4966Re: [icons-rpg] Never Run Supers

  • Bill Olander
    Mar 16, 2013
      My general approach for super hero adventure design is to create a bad guy who is doing bad things. The heroes will want to stop this. Spend some time trying to guess how the heroes will attempt to stop the bad guy. Figure out some interesting traps, minions, or other situations that will prevent the heroes from easily getting to the final battle. Be prepared to improvise when the players come up with a completely brilliant idea.

      My general approach for super hero adventure design is to create a bad guy who is doing bad things. The heroes will want to stop this. Spend some time trying to guess how the heroes will attempt to stop the bad guy. Figure out some interesting traps, minions, or other situations that will prevent the heroes from easily getting to the final battle. Be prepared to improvise when the players come up with a completely brilliant idea and go a completely different way than you were expecting like shaking down the mob boss from 3 adventures ago that you'd completely forgotten about. And goood luck to you.

      On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Michael Garcia <thecrazygm@...> wrote:

      How do you go about prepping for a supers game? I'v had *years* of experience as a GM, but never in the Super genre. I know I need to consider power level i.e. Batman vs Superman would make two totally different arcs.

      On the same note what is the best module to introduce and teach a beginner in the Super Genre?

      Thanks,
      Michael Garcia, a.k.a. The Crazy GM

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic