Question on Life Drain

  • lindharin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
      Hi,

      I've been operating on two assumptions about how Life Drain works, and suddenly realized that while I think I'm right, I'm actually not sure I can 100% definitively back up either of them.

      I've been assuming that Life Drain:

      1. Bypasses damage resistance powers. It isn't described as "damage", so Invulnerability (and similar effects, Force Field, etc.) wouldn't reduce it.

      2. Does not slam or stun. It isn't a bash, slash, blast or shooting attack, so it subtracts from Stamina as described in the power and that is it.

      Is that correct? Or am I misunderstanding one or both of those?

      Thanks,
      Lindharin
    • Steve Kenson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2011
        On Mar 4, 2011, at 6:08 AM, icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        I've been assuming that Life Drain:

        1. Bypasses damage resistance powers. It isn't described as "damage", so Invulnerability (and similar effects, Force Field, etc.) wouldn't reduce it.

        2. Does not slam or stun. It isn't a bash, slash, blast or shooting attack, so it subtracts from Stamina as described in the power and that is it.

        Correct on both counts, in my humble opinion. That was my intent as to how Life Drain works.

      • lindharin@telluri.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2011
          Thanks, Steve!