Re: [icons-rpg] Weird Campaign Idea Confessions

  • Kurt McCoy
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 10, 2010
      I'm hoping to get stats for a number of characters in the nearish future. Probably will do a folder for the campaign. Right now I've got:

      For the Reds:

      Red Verdun: the casualty-constructed Frankenstein
      New Soviet Man: a "perfect" product of the Revolution --all 6's in physical stats, 3's in the others
      Volga-Guard: A female river troll--protecting the river gunboat fleets
      Red Sabre: Leader of the Red Cavalry units
      The Steel Commissar: armored--bulltet proof soldier with Emotion Control for rallying the troops

      I dropped the idea of "The Marx Man" as a super-sniper. Just too corny a pun to try to get away with.

      For the Whites:

      White Cossack: an albino white cossack warrior with Duplication 10 and a mystic glass sword. (got his powers while investigating/looting an ancient palace in the Caucases. Found himself in a mirror maze trap--when he shattered the mirrors in frustration and anger, the images came out as solid duplicates and merged into him. He carries a sword made from the shards as a means of controlling his many "other selves". Same experience drained the color from his body.

      Tsarina: A young woman with a palace guard uniform, a bulletproof jewelled corset, a veil or full face mask of gems with dead white, cold flesh. Some believe she is one of the Tsar's daughters who survived the massacre at Ekaterinburg. Others think she is a member of the all female palace guard that protected the Tsarina & daughters--(there was such a unit--and they were among the best trained and best armed elite warriors in the Empire!)--driven mad by her failure to protect the royal family. Regardless, she's bulletproof and blindingly bright during the day.

      Vodyanoy: A tyrannical river/sea troll--the opposite number of Volga.

      Alma: A female hairy hominid captured by locals and recruited for her superhuman strength and hardiness. (there are actual stories of such beings in the area--accounts of one or more being captured and held by villagers). Her exploits are among the secret influences for the hybridizing research that will later spawn Sovi-Ape.

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 10, 2010

        > As a tangent, in the rpg Brave New World (yeah, I know most people don't like it), the first super was actually an American soldier who gained the power to turn intangible during WWI.

        Brave New World was one of the most interesting and origional superhero RPGs ever done. Lousy system, but great background.