RE: [icons-rpg] Rushing question, and quality as well

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
      Rushing is technically a Strength based attack but as it is limited by Prowess, the benefits of Rushing over Bashing are questionable.

      My interpretation is that Rushing isn't subject to the -1 Supplimental Action penalty (pg 54) movement normally carries. Normally if you close in to a foe and hit him in the same panel you'd have to take a -1 to Prowess. Provided your Strenght was better or equal to your Prowess,  Rushing   would be a marginally better option.

      Unfortunately I often forget Supplimental Action rule during play so it's all rather academic.

      As for your second question, Qualities can be double edged swords and as such can be used against you as in your example.

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: rlyon@...
      Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 04:21:24 +0000
      Subject: [icons-rpg] Rushing question, and quality as well

      So, Rushing - page 63, I think. I don't see where it would be advantageous to ever use. Am I missing something? Mind, I've used it in a sample combat or two, for flavor.

      Can a single thing be both a quality, and a challenge? I'm thinking of "Gorilla". The very first character I've rolled up is Brul, Gorilla god of strength. And I can see Gorilla being both useful (intimidation) and ..... not (Eiiiiii - there is a gorilla loose!)