Low Level Campaigns

  • springwire039
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 10:02 AM
      I was wondering if anyone has used ICONS to run low level campaigns basically like the TV series "The Cape" something like Batman or Captain America.

      Hero's who are low powered or non powered humans. I know GURPS has point total system where you decide on what level campaign you want to run. Street level is 250pts up to 1000 pts to handle world level problems.

      Does anyone have any house rules for running a low level campaign? Do you use less powers more specialties or just make the powers weaker.?
      Has anyone run such a campaign? Are there any problems to look out for when running such a campaign.

      Any help would be appreciated
    • Chris Tavares
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 10:13 AM

        The easiest thing to do (and something suggested in the rulebook) would be to redefine the scale. So instead of strength 10 being “lift a mountain” in your game it’s “lift a bus”.

        I’d also edit the powers list to remove inappropriate powers, or at least be sure that the trappings of the power in your game fit the feel you want. So most powers would be via gadgets for example (The Cape would have a stretching device for example).

        -Chris