Getting Things Started

  • Hollis McCray
    Message 1 of 6 , May 24, 2010
      Welcome everyone!

      --
      Hollis McCray
      Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

      Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
      Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
      Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
      Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
      Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
    • johnpaul613
      Message 2 of 6 , May 24, 2010
        Hello B-)

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

        > Welcome everyone!
        >
        > --
        > Hollis McCray
        > Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904
        >
        > Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
        > Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
        > Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
        > Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
        > Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.

      • Ron
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2010
          My name is Ron. I've already got a game in and intend on running a scenario at Dragon*Con. Other than that, I envision ICONS to be my go-to game as a backup or a change of pace from my regular campaign.

          Looking forward to collaborating with all of you.

          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

          > Welcome everyone!
          >
          > --
          > Hollis McCray
          > Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904
          >
          > Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
          > Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
          > Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
          > Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
          > Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.

        • Eric Edwards
          Message 4 of 6 , May 26, 2010

            Hey folks,

            I’m Eric, been a long time Villains & Vigilantes fan, love the game for face to face supers.  But when running it online, V&V really bogs down, so I’ve been looking for an online-friendly supers game.  I ‘m pretty sure Icons is it.

            Looking forward to seeing where this list goes.

            Eric

            Message 5 of 6 , May 26, 2010
              On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Eric Edwards <ericedwards71@...> wrote:

              > Hey folks,
              >

              > I’m Eric, been a long time Villains & Vigilantes fan, love the game for face to face supers.  But when running it online, V&V really bogs down, so I’ve been looking for an online-friendly supers game.  I ‘m pretty sure Icons is it.

              Obviously, I am Hollis, Evil Overlord(tm) of the mailing list. I've
              been a fan of supers RPGs for a long time. But my friends and I don't
              have as much time to get together as we used to. Icons looks like it
              will work better for our schedules. I look forward to bending,
              folding, mutilating, using and abusing the Icons rules with you all.
              Now where did I put my Mad Scientist's Toolkit...?
              --
              Hollis McCray
              Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

              Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
              Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
              Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
              Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
              Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
            • Mike Olson
              Message 6 of 6 , May 27, 2010
                I'm some guy named Mike Olson. I'm running Icons this weekend at Gamex in Los Angeles, along with some other stuff.

                Also, I uploaded my S&S hack of Icons to the Files section, so take a look if you're so inclined. It does a few things differently than Icons, but it's still recognizably the same system (in particular, random tables are used for almost every aspect of chargen).

                --Mike

                On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:
                On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Eric Edwards <ericedwards71@...> wrote:

                > Hey folks,
                >

                > I’m Eric, been a long time Villains & Vigilantes fan, love the game for face to face supers.  But when running it online, V&V really bogs down, so I’ve been looking for an online-friendly supers game.  I ‘m pretty sure Icons is it.

                Obviously, I am Hollis, Evil Overlord(tm) of the mailing list. I've
                been a fan of supers RPGs for a long time.  But my friends and I don't
                have as much time to get together as we used to. Icons looks like it
                will work better for our schedules. I look forward to bending,
                folding, mutilating, using and abusing the Icons rules with you all.
                Now where did I put my Mad Scientist's Toolkit...?
                --
                Hollis McCray
                Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

                Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
                Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
                Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
                Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
                Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)