Re: Icons Occasionals Today

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
      I'm sorry I missed it - I've wanted to participate in one of these sessions for awhile now. My sister and my niece are visiting this week because of the school break so we've been kind of busy.

      > Not very well, actually. I was going try out the Mastermind Affair (which on paper at least seems like a really fun adventure) we didn't get enough players and so it got cancelled.
      >
      > But that's okay. It's the price of keeping things casual.
    • Hollis McCray
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
        On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:13 AM, jaerdaph <jjbardales@...> wrote:

        > I'm sorry I missed it - I've wanted to participate in one of these sessions for awhile now. My sister and my niece are visiting this week because of the school break so we've been kind of busy.

        I know. The one session I got in on was really fun, despite my having
        to type everything in. But I've got two jobs now, so it's hard to find
        the time.

        --
        Hollis McCray
        aka The Fifth Wanderer

        ascensionschild@...

        "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
        LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
          The idea, which my be flawed, is that the sessions aren't scheduled. Which means that, more often than not, it does work out. But on the other hand it means it's not a burden and there is no overhead.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: jimroof@...
          Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:22:15 +0000
          Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: Icons Occasionals Today

          I'd like to join in sometime - any other games scheduled?

          > Not very well, actually. I was going try out the Mastermind Affair (which on paper at least seems like a really fun adventure) we didn't get enough players and so it got cancelled.
          >
          > But that's okay. It's the price of keeping things casual.
          >

          > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          > From: bblackmoor@...
          > Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:35:12 -0500
          > Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Icons Occasionals Today
          >

          > On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:41 +0000, "Soylent Green" <gsoylent@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm thinking about running an online ICONS game today
          > > at 19:00 GMT (2 PM EST).
          >
          > How did it go?
          >
          > Kind regards,
          > Brandon Blackmoor
          >
          > --
          > bblackmoor@...
          > 2011-02-21

        • James
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
            I wish I had gotten in. I was all ready to go, but at zero hour realized I had a project that's due tomorrow, and that was my only chance to do it. Hopefully, I'll give it a whirl next time.

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
              Yes I remember. And your character's name "The Scarlet Sabre" by some mind-boggling coincidence happened to be the name of my principle City of Heroes character.

              Don't be surprised The Scarlet Sabre appears in the next ICONS Hero Pack, though I'm afraid it will be my version.

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              From: ascensionschild@...
              Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:21:08 -0700
              Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Icons Occasionals Today

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                Heh - Perhaps the Scarlet Sabre can team up with a character concept I've started working on: The Aubergine Épée!

                > Yes I remember. And your character's name "The Scarlet Sabre" by some mind-boggling coincidence happened to be the name of my principle City of Heroes character.
                >
                > Don't be surprised The Scarlet Sabre appears in the next ICONS Hero Pack, though I'm afraid it will be my version.
              • Brandon Blackmoor
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                  I would actually like to play some time. I made up a few characters in
                  Icons that I would like to play, but since I am effectively the only GM
                  for superhero games around here, and PBEM gaming is as dead as the VHS
                  tape, it seems unlikely I'll get to play them as anything but NPCs.

                  Kind regards,
                  Brandon Blackmoor

                  --
                  bblackmoor@...
                  2011-02-21
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                    Hey, don't sell our betamax format short! I'd be up for playing in an ICONS PBEM!

                    It's meeting online for a live game that kills me. I just can't call out to my family that I'm suddenly busy for the next 2-3 hours. With enough warning, or if the game is late enough at night, I might be able to play online.

                    Robert
                    Howling in the Dark http://spookable.blogspot.com/

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                      I'd love to play Tether, again, but I don't sleep well and that time
                      period I was sleeping. (I have meds, but I'm very careful with them,
                      because of their addictive nature, and didn't take any Saturday night.)

                      I'm pretty much nocturnal because of this, at least for U.S CST.