4902Re: Convention Pre-Gens: Who Would You Use?

    Jan 4, 2013
      All-Star, All American Girl and Hangman might be good choices for someone looking for more familiar touchstones (i.e. Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman). Revenant is pretty cool too. All in Hero Pack 1.

      jaerdaph

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Theron Bretz wrote:

      > So, next month, I'm running a pair of ICONS sessions at Owlcon (www.owlcon.com).  I'll be running "Sins of the Past" and "Danger in Dunsmore," and am trying to decide on pre-gen heroes for the game (as much as I'd love to showcase the random character generation, I only get four hours per slot and don't think I could ride herd on up to six players at once).  My inclination is to try to use some of the ICONic characters, along with some entries from the Hero Packs (Blackatoa is definitely in; a friend of mine created him and I think it's the Best Hero Name Ever).  At this point, I'm leaning toward the following heroes:
      >
      > Blackatoa
      > Miss Tikal
      > The Mighty Saguaro
      > The Atomic Roach
      >
      > I need at least two and probably four more, to allow the players some freedom of choice.  Ideally, I want another female character and a decent mix of character types.  I haven't dug through the Hero Packs as extensively as I should, so if anyone's got suggestions for candidates to flesh out the choices, I'd love to hear them.
      >
      > Theron
      > Houston

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic