Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Field Guide to Superheroes Vol. 2 released for ICONS

  • Hollis McCray
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 10, 2011
      On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Chris McGuire <christmcguire@...> wrote:

      > Yeah, I hear this.  I know Gareth has had some personal issues to deal with....but I preordered and paid for Villainomicon back in October.....

      Guys, Adamant is *tiny* operation. He farms out art and such to other
      people, but essentially it's just Gareth. He is the axis upon which it
      all rotates. If the man has some personal issues, give him some space.
      I was a basket case for a long time after my mom died. I'm sure he
      will get out Villainomicon as soon as he can.
      --
      Hollis McCray
      aka The Fifth Wanderer

      ascensionschild@...

      "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
      LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
    • Michael Taylor
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 11, 2011
        > As you might expect from Adamant -- we're not approaching this idea in
        > the usual fashion.
        >
        > What we're considering is something like what Open Design is doing
        > with Midgard: http://www.robotviking.com/2011/01/09/build-a-new-world-with-open-designs-midgard-project/

        Ooo! Cool! Hodge-Podge City!  ;)

        Well, actually when I first read ICONS it reminded me of 'Fair City'. A really interesting article about "Animated Champions" in EZ Hero #9.

        I don't know if you've seen it.

        http://ebooks.ebookmall.com/ebook/28839-ebook.htm

        Something like that - fully fleshed out - would be both interesting and different.

        But unless it's something that unique, I just can't imagine that superhero players don't already have their own or some commercial product already done.

        We'll see I guess.