Homefront Heroes: Amazing Stories of WWII released!

  • Charles Rice
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2011

      Homefront Heroes is the next in Vigilance Press' popular line of USHER Universe supplements set in WWII!

      In the Golden Age of comics, most comics were set on the "homefront" and centered on heroes who, for a variety of reasons, were left behind from the war effort. Homefront Heroes shows what was happening on this crucial front during the war, fighting 5th column subversives and saboteurs.

      Homefront Heroes introduces several new heroes to the USHER Universe of the WWII era: Bronze Bomber, Brother Survivor, Captain Awesome, Captain Whizbang, Crimson Cyclone, Freedom Song, Invalid, Iron Chief, Lamplighter, Peacemaker, Volunteer and White Lady.

      Homefront Heroes also covers life on the homefront during WWII, and a discussion of how heroes were depicted during the Golden Age, contrasted with how later eras of comics treated the war.

      All art in Homefront Heroes is done by Jon Gibbons, an amazingly talented artist from the UK who has done work for Mongoose Publishing, Adamant Entertainment and Ronin Arts. His cinematic art style has also contributed heavily to the look and feel of Vigilance Press' entire USHER Universe line.

      Homefront Heroes is written by gaming legend Steve Perrin. Steve has written and contributed to many legendary games over his storied career including: Runequest, Call of Cthulhu, Stormbringer and Thieves' World.

      His supers-specific writing includes games, such as Superworld, Worlds of Wonder, the official Elfquest RPG and the Champions module V.O.I.C.E. of Doom. He has also written comics for Heroic Publishing including Flare, League of Champions and Liberty Comics.

      Check it out!

    • Gerry
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2011
        Got my copy, along with the 4 Wargames solo characters today.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2011
          Hey Gerry, hope you liked them.

          As a writer for Vigilance, I got to see Homefront Heroes about a week or so ago.

          I was blown away. Between Steve Perrin's writing and Jon's art -- I think this is the best WW2 book we've put out yet.