4903RE: [icons-rpg] Convention Pre-Gens: Who Would You Use?

    Jan 5, 2013
      Kind of depends how complete you want them. Hero Pack one character for the most part don't have Aspects but that might be a good thing. For my pregrens I usually generate the powers, abilities and talents but leave name,  Aspects and concept to the players.

      Going that route another slightly dirty short cut is to grab the raw stats from the less unique Marvel/DC heroes already converted to ICONS. If you just take the stats for Beast, Giant Man, Electro, Mr Hyde file off the name, Aspects or any telling talents you have ready made pregens (or supervillains) for which you already have a sense of how powerful they are.

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: tfbretz@...
      Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 19:55:37 -0800
      Subject: [icons-rpg] Convention Pre-Gens: Who Would You Use?

      So, next month, I'm running a pair of ICONS sessions at Owlcon (www.owlcon.com).  I'll be running "Sins of the Past" and "Danger in Dunsmore," and am trying to decide on pre-gen heroes for the game (as much as I'd love to showcase the random character generation, I only get four hours per slot and don't think I could ride herd on up to six players at once).  My inclination is to try to use some of the ICONic characters, along with some entries from the Hero Packs (Blackatoa is definitely in; a friend of mine created him and I think it's the Best Hero Name Ever).  At this point, I'm leaning toward the following heroes:

      Miss Tikal
      The Mighty Saguaro
      The Atomic Roach

      I need at least two and probably four more, to allow the players some freedom of choice.  Ideally, I want another female character and a decent mix of character types.  I haven't dug through the Hero Packs as extensively as I should, so if anyone's got suggestions for candidates to flesh out the choices, I'd love to hear them.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic