Wednesday is comic book day at Vigilance Press

  • Charles Rice
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
      Wednesday is a day supers fans know well.

      It's the day we make our weekly sojourn to the comic shop and see the latest triumphs and tragedies of our favorite heroes and heroines.

      Lately, you can't even buy a comic for less than 3.99 but at Vigilance Press, we think that's just wrong.

      So, between now and midnight Wednesday, Field Guide to Superheroes Vol. 1, Field Guide to Superheroes Vol. 2, Public Enemies and the USHER Dossiers for ICONS have all been marked down to 1.99!

      Check it out!
    • Mike Olson
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
        This is good news, but:

        Lately, you can't even buy a comic for less than 3.99

        Most DC and Marvel ongoing series books are $2.99. They both dropped their prices last fall.

         --Mike
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
          If by fall, you mean "January" :D

          http://tinyurl.com/4dfb3l5

          But - but on subject - 1.99! for Field Guide to Superheroes Vol1 and Vol2 and USHER Dossiers!

          Chuck's gone crazy! Pick these up now before they get his Lithium dosage adjusted!

          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@...> wrote:

          > This is good news, but:
          >

          > > Lately, you can't even buy a comic for less than 3.99
          > >

          > Most DC and Marvel ongoing series books are $2.99. They both dropped their
          > prices last fall.
          >
          > --Mike

        • Mike Olson
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
            Sorry -- you're right. I remember they announced it last fall, but it didn't go into effect until last month.

            --Mike

            On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 1:40 PM, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:
            If by fall, you mean "January" :D

            http://tinyurl.com/4dfb3l5

            But - but on subject - 1.99! for Field Guide to Superheroes Vol1 and Vol2 and USHER Dossiers!

            Chuck's gone crazy! Pick these up now before they get his Lithium dosage adjusted!

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@...> wrote:

            > This is good news, but:
            >

            > > Lately, you can't even buy a comic for less than 3.99
            > >

            > Most DC and Marvel ongoing series books are $2.99. They both dropped their
            > prices last fall.
            >
            >  --Mike

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               icons-rpg-digest@yahoogroups.com
               icons-rpg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • daDiceGuy
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
              Well dang it just after I bought Vol 2 last week.

              --

              Welcome to the Klingon Health Planet. Where it is always a good day to diet.

            • robert fv
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 9, 2011
                Sorry to hear that. I haven't bought ANY of these products because the price points were too high for me as a casual buyer. I'm not playing ICONS right now, so I can't justify $8 x 4 for the Field Guides and another $8 for USHER Dossiers. But I can justify $6 for the three current pieces, and what the heck, grab Public Enemies too.

                Two weeks ago when I noticed that Adamant dropped their prices, I picked up the rule book (I own the hardcopy), the Hero Pack, and two adventures. That's $8 that Adamant got from me that they wouldn't have otherwise. Yes, it cost them more content, but apparently they're playing the long game, and I'm certainly more willing to purchase spontaneously at more forgiving prices.

                My thanks go out to both Adamant and Vigilance Press. These prices will let me buy professional caliber products more readily, which means I'm more likely to actually play the game.

                Robert

                Howling in the Dark http://spookable.blogspot.com/