4015Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Supplements with new rules?
- Jun 15, 2012John,I should have included Bouncing Boy, but he was more clearly defined, in my point of view, concerning his powers; Speedball has that strange field around him, which some authors have defined as Kinetic Field Control (a form of Telekinesis, could we say?).Fabrício2012/6/15 John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...>Man, do I feel out of touch. I've only even heard of the first two, and couldn't tell you why Speedball isn't a standard speedster.Not on your list, but I suddenly thought of the LSH's Bouncing Boy: and I'd probably define that as leaping, but he can substitute his ranks of "leaping" for his Strength in determining the damage of an attack. (I briefly considered using the Fast Attack Chart for ranks of Leaping and number of ricochets, but that doesn't really model the comics; it might model how many people he can attack at once, though.)Sorry I can't help.John McMullen (Searching for a .sig)
jhmcmullen@...From: Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Supplements with new rules?
And following the footsteps of jaerdaph, on my blog I started discussing new specialties and powers too, with suggestions on how to apply them in your games.By the way, how would you, fellow members of this list, classify the following comic book characters' powers:
- Marvel Comics' Speedball: just Leaping? specific Force Field? totally new Speedball Force?
- Marvel Comics' Taskmaster: Power Duplication limited to Coordination? totally new Reflex Memory?
- Marvel Comics' Cypher: enhanced Intellect limited to Language? totally new Linguistics?
- Marvel Comics' Marrow: Extra Body Parts' Carapace? specific Blast? totally new Bone Growth?
- Marvel Comics' Collective Man and New Universe PsiHawk: totally new Gestalt?
- Marvel Comics' Avalanche: Earth Control limited to quakes? totally new Earthquake?
- Marvel Comics' 2099 Krystallin: totally new Crystal Control?
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>