Re: [icons-rpg] Villainomicon update

  • Chris McGuire
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 24, 2011
      Hey Gareth,

      Is this still on track? I know it is still technically the next week, but I haven't received my PDF or book yet.

      On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:

      Folks--

      Just a quick note to let you know that I'm very happy to announce that
      THE VILLAINOMICON will be sent out to pre-order customers next week!

      If you haven't already ordered, we're only keeping the pre-order open
      until Friday this week.

      If you HAVE already ordered -- thanks for sticking with us, and you'll
      see the PDF next week, with the book arriving soon after!

      -Gareth

    • Curt Meyer
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 24, 2011
        Nor have I, but the preview in this week's rpgnow newsletter suggests that at least some have seen the text, which is promising.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Mar 24, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Chris McGuire <christmcguire@...> wrote:

        Hey Gareth,

        Is this still on track? I know it is still technically the next week, but I haven't received my PDF or book yet.

        On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:

        Folks--

        Just a quick note to let you know that I'm very happy to announce that
        THE VILLAINOMICON will be sent out to pre-order customers next week!

        If you haven't already ordered, we're only keeping the pre-order open
        until Friday this week.

        If you HAVE already ordered -- thanks for sticking with us, and you'll
        see the PDF next week, with the book arriving soon after!

        -Gareth

      • Gareth-Michael Skarka
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 25, 2011
          On Mar 24, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Chris McGuire wrote:

          > Is this still on track? I know it is still technically the next
          > week, but I haven't received my PDF or book yet.

          Yes, we're still on track, but hit a snag of a day or so -- I moved
          across town this week (including my home office where I run Adamant),
          and discovered internet connection difficulties in the new place that
          required re-wiring (all I had was my 3G phone, so I posted a couple of
          updates on Adamant's Twitter account (@AdamantEnt -- which appears on
          Adamant's website front page) and my person account as well (@GMSkarka).

          As of about an hour ago, I have everything up and running -- taking
          care of a few last details and the book will go to the printer (and in
          PDF to pre-order customers) on Monday (at the latest -- I'll probably
          send some time this weekend, even though the printer won't see it
          until Monday). It will ship from the printer to the warehouse by the
          end of the week, and then out to pre-order customers (and then to
          distributors). FINALLY!

          On a personal note? Moving after 8 years in one location: Not as
          fun as you might think. :)

          -Gareth
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 25, 2011
            I just (last October) moved after a similar period of time.

            I think it will take about a year for us to unpack and put things away, and a
            year after that to find better places to put things away.

            John McMullen (Young old coot)
            jhmcmullen@...

            On Mar 24, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Chris McGuire wrote:

            > Is this still on track? I know it is still technically the next
            > week, but I haven't received my PDF or book yet.

            Yes, we're still on track, but hit a snag of a day or so -- I moved
            across town this week (including my home office where I run Adamant),
            and discovered internet connection difficulties in the new place that
            required re-wiring (all I had was my 3G phone, so I posted a couple of
            updates on Adamant's Twitter account (@AdamantEnt -- which appears on
            Adamant's website front page) and my person account as well (@GMSkarka).

            As of about an hour ago, I have everything up and running -- taking
            care of a few last details and the book will go to the printer (and in
            PDF to pre-order customers) on Monday (at the latest -- I'll probably
            send some time this weekend, even though the printer won't see it
            until Monday). It will ship from the printer to the warehouse by the
            end of the week, and then out to pre-order customers (and then to
            distributors). FINALLY!

            On a personal note? Moving after 8 years in one location: Not as
            fun as you might think. :)

            -Gareth

          • Steve Zieser

              On Mar 24, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Chris McGuire wrote:

              > Is this still on track? I know it is still technically the next
              > week, but I haven't received my PDF or book yet.

              Yes, we're still on track, but hit a snag of a day or so -- I moved
              across town this week (including my home office where I run Adamant),
              and discovered internet connection difficulties in the new place that
              required re-wiring (all I had was my 3G phone, so I posted a couple of
              updates on Adamant's Twitter account (@AdamantEnt -- which appears on
              Adamant's website front page) and my person account as well (@GMSkarka).

              As of about an hour ago, I have everything up and running -- taking
              care of a few last details and the book will go to the printer (and in
              PDF to pre-order customers) on Monday (at the latest -- I'll probably
              send some time this weekend, even though the printer won't see it
              until Monday). It will ship from the printer to the warehouse by the
              end of the week, and then out to pre-order customers (and then to
              distributors). FINALLY!

              On a personal note? Moving after 8 years in one location: Not as
              fun as you might think. :)

              -Gareth

              -----
              Old-School Gaming Art
              http://curmudgeonsdragons.blogspot.com

              Iron Rationales: Old & New School Blogging
              http://ironrationales.blogspot.com

              Funny Tees for Geeks
              http://LabelMeHappy.com

            • Gareth-Michael Skarka

                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 29, 2011
                    *Whistles casually*

                    To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                    From: gms@...
                    Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:48:48 -0500

                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 29, 2011
                      So I can assume no one else has received his or her PDF?

                      Sent from my iPad

                      On Mar 29, 2011, at 7:21 AM, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:

                      *Whistles casually*

                      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                      From: gms@...
                      Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:48:48 -0500

                        From: gms@...
                        Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:48:48 -0500

                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 29, 2011
                          I got a phone call directing me to log on and answer this email--

                          No, nobody has been sent the PDF yet. Unfortunately, both myself
                          and my daughter are quite ill (bronchitis or some other respiratory
                          crud -- just got back from the doctor, with perscriptions of
                          antibiotics and such), which impacted my work availability, as you
                          might imagine.

                          The PDF will be sent out this week, no matter what.

                          -G
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 29, 2011
                            On 3/29/2011 3:15 PM, Gareth-Michael Skarka wrote:
                            > I got a phone call directing me to log on and answer this email--
                            >
                            > No, nobody has been sent the PDF yet. Unfortunately, both myself
                            > and my daughter are quite ill (bronchitis or some other respiratory
                            > crud -- just got back from the doctor, with perscriptions of
                            > antibiotics and such), which impacted my work availability, as you
                            > might imagine.
                            >
                            > The PDF will be sent out this week, no matter what.
                            >
                            > -G

                            Get well, vibes. I hope you can fight it off with the medications

                            Sadly, I was too poor to pre-order, but I understand illness. My wife
                            had to hit the ER for bronchitis/"walking pneumonia" yesterday. Not fun
                            at all.
                          • Brandon Blackmoor
                            Message 13 of 29 , Apr 13 11:34 PM
                              Legacies game podcast from 2011-03-25.

                              http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-03-25/

                              Kind regards,
                              Brandon Blackmoor

                              --
                              bblackmoor@...
                              2011-04-14
                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 14 4:08 PM
                                Adamant Entertainment is pleased to announce the release of HERO PACK 2!

                                In this 65-page PDF, you'll find 30 characters -- heroes and villains alike -- fully statted for ICONS and illustrated in the signature ICONS style by Dan Houser! In addition, each character comes with a full background write-up, and is also featured as a ready-to-use standee for use in your game!

                                Gareth-Michael Skarka

                                Adamant Entertainment

                                gms@...

                                PS:  Today we also sent THE VILLAINOMICON in PDF to the pre-order customers, as well as to the printer -- and it will be commercially released in PDF before the end of April (the book will be arriving in stores in May).   So keep an eye out for that as well!

                              • simpson_99
                                Message 15 of 29 , Apr 15 7:02 AM
                                  Sounds like a fun gaming group. I like your GM style.

                                  --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@...> wrote:

                                  > Legacies game podcast from 2011-03-25.
                                  >
                                  > http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-03-25/
                                  >

                                  > Kind regards,
                                  > Brandon Blackmoor
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > bblackmoor@...
                                  > 2011-04-14

                                • Brandon Blackmoor
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Apr 15 7:18 AM
                                    On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:02 +0000, "simpson_99" <simpson_99@...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > Sounds like a fun gaming group. I like your GM style.

                                    Listening to the podcast is making me aware of some of my shortcomings.
                                    I need to get better at maintaining the pace and cutting short
                                    twenty-minute hemming and hawing, which some of my players are prone to.

                                    Kind regards,
                                    Brandon Blackmoor

                                    --
                                    bblackmoor@...
                                    2011-04-15
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Apr 15 7:27 AM
                                      Having experienced that very thing last night, sounds like this could be a good listen for me. Oh, and I do occasionally enjoy actual-plays.

                                       Robert
                                      Howling in the Dark http://spookable.blogspot.com/

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Apr 17 12:04 AM
                                        Legacies podcast from Issue 10, "Road trip".

                                        http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-04-15/

                                        Kind regards,
                                        Brandon Blackmoor

                                        --
                                        bblackmoor@...
                                        2011-04-17
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Apr 26 7:45 PM
                                          New game podcast.

                                          http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-04-22/

                                          Kind regards,
                                          Brandon Blackmoor

                                          --
                                          bblackmoor@...
                                          2011-04-26
                                          Message 20 of 29 , May 2, 2011
                                            This was the epilogue: wrapping up some loose ends, and setting the
                                            stage for the team’s future adventures. Nothing super exciting happened;
                                            just a laid-back conclusion to the game.

                                            http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-04-29/

                                            Kind regards,
                                            Brandon Blackmoor

                                            --
                                            bblackmoor@...
                                            2011-05-02
                                            Message 21 of 29 , May 2, 2011
                                              On Mon, 02 May 2011 11:00 -0400, "Brandon Blackmoor"
                                              <bblackmoor@...> wrote:

                                              > This was the epilogue: wrapping up some loose ends, and
                                              > setting the stage for the team’s future adventures.

                                              A summary of the game.
                                              http://www.westguard.org/index.php?title=Legacies#Issue_.2312.2C_.22Epilogue.22

                                              Kind regards,
                                              Brandon Blackmoor

                                              --
                                              bblackmoor@...
                                              2011-05-02

                                                Message 23 of 29 , May 5, 2011
                                                  On Thu, 05 May 2011 16:05 -0700, "eric troup" <yakkoman@...>
                                                  wrote:

                                                  > Is there a way to subscribe to that feed?

                                                  I could add a RSS feed to my blog. No one has asked for that before, but
                                                  it should be fairly simple.

                                                  > I couldn't find one on iTunes, or on the website.

                                                  I do not do iTunes. As for the web site, you can find them by searching
                                                  for "podcast".

                                                  Kind regards,
                                                  Brandon Blackmoor

                                                  --
                                                  bblackmoor@...
                                                  2011-05-05
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , May 5, 2011
                                                    An RSS subscription for the podcast would be swell. I can tell you you'd have at least one subscriber.

                                                    wrote:

                                                    > Is there a way to subscribe to that feed?

                                                    I could add a RSS feed to my blog. No one has asked for that before, but
                                                    it should be fairly simple.

                                                    > I couldn't find one on iTunes, or on the website.

                                                    I do not do iTunes. As for the web site, you can find them by searching
                                                    for "podcast".

                                                    Kind regards,
                                                    Brandon Blackmoor

                                                    --
                                                    bblackmoor@...
                                                    2011-05-05

                                                  • Chris Tavares
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , May 5, 2011

                                                      The lack of a feed is the main reason I haven’t listened – downloading manually and adding it to my MP3 player is more effort than I want to put in.

                                                      Which of course sounds like a giant complaint about something somebody put free on the web, which is totally not what I’m trying to do here. J Brandon, your blog software may already let you create an RSS feed automatically. iTunes and other software (I use the Zune stuff) can pull from that feed automatically as you post, so it just shows up on portable devices. I never sit in front of my computer to listen to podcasts, so it’s gotta be put on the Zune to listen to it. Mondo convenient for listeners.

                                                      Just make sure the podcasts are in a common tag or category (I’m not sure of the difference, but I’m sure there is one) and most blog systems will let you build a feed just for that thing. The client software takes it from there.

                                                      -Chris

                                                      Message 26 of 29 , May 5, 2011
                                                        On Thu, 05 May 2011 16:15 -0700, "eric troup" <yakkoman@...>
                                                        wrote:

                                                        > An RSS subscription for the podcast would be swell.
                                                        > I can tell you you'd have at least one subscriber.

                                                        Here you go:

                                                        http://www.blackgate.net/blog/category/entertainment/podcast/feed/

                                                        I added a link to this and the Gaming category feed on the blog web
                                                        site, too.

                                                        Kind regards,
                                                        Brandon Blackmoor

                                                        --