Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Character Development

  • Hollis McCray
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 22, 2010
      I love Gmail sometimes. :D

      I was looking over the other messages on this subject and I caught this one form Steve Kenson

      On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Steve Kenson <stevekenson@...> wrote:

      On Jun 20, 2010, at 6:52 AM, "Jakub" wrote:
      ... after a recent game my aspects and good roleplaying have left me with 5 Determination. How many points can I spend then?

      You spend STARTING Determination on character development, permanently reducing the value that renews at the beginning of a new issue. You can theoretically spend down to 1 point of starting Determination, but that may leave your hero somewhat worse off for a while, particularly if you've spend Determination in areas that don't result in new powers or significantly better abilities (e.g. raising an ability from 3 to 4, for example).

      A variant would be to allow players to spend Determination in excess of their starting Determination at the end of each issue, but this will greatly speed up the process of development, since heroes more often have excess Determination points than they gain increases in starting Determination (which are entirely at the GM's discretion).

      Note the section in bold. Apparently increases in starting Determination happen when the GM says so.
      --
      Hollis McCray aka The Fifth Wanderer
      ascensionschild@...