3733Re: [icons-rpg] Re: ICONS news podcast

  • Curt Meyer
    Apr 5, 2012
      I respect you for wanting to keep it kid-friendly. I guess that's what I get for growing up with Iron Age comics :)

      Sent from my iPad

      On Apr 5, 2012, at 10:47 AM, John Dunn <john.dunn@...> wrote:

      Thanks for the suggestions, Curt!

      Several of the items you've mentioned are things that we've actually specifically covered. I'd rather not go into spoiler materials, but, you listed 10 different items. Of those, we've published 5 and have things in progress to cover 2 more. So, your thoughts are pretty well in sync with my own.

      The only one that I can tell you that I won't specifically cover is the notion of a love affair between a current teacher and current student. I very much want the setting to remain reasonably kid-friendly and approachable. All of our player characters are minors, while all of our instructors are above the age of consent. I am not comfortable including something that would cross that line.

      Good gaming!
      -John

      On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Curt Meyer <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

      Here's some high school tropes I think you ought to cover:

      Unrequited or forbidden love between students;

      Coming out;

      Love affair between teacher and student;

      Drug use, perhaps introduced into the school by villains;

      School Food, maybe made into an amorphous killing machine or given sentience by an alien pathogen or a super science experiment;

      villains taking over funding sources to shut down beloved programs, or the entire school;

      And events like class reunions, home coming, UIL competitions and standardized testing of super abilities.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Apr 5, 2012, at 9:49 AM, John Dunn <john.dunn@...> wrote:

      Thanks, Joe!

      Prom’s definitely something we’d want to reserve for a later year. I don’t really see that as typically a Freshman concern (and Halloween Ball covered a dance, too). At the earliest, I’d think we might cover a Junior Prom as a focal point would be in year three. Though, it could be a backdrop event in one of the later Sophomore year adventures.

      -John

      On 4/5/12 10:44 AM, "jaerdaph" <jjbardales@...> wrote:

      I'm just glad I'm not the only one who can appreciate a good John Hughes film, Mr. Dunn. :)

      And if I may suggest a title for a possible future Hope Prep School adventure: WHAT ABOUT PROM?!? :D

      jaerdaph

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com <mailto:icons-rpg%40yahoogroups.com> , "the_dunner" <john.dunn@...> wrote:

      > Sorry for not mentioning you specifically, John.
      >
      > As my fumbling over Mike Munshaw's name (during the podcast) clearly indicates I am absolutely wretched about remembering people's names on the spur of the moment.
      >
      > Thanks to Mike for the opportunity to participate in the podcast and thanks as well to everyone who gave a listen.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic