Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Field Guide to Superheroes Vol. 2 released for ICONS

  • Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 10, 2011
      I did not realize Gareth had encountered any sort of tragedy. My condolences. I actually intended my statement about the lateness of Villainomicon as facetious, but of course, that's the main challenge of online forums--no instantaneous emotive cues. I especially admire what Gareth is doing with his new "app-pricing" move. I hope it catches on.

      On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Steve Zieser <szieser@...> wrote:

      The thing with Gareth and Adamant is: he/they are awesome.  Everything I've ever bought from him has been fantastic and always worth the wait.  When it's out, it's out and I'll be happy to have it.  But life will not crash down because I had to wait.

    • Michael Taylor
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 11, 2011
        > As you might expect from Adamant -- we're not approaching this idea in
        > the usual fashion.
        >
        > What we're considering is something like what Open Design is doing
        > with Midgard: http://www.robotviking.com/2011/01/09/build-a-new-world-with-open-designs-midgard-project/

        Ooo! Cool! Hodge-Podge City!  ;)

        Well, actually when I first read ICONS it reminded me of 'Fair City'. A really interesting article about "Animated Champions" in EZ Hero #9.

        I don't know if you've seen it.

        http://ebooks.ebookmall.com/ebook/28839-ebook.htm

        Something like that - fully fleshed out - would be both interesting and different.

        But unless it's something that unique, I just can't imagine that superhero players don't already have their own or some commercial product already done.

        We'll see I guess.