"Legacies" podcast

  • Brandon Blackmoor
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 1, 2011
      My first gaming “podcast” from my Friday night superhero game,
      “Legacies“. I have chopped this into pieces to make it more manageable
      for listeners.

      http://www.westguard.org/index.php?title=Legacies#Issue_.235.2C_.22Road_Trip.22

      Kind regards,
      Brandon Blackmoor

      --
      bblackmoor@...
      2011-03-02
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 13, 2011
        New podcast from my "Legacies" miniseries.

        http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-03-11/

        Kind regards,
        Brandon Blackmoor

        --
        bblackmoor@...
        2011-03-13
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 14, 2011
          Folks--

          Just a quick note to let you know that I'm very happy to announce that
          THE VILLAINOMICON will be sent out to pre-order customers next week!

          If you haven't already ordered, we're only keeping the pre-order open
          until Friday this week.

          If you HAVE already ordered -- thanks for sticking with us, and you'll
          see the PDF next week, with the book arriving soon after!

          -Gareth
        • Chris McGuire

              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 25, 2011
                On Mar 24, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Chris McGuire wrote:

                > Is this still on track? I know it is still technically the next
                > week, but I haven't received my PDF or book yet.

                Yes, we're still on track, but hit a snag of a day or so -- I moved
                across town this week (including my home office where I run Adamant),
                and discovered internet connection difficulties in the new place that
                required re-wiring (all I had was my 3G phone, so I posted a couple of
                updates on Adamant's Twitter account (@AdamantEnt -- which appears on
                Adamant's website front page) and my person account as well (@GMSkarka).

                As of about an hour ago, I have everything up and running -- taking
                care of a few last details and the book will go to the printer (and in
                PDF to pre-order customers) on Monday (at the latest -- I'll probably
                send some time this weekend, even though the printer won't see it
                until Monday). It will ship from the printer to the warehouse by the
                end of the week, and then out to pre-order customers (and then to
                distributors). FINALLY!

                On a personal note? Moving after 8 years in one location: Not as
                fun as you might think. :)

                -Gareth
                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 25, 2011
                  I just (last October) moved after a similar period of time.

                  I think it will take about a year for us to unpack and put things away, and a
                  year after that to find better places to put things away.

                  John McMullen (Young old coot)
                  jhmcmullen@...

                  On Mar 24, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Chris McGuire wrote:

                  > Is this still on track? I know it is still technically the next
                  > week, but I haven't received my PDF or book yet.

                  Yes, we're still on track, but hit a snag of a day or so -- I moved
                  across town this week (including my home office where I run Adamant),
                  and discovered internet connection difficulties in the new place that
                  required re-wiring (all I had was my 3G phone, so I posted a couple of
                  updates on Adamant's Twitter account (@AdamantEnt -- which appears on
                  Adamant's website front page) and my person account as well (@GMSkarka).

                  As of about an hour ago, I have everything up and running -- taking
                  care of a few last details and the book will go to the printer (and in
                  PDF to pre-order customers) on Monday (at the latest -- I'll probably
                  send some time this weekend, even though the printer won't see it
                  until Monday). It will ship from the printer to the warehouse by the
                  end of the week, and then out to pre-order customers (and then to
                  distributors). FINALLY!

                  On a personal note? Moving after 8 years in one location: Not as
                  fun as you might think. :)

                  -Gareth

                • Steve Zieser

                    On Mar 24, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Chris McGuire wrote:

                    > Is this still on track? I know it is still technically the next
                    > week, but I haven't received my PDF or book yet.

                    Yes, we're still on track, but hit a snag of a day or so -- I moved
                    across town this week (including my home office where I run Adamant),
                    and discovered internet connection difficulties in the new place that
                    required re-wiring (all I had was my 3G phone, so I posted a couple of
                    updates on Adamant's Twitter account (@AdamantEnt -- which appears on
                    Adamant's website front page) and my person account as well (@GMSkarka).

                    As of about an hour ago, I have everything up and running -- taking
                    care of a few last details and the book will go to the printer (and in
                    PDF to pre-order customers) on Monday (at the latest -- I'll probably
                    send some time this weekend, even though the printer won't see it
                    until Monday). It will ship from the printer to the warehouse by the
                    end of the week, and then out to pre-order customers (and then to
                    distributors). FINALLY!

                    On a personal note? Moving after 8 years in one location: Not as
                    fun as you might think. :)

                    -Gareth

                    -----
                    Old-School Gaming Art
                    http://curmudgeonsdragons.blogspot.com

                    Iron Rationales: Old & New School Blogging
                    http://ironrationales.blogspot.com

                    Funny Tees for Geeks
                    http://LabelMeHappy.com

                  • Gareth-Michael Skarka

                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 29, 2011
                          *Whistles casually*

                          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                          From: gms@...
                          Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:48:48 -0500

                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 29, 2011
                            So I can assume no one else has received his or her PDF?

                            Sent from my iPad

                            On Mar 29, 2011, at 7:21 AM, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:

                            *Whistles casually*

                            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                            From: gms@...
                            Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:48:48 -0500

                              From: gms@...
                              Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:48:48 -0500

                              Message 14 of 29 , Mar 29, 2011
                                I got a phone call directing me to log on and answer this email--

                                No, nobody has been sent the PDF yet. Unfortunately, both myself
                                and my daughter are quite ill (bronchitis or some other respiratory
                                crud -- just got back from the doctor, with perscriptions of
                                antibiotics and such), which impacted my work availability, as you
                                might imagine.

                                The PDF will be sent out this week, no matter what.

                                -G
                                Message 15 of 29 , Mar 29, 2011
                                  On 3/29/2011 3:15 PM, Gareth-Michael Skarka wrote:
                                  > I got a phone call directing me to log on and answer this email--
                                  >
                                  > No, nobody has been sent the PDF yet. Unfortunately, both myself
                                  > and my daughter are quite ill (bronchitis or some other respiratory
                                  > crud -- just got back from the doctor, with perscriptions of
                                  > antibiotics and such), which impacted my work availability, as you
                                  > might imagine.
                                  >
                                  > The PDF will be sent out this week, no matter what.
                                  >
                                  > -G

                                  Get well, vibes. I hope you can fight it off with the medications

                                  Sadly, I was too poor to pre-order, but I understand illness. My wife
                                  had to hit the ER for bronchitis/"walking pneumonia" yesterday. Not fun
                                  at all.
                                • Brandon Blackmoor
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Apr 13, 2011
                                    Legacies game podcast from 2011-03-25.

                                    http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-03-25/

                                    Kind regards,
                                    Brandon Blackmoor

                                    --
                                    bblackmoor@...
                                    2011-04-14
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Apr 14, 2011
                                      Adamant Entertainment is pleased to announce the release of HERO PACK 2!

                                      In this 65-page PDF, you'll find 30 characters -- heroes and villains alike -- fully statted for ICONS and illustrated in the signature ICONS style by Dan Houser! In addition, each character comes with a full background write-up, and is also featured as a ready-to-use standee for use in your game!

                                      Gareth-Michael Skarka

                                      Adamant Entertainment

                                      gms@...

                                      PS:  Today we also sent THE VILLAINOMICON in PDF to the pre-order customers, as well as to the printer -- and it will be commercially released in PDF before the end of April (the book will be arriving in stores in May).   So keep an eye out for that as well!

                                    • simpson_99
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Apr 15, 2011
                                        Sounds like a fun gaming group. I like your GM style.

                                        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@...> wrote:

                                        > Legacies game podcast from 2011-03-25.
                                        >
                                        > http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-03-25/
                                        >

                                        > Kind regards,
                                        > Brandon Blackmoor
                                        >
                                        > --
                                        > bblackmoor@...
                                        > 2011-04-14

                                      • Brandon Blackmoor
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Apr 15, 2011
                                          On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:02 +0000, "simpson_99" <simpson_99@...>
                                          wrote:

                                          > Sounds like a fun gaming group. I like your GM style.

                                          Listening to the podcast is making me aware of some of my shortcomings.
                                          I need to get better at maintaining the pace and cutting short
                                          twenty-minute hemming and hawing, which some of my players are prone to.

                                          Kind regards,
                                          Brandon Blackmoor

                                          --
                                          bblackmoor@...
                                          2011-04-15
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Apr 15, 2011
                                            Having experienced that very thing last night, sounds like this could be a good listen for me. Oh, and I do occasionally enjoy actual-plays.

                                             Robert
                                            Howling in the Dark http://spookable.blogspot.com/

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Apr 17, 2011
                                              Legacies podcast from Issue 10, "Road trip".

                                              http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-04-15/

                                              Kind regards,
                                              Brandon Blackmoor

                                              --
                                              bblackmoor@...
                                              2011-04-17
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Apr 26, 2011
                                                New game podcast.

                                                http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-04-22/

                                                Kind regards,
                                                Brandon Blackmoor

                                                --
                                                bblackmoor@...
                                                2011-04-26
                                                Message 23 of 29 , May 2, 2011
                                                  This was the epilogue: wrapping up some loose ends, and setting the
                                                  stage for the team’s future adventures. Nothing super exciting happened;
                                                  just a laid-back conclusion to the game.

                                                  http://www.blackgate.net/blog/legacies-game-podcast-2011-04-29/

                                                  Kind regards,
                                                  Brandon Blackmoor

                                                  --
                                                  bblackmoor@...
                                                  2011-05-02
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , May 2, 2011
                                                    On Mon, 02 May 2011 11:00 -0400, "Brandon Blackmoor"
                                                    <bblackmoor@...> wrote:

                                                    > This was the epilogue: wrapping up some loose ends, and
                                                    > setting the stage for the team’s future adventures.

                                                    A summary of the game.
                                                    http://www.westguard.org/index.php?title=Legacies#Issue_.2312.2C_.22Epilogue.22

                                                    Kind regards,
                                                    Brandon Blackmoor

                                                    --
                                                    bblackmoor@...
                                                    2011-05-02

                                                      Message 26 of 29 , May 5, 2011
                                                        On Thu, 05 May 2011 16:05 -0700, "eric troup" <yakkoman@...>
                                                        wrote:

                                                        > Is there a way to subscribe to that feed?

                                                        I could add a RSS feed to my blog. No one has asked for that before, but
                                                        it should be fairly simple.

                                                        > I couldn't find one on iTunes, or on the website.

                                                        I do not do iTunes. As for the web site, you can find them by searching
                                                        for "podcast".

                                                        Kind regards,
                                                        Brandon Blackmoor

                                                        --
                                                        bblackmoor@...
                                                        2011-05-05
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , May 5, 2011
                                                          An RSS subscription for the podcast would be swell. I can tell you you'd have at least one subscriber.

                                                          wrote:

                                                          > Is there a way to subscribe to that feed?

                                                          I could add a RSS feed to my blog. No one has asked for that before, but
                                                          it should be fairly simple.

                                                          > I couldn't find one on iTunes, or on the website.

                                                          I do not do iTunes. As for the web site, you can find them by searching
                                                          for "podcast".

                                                          Kind regards,
                                                          Brandon Blackmoor

                                                          --
                                                          bblackmoor@...
                                                          2011-05-05

                                                        • Chris Tavares
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , May 5, 2011

                                                            The lack of a feed is the main reason I haven’t listened – downloading manually and adding it to my MP3 player is more effort than I want to put in.

                                                            Which of course sounds like a giant complaint about something somebody put free on the web, which is totally not what I’m trying to do here. J Brandon, your blog software may already let you create an RSS feed automatically. iTunes and other software (I use the Zune stuff) can pull from that feed automatically as you post, so it just shows up on portable devices. I never sit in front of my computer to listen to podcasts, so it’s gotta be put on the Zune to listen to it. Mondo convenient for listeners.

                                                            Just make sure the podcasts are in a common tag or category (I’m not sure of the difference, but I’m sure there is one) and most blog systems will let you build a feed just for that thing. The client software takes it from there.

                                                            -Chris

                                                            Message 29 of 29 , May 5, 2011
                                                              On Thu, 05 May 2011 16:15 -0700, "eric troup" <yakkoman@...>
                                                              wrote:

                                                              > An RSS subscription for the podcast would be swell.
                                                              > I can tell you you'd have at least one subscriber.

                                                              Here you go:

                                                              http://www.blackgate.net/blog/category/entertainment/podcast/feed/

                                                              I added a link to this and the Gaming category feed on the blog web
                                                              site, too.

                                                              Kind regards,
                                                              Brandon Blackmoor

                                                              --