Icons Occasionals Today

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 20, 2011
      Hi guys,

      I'm thinking about running an online ICONS game today at 19:00 GMT (2 PM EST).  It'll be one-shot game, not part of an ongoing campaign, though any returning characters from my previous games will get a extra DP.

      The game is open to anyone on this mail group. You don't need to download any software to take part or fiddle with firewalls or routers. A mic would be handy.

      I'll send a email to this group closer to the time with the link to the virtual game room and we'll just work on a first come first served basis.

      If you are interested, roll up a character and email it to me (gsoylent@...).
    • Brandon Blackmoor
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
        On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:41 +0000, "Soylent Green" <gsoylent@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm thinking about running an online ICONS game today
        > at 19:00 GMT (2 PM EST).

        How did it go?

        Kind regards,
        Brandon Blackmoor

        --
        bblackmoor@...
        2011-02-21
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
          Not very well, actually. I was going try out the Mastermind Affair (which on paper at least seems like a really fun adventure) we didn't get enough players and so it got cancelled.

          But that's okay. It's the price of keeping things casual.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: bblackmoor@...
          Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:35:12 -0500
          Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Icons Occasionals Today

          wrote:

          > I'm thinking about running an online ICONS game today
          > at 19:00 GMT (2 PM EST).

          How did it go?

          Kind regards,
          Brandon Blackmoor

          --
          bblackmoor@...
          2011-02-21

        • bigassgeek
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
            I'd like to join in sometime - any other games scheduled?

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
              I'm sorry I missed it - I've wanted to participate in one of these sessions for awhile now. My sister and my niece are visiting this week because of the school break so we've been kind of busy.

              > Not very well, actually. I was going try out the Mastermind Affair (which on paper at least seems like a really fun adventure) we didn't get enough players and so it got cancelled.
              >
              > But that's okay. It's the price of keeping things casual.
            • Hollis McCray
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:13 AM, jaerdaph <jjbardales@...> wrote:

                > I'm sorry I missed it - I've wanted to participate in one of these sessions for awhile now. My sister and my niece are visiting this week because of the school break so we've been kind of busy.

                I know. The one session I got in on was really fun, despite my having
                to type everything in. But I've got two jobs now, so it's hard to find
                the time.

                --
                Hollis McCray
                aka The Fifth Wanderer

                ascensionschild@...

                "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
                LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                  The idea, which my be flawed, is that the sessions aren't scheduled. Which means that, more often than not, it does work out. But on the other hand it means it's not a burden and there is no overhead.

                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jimroof@...
                  Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:22:15 +0000
                  Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: Icons Occasionals Today

                  I'd like to join in sometime - any other games scheduled?

                  > Not very well, actually. I was going try out the Mastermind Affair (which on paper at least seems like a really fun adventure) we didn't get enough players and so it got cancelled.
                  >
                  > But that's okay. It's the price of keeping things casual.
                  >

                  > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: bblackmoor@...
                  > Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:35:12 -0500
                  > Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Icons Occasionals Today
                  >

                  > On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:41 +0000, "Soylent Green" <gsoylent@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm thinking about running an online ICONS game today
                  > > at 19:00 GMT (2 PM EST).
                  >
                  > How did it go?
                  >
                  > Kind regards,
                  > Brandon Blackmoor
                  >
                  > --
                  > bblackmoor@...
                  > 2011-02-21

                • James
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                    I wish I had gotten in. I was all ready to go, but at zero hour realized I had a project that's due tomorrow, and that was my only chance to do it. Hopefully, I'll give it a whirl next time.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                      Yes I remember. And your character's name "The Scarlet Sabre" by some mind-boggling coincidence happened to be the name of my principle City of Heroes character.

                      Don't be surprised The Scarlet Sabre appears in the next ICONS Hero Pack, though I'm afraid it will be my version.

                      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                      From: ascensionschild@...
                      Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:21:08 -0700
                      Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Icons Occasionals Today

                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                        Heh - Perhaps the Scarlet Sabre can team up with a character concept I've started working on: The Aubergine Épée!

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                          I would actually like to play some time. I made up a few characters in
                          Icons that I would like to play, but since I am effectively the only GM
                          for superhero games around here, and PBEM gaming is as dead as the VHS
                          tape, it seems unlikely I'll get to play them as anything but NPCs.

                          Kind regards,
                          Brandon Blackmoor

                          --
                          bblackmoor@...
                          2011-02-21
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                            Hey, don't sell our betamax format short! I'd be up for playing in an ICONS PBEM!

                            It's meeting online for a live game that kills me. I just can't call out to my family that I'm suddenly busy for the next 2-3 hours. With enough warning, or if the game is late enough at night, I might be able to play online.

                            Robert
                            Howling in the Dark http://spookable.blogspot.com/

                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 21, 2011
                              I'd love to play Tether, again, but I don't sleep well and that time
                              period I was sleeping. (I have meds, but I'm very careful with them,
                              because of their addictive nature, and didn't take any Saturday night.)

                              I'm pretty much nocturnal because of this, at least for U.S CST.