Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Field Guide to Superheroes Vol. 2 released for ICONS

  • Chris McGuire
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 10, 2011
      I'd much prefer to have an actual printed book myself.  And I remember there was talk about doing this for the Field Guide.  I can't recall if it was confirmed for certain or not, though.

      On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Steve Zieser <szieser@...> wrote:

      So, the field guide is hitting print once all three volumes are out, is that right?  I have been holding out for that, but after peeking at the preview pages for Vol 2 I may have to rethink this strategem.

      On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Chris McGuire <christmcguire@...> wrote:

      I apologize.  That was my fault for derailing it....just saw the comment about the Villainomicon and decided to respond.

      On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:53 PM, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

      I think we can all agree that we're eagerly looking forward to Villainomicon.

      Perhaps we can start a thread just about that and maybe leave this one for questions about the Field Guide? Pretty please with sugar on top? :)

      --
      -----
      Old-School Gaming Art

      Iron Rationales: Old & New School Blogging
      http://ironrationales.blogspot.com

      Funny Tees for Geeks
      http://LabelMeHappy.com

    • Michael Taylor
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 11, 2011
        > As you might expect from Adamant -- we're not approaching this idea in
        > the usual fashion.
        >
        > What we're considering is something like what Open Design is doing
        > with Midgard: http://www.robotviking.com/2011/01/09/build-a-new-world-with-open-designs-midgard-project/

        Ooo! Cool! Hodge-Podge City!  ;)

        Well, actually when I first read ICONS it reminded me of 'Fair City'. A really interesting article about "Animated Champions" in EZ Hero #9.

        I don't know if you've seen it.

        http://ebooks.ebookmall.com/ebook/28839-ebook.htm

        Something like that - fully fleshed out - would be both interesting and different.

        But unless it's something that unique, I just can't imagine that superhero players don't already have their own or some commercial product already done.

        We'll see I guess.