Super-Speed question

  • JohnMc
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2011
      While I don't want to burden a fun game down with minutiae, has anyone figured out roughly the speeds for Super-Speed?

      We know that Super-Speed 5 is out to visual range, maybe a quarter of a mile. (Yes, guns can shoot farther, but if a panel is about three seconds, and visual range is about a quarter-mile, then Super-Speed 5 is still running 300 mph.)

      So Super-Speed 6 would be, what, about 400 miles an hour?

      Super-Speed 7 is the speed of sound, about 800 mph.

      Super-Speed 10 is anywhere in the world in a panel--that's about 12500 miles in 3 seconds. That's 250,000 a minute, or about 15 million an hour, if I've done my math right. (It was in my head, so I could have dropped or added a couple of zeroes someplace.) Which suggests that plain doubling doesn't work at that end of the scale.
    • Gareth-Michael Skarka
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2011
        Be A Hero.

        Adamant Entertainment is proud to present an adventure for ICONS: Superpowered Roleplaying produced especially as a charity fundraiser for St. John New Zealand.

        St. John New Zealand  ( http://www.stjohn.org.nz/  ) are volunteer first responders and health care providers, currently operating the remaining welfare centre currently operating in the aftermath of the Christchurch earthquake.

        The Aotearoa Gambit is a fast-paced adventure which takes place in New Zealand (Aotearoa) and after some initial scene setting, presents the players with 3 possible encounters, which they can choose to resolve in any order. Each encounter is structured to have possible alternate solutions, other than brute force, and also to increase in difficulty if not resolved immediately, making some tough choices for the heroes. These encounters should ultimately lead to a final scene which features a showdown with the main villain - an encounter which will determine the fate of an entire nation!

        This 25-page ICONS adventure was written and edited by New Zealanders Dale Elvy, Morgan Davie and Cam Banks, who join Adamant Entertainment in donating all proceeds from this product, in perpetuity, to St John New Zealand.

        Gareth-Michael Skarka

        Adamant Entertainment

        gms@...

      • abesapiens
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2011
          SOLD!

          John Powell

          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:

          > Be A Hero.
          >
          > Adamant Entertainment is proud to present an adventure for ICONS:
          > Superpowered Roleplaying produced especially as a charity fundraiser
          > for St. John New Zealand.

        • Chris Tavares
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2011

            This is very, very very cool. Going to purchase now.

            Thanks to Adamant and the authors for doing this.

            -Chris

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2011
              Thank you everyone at Adamant for doing this to help a great cause. I grabbed my copy as soon as I saw it go up this afternoon!

              jaerdaph