ICONS sale

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 26, 2010

      Just a heads up, Adamant are having a sale which includes ICONS pdf all for $1.

      http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=5584

    • Tommy Brownell
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 26, 2010
        For people who read my ramblings, I posted a Black Friday/Cyber Monday Buyers Guide that features all of the deals (including ICONS) that I think should not be missed right now: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com/2010/11/tommys-black-fridaycyber-monday-rpg.html

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 26, 2010
          Saddly I got everything I wanted on your list already. Other than the ICONS stuff I just recently got the hardcover version of Interface Zero. The other stuff could be of interest but there really is only so much gaming a get to do. So many games, so little time.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: tommyb@...
          Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:07:26 -0600
          Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] ICONS sale

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 26, 2010
            Understandable...=)

            I opted not to do a comprehensive "Here's what everyone is selling this week" kinda post and only went with stuff that I would personally recommend...I completed my ICONS run myself yesterday, with this (even the Folio, which I think is kinda unnecessary for this game, but it was $1...)

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
            From: tommyb@...
            Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:07:26 -0600

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 26, 2010
              The Folio is totally necessary. Best way to get a game started is to sit the player infront of the character generator and get him to keep rolling until he finds something fun.  Also good for NPCs.

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              From: tommyb@...
              Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:29:18 -0600

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              From: tommyb@...
              Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:07:26 -0600

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 26, 2010
                I'll also add that I am partial to the offical ICONS adventures. It large part it is the art.  The cute factor just get's me, especially printed out in A5. That said, in play "Murder of Crowes" worked really well and  "Sins of the Past", which I have yet to run, I is really impressive.

                To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                From: tommyb@...
                Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:29:18 -0600

                To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                From: tommyb@...
                Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:07:26 -0600

                For people who read my ramblings, I posted a Black Friday/Cyber Monday Buyers Guide that features all of the deals (including ICONS) that I think should not be missed right now: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com/2010/11/tommys-black-fridaycyber-monday-rpg.html

                Just a heads up, Adamant are having a sale which includes ICONS pdf all for $1.

                http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=5584

              • Jakub
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 26, 2010
                  Yes, but there are free xls that do everything Folio does, and even have some options Folio lacks. Still, I understand that Folio will be supported with further add-ons like villainomicon, so I bought it.

                  Still hesitant about adventures: do they contain new rules, new powers or something?

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 27, 2010
                    Yes, but it's still cheaper then getting Excel. I must be the only person in the world who does not own a copy of Excel.

                    No new rules or powers. Beyond the adventures all you get is some ICONS specifc advice on how to handle investigations or when to award DPs which you can take or leave.

                    But "Sins of the Past" is very good.

                    To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                    From: erpegis@...
                    Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 07:51:59 +0000
                    Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: ICONS sale

                    Yes, but there are free xls that do everything Folio does, and even have some options Folio lacks. Still, I understand that Folio will be supported with further add-ons like villainomicon, so I bought it.

                    Still hesitant about adventures: do they contain new rules, new powers or something?

                    > The Folio is totally necessary. Best way to get a game started is to sit the player infront of the character generator and get him to keep rolling until he finds something fun. Also good for NPCs.
                    >
                    > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: tommyb@...
                    > Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:29:18 -0600
                    > Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] ICONS sale

                  • Stuart
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 27, 2010
                      Hey all,

                      I'm the guy who wrote the Excel heo creator and have also been a beta tester on the folio. I just want to say that with the next update, the Folio moves MILES ahead of the free Excel sheet. Getting it for a buck is an absolute steal.

                      I've been using the Excel (tweaked to my game specific needs) up till now, but have made the switch over to the folio for good.

                      Cheers!

                      CG7

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 27, 2010
                        I was sitting on the fence about the Character Folio, but I couldn't pass it up for only a buck! I picked up the one Adamant Pathfinder title I didn't have - Warpath - too.

                        I'm glad I have the Folio now - it's really well done and a lot of fun to play with.

                        > Just a heads up, Adamant are having a sale which includes ICONS pdf all for $1.
                        >
                        > http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=5584

                      • eric troup
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 28, 2010
                          Not the only person.  There are at least two of us out there.

                          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                          From: erpegis@...
                          Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 07:51:59 +0000