3741Re: ICONS news podcast

  • Seamus
    Apr 7, 2012
      I'm getting in on this a little late, but have you planned something special for homecoming? I imagine the heroes' parents were a previous group of heroes at Hope Prep. Then the next adventure is a flashback that focuses around the parent heroes. The whole thing can then connect to what the main team is focused on in the present.

      Just casting a line. Hope it's useful.

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, John Dunn <john.dunn@...> wrote:

      > All great ideas, Colin! Thanks for sharing them.
      >
      > One of the published scenarios bears a bit of a resemblance to one of your
      > suggestions (I'd rather not post spoilers here, but shoot me a line
      > off-list if you want to know which one).
      >
      > -John
      >
      > On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Colin T <colinfit20@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > How about a student is struggling with life at the Academy because their
      > > family doesn't realise he/she isn't fitting in and how the PCs handle this
      > > they could create either a new supervillain or find someone who can help
      > > this student before things explode as the student tries to solve their own
      > > situation with potentially fatal results.
      > >
      > > A Supervillain approaches Hope requesting their help with his/her
      > > estranged child who is determined to become a hero to redeem their
      > > villainous parent unaware their parent is willing to make amends to protect
      > > their child from their former allies and enemies some of whom call
      > > themselves heroes but are far from that!
      > >
      > > The PCs discover a new hero group calling themselves the Elementals gained
      > > their powers from a magic ritual cast by a fifth member who they abandoned
      > > because they thought she didn't develop powers.
      > > However another student has discovered this secret and is targetting them
      > > to try and steal their abilities kidnapping them and holding them captive.
      > > With precious little evidence to track down the perpetrator the PCs have
      > > to persuade the remaining members to reveal their secret as their only hope
      > > is the missing fifth member who has kept secret about her power after she
      > > was dumped because she was afraid it was their empowerment that caused the
      > > situation and unlike them she has the ability to locate the others being a
      > > powerful neophyte mage in the Zatanna style except she doesn't speak her
      > > spells backwards she simply uses stage magic as part of her spellcasting
      > > style!
      > >
      > > A new supervillain is targetting neophyte hero groups and Hope Academy has
      > > been warned, however the villain has a connection with Hope Academy that
      > > leads to a dangerous threat to both the school and the students.
      > >
      > > A teacher at Hope has been replaced by a doppleganger who is working
      > > behind the scenes leading to several of the teacher's being kidnapped and
      > > the only students who suspect anything are being held in detention which is
      > > handy because the school is closed down locking down any of the students in
      > > their dormrooms or outside of the facility and the only ones who can do
      > > anything have just witnessed their detention teacher kidnapped in front of
      > > them, what will they do?
      > >
      > > Sorry trying to make them as brief as the previous posters did, hope
      > > they're clear enough!
      > >

      > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Curt Meyer <curtmeyer@> wrote:
      > > > Here's some high school tropes I think you ought to cover:
      > > > Unrequited or forbidden love between students;

> [...]
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic