor wrote:
                > On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 01:34 -0500, "Tim K."<silverlion@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> I'm not entirely happy with the formatting of some
                >> of the ones I've played with.
                >
                > I am currently using the wiki itself for formatting the output. I
                > haven't added a way to print directly from the spreadsheet yet. I do
                > intend to do so, but since I am happy with the wiki output, it's low on
                > my list of things to do.

                I think my biggest concern with most of them is the table formatting.
                It's hard to tell at a glance while playing where the bar for a trait
                reaches say 5 or 6. I think I'll start writing it on the edge of the
                bar/inside the bar itself. Though I'd like a program that did that.
              • Brandon Blackmoor
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3 2:15 PM
                  On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 16:09 -0500, "Tim K." <silverlion@...> wrote:

                  > I think my biggest concern with most of them is
                  > the table formatting. It's hard to tell at a
                  > glance while playing where the bar for a trait
                  > reaches say 5 or 6.

                  I don't have that problem myself, but I made an "accessible" output on
                  the wiki for the visually impaired.

                  Kind regards,
                  Brandon Blackmoor

                  --