765Re: [icons-rpg] What's the deal with NPC heroes?

  • Charles Rice
    Oct 2, 2010
      I know of the WWII books Vigilance Press has done, we've done an American hero team, a German villain team and a British hero team so far, and they all seem to be selling about the same, with a slight edge in sales to the American hero team.

      So from my perspective, people don't seem to be shying away from interesting hero characters at least.

      On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Eli <emu2020@...> wrote:

      Let me chime in as one of those people who like heroes in a book. I can understand the reasoning for not having them, but I do prefer to have some. I feel that they are especially useful in themed settings or settings that are trying to establish a particular universe as they show players what sorts of heroes are out there besides themselves. Also, no comic book hero exists in a vacuum (unless he’s not in an expansive comic universe). They have friends, team-ups, rivals.

      As a few examples Spider-Man teamed up with EVERYBODY. Batman has his rivalry with Green Arrow. There are of course large team rosters like Justice League and Avengers types groups where the players do not necessarily constitute the entirety of the team.

      I do agree that more villains than heroes is a good thing, but there are good reasons for including heroes.

      -Eli