Re: Icons Occasionals Today

  • bigassgeek
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 21 8:22 AM
      I'd like to join in sometime - any other games scheduled?

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 21 9:13 AM
        I'm sorry I missed it - I've wanted to participate in one of these sessions for awhile now. My sister and my niece are visiting this week because of the school break so we've been kind of busy.

        > Not very well, actually. I was going try out the Mastermind Affair (which on paper at least seems like a really fun adventure) we didn't get enough players and so it got cancelled.
        >
        > But that's okay. It's the price of keeping things casual.
      • Hollis McCray
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21 9:21 AM
          On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:13 AM, jaerdaph <jjbardales@...> wrote:

          > I'm sorry I missed it - I've wanted to participate in one of these sessions for awhile now. My sister and my niece are visiting this week because of the school break so we've been kind of busy.

          I know. The one session I got in on was really fun, despite my having
          to type everything in. But I've got two jobs now, so it's hard to find
          the time.

          --
          Hollis McCray
          aka The Fifth Wanderer

          ascensionschild@...

          "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
          LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21 9:25 AM
            The idea, which my be flawed, is that the sessions aren't scheduled. Which means that, more often than not, it does work out. But on the other hand it means it's not a burden and there is no overhead.

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
            From: jimroof@...
            Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:22:15 +0000
            Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: Icons Occasionals Today

            I'd like to join in sometime - any other games scheduled?

            > Not very well, actually. I was going try out the Mastermind Affair (which on paper at least seems like a really fun adventure) we didn't get enough players and so it got cancelled.
            >
            > But that's okay. It's the price of keeping things casual.
            >

            > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
            > From: bblackmoor@...
            > Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:35:12 -0500
            > Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Icons Occasionals Today
            >

            > On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:41 +0000, "Soylent Green" <gsoylent@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm thinking about running an online ICONS game today
            > > at 19:00 GMT (2 PM EST).
            >
            > How did it go?
            >
            > Kind regards,
            > Brandon Blackmoor
            >
            > --
            > bblackmoor@...
            > 2011-02-21

          • James
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 21 9:32 AM
              I wish I had gotten in. I was all ready to go, but at zero hour realized I had a project that's due tomorrow, and that was my only chance to do it. Hopefully, I'll give it a whirl next time.

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 21 9:33 AM
                Yes I remember. And your character's name "The Scarlet Sabre" by some mind-boggling coincidence happened to be the name of my principle City of Heroes character.

                Don't be surprised The Scarlet Sabre appears in the next ICONS Hero Pack, though I'm afraid it will be my version.

                To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                From: ascensionschild@...
                Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:21:08 -0700
                Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Icons Occasionals Today

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 21 9:50 AM
                  Heh - Perhaps the Scarlet Sabre can team up with a character concept I've started working on: The Aubergine Épée!

                  > Yes I remember. And your character's name "The Scarlet Sabre" by some mind-boggling coincidence happened to be the name of my principle City of Heroes character.
                  >
                  > Don't be surprised The Scarlet Sabre appears in the next ICONS Hero Pack, though I'm afraid it will be my version.
                • Brandon Blackmoor
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 21 10:08 AM
                    I would actually like to play some time. I made up a few characters in
                    Icons that I would like to play, but since I am effectively the only GM
                    for superhero games around here, and PBEM gaming is as dead as the VHS
                    tape, it seems unlikely I'll get to play them as anything but NPCs.

                    Kind regards,
                    Brandon Blackmoor

                    --
                    bblackmoor@...
                    2011-02-21
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 21 10:22 AM
                      Hey, don't sell our betamax format short! I'd be up for playing in an ICONS PBEM!

                      It's meeting online for a live game that kills me. I just can't call out to my family that I'm suddenly busy for the next 2-3 hours. With enough warning, or if the game is late enough at night, I might be able to play online.

                      Robert
                      Howling in the Dark http://spookable.blogspot.com/

                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 21 1:20 PM
                        I'd love to play Tether, again, but I don't sleep well and that time
                        period I was sleeping. (I have meds, but I'm very careful with them,
                        because of their addictive nature, and didn't take any Saturday night.)

                        I'm pretty much nocturnal because of this, at least for U.S CST.