Re: [icons-rpg] Villainomicon Update and Stuff

  • Chris McGuire
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 10, 2011
      I love the ICONS line and I am always a fan of official settings (for pretty much any game genre really).  So, yeah, I'd love this.  Especially if we got stats and background on a lot of the Heroes & Villains that we've seen mentioned or pictured in ICONS.  And, of course, *more* new NPCs are always welcome.

      I also love when official settings release alternate settings, so to speak.  Like, once you've established the base setting, then do a Golden Age sourcebook, a Far Future one, an alternate dimension one (my personal favorite is the one where the heroes are villains), etc.

      Even if I never use the setting (and I always do), I still enjoy reading through superhero settings for the game lines I'm interested in.

      On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:

      Folks--

      A quick update-- working through final details with our print partners
      at Cubicle7, but the pre-order PDF of THE VILLAINOMICON should be sent
      to customers a week from today (and head to print at the same time).

      Thanks for your understanding and your patience.

      On another topic-- we've had a few people ask us if we had any plans
      for an official ICONS setting release -- to which I say: I've been
      thinking about it, but I wasn't sure if there was any demand for such
      a thing. Not sure if one is needed (beyond the setting implied by
      our use of Iconic heroes in our illustrations). Your thoughts?

      -Gareth

    • Michael Taylor
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 11, 2011
        > As you might expect from Adamant -- we're not approaching this idea in
        > the usual fashion.
        >
        > What we're considering is something like what Open Design is doing
        > with Midgard: http://www.robotviking.com/2011/01/09/build-a-new-world-with-open-designs-midgard-project/

        Ooo! Cool! Hodge-Podge City!  ;)

        Well, actually when I first read ICONS it reminded me of 'Fair City'. A really interesting article about "Animated Champions" in EZ Hero #9.

        I don't know if you've seen it.

        http://ebooks.ebookmall.com/ebook/28839-ebook.htm

        Something like that - fully fleshed out - would be both interesting and different.

        But unless it's something that unique, I just can't imagine that superhero players don't already have their own or some commercial product already done.

        We'll see I guess.