squelch

  • upnorthbookworm
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
      I am a new owner of a R75 and have a question about the squelch. The squelch does not seem to be very sensitive. Inputing HFGCS into my r8500 and r75, the r75 misses the signal 50% of the time(a guess). Then I put in wwv and it misses this signal 90% of the time. What mode setting is best for USB? What am I doing wrong?

      Rowland
    • toptyp19
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
        Rowland-

        The squelch on the R75 is mainly meant for
        the FM mode. Because the R75 goes to 60 mHz,
        it can demodulate the narrowband FM between
        30 and 60 mHz. Any mode other than FM will
        not work very well with the squelch engaged.

        Joe

        --- In icomr75@yahoogroups.com, "upnorthbookworm" <upnorthbookworm@...> wrote:

        > I am a new owner of a R75 and have a question about the squelch. The squelch does not seem to be very sensitive. Inputing HFGCS into my r8500 and r75, the r75 misses the signal 50% of the time(a guess). Then I put in wwv and it misses this signal 90% of the time. What mode setting is best for USB? What am I doing wrong?
        >
        > Rowland

      • Leslie J. Polt
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
          I believe the squelch feature is also required if you wish to scan
          certain of the pre-selected frequencies in memory mode. I do not find
          that scanning feature of much use, since most of the time the signals
          are too weak to break squelch, even at its lowest setting, and changing
          propogation often leads to background noise breaking the squelch
          circuit.

          Leslie J. Polt, Esq.
          Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf & Hendler, LLC
          7 St. Paul Street, Suite 600
          Baltimore, Maryland 21202-1612
          Phone: 410-986-0832
          Fax: 410-986-0833
          e-mail: LPolt@... <mailto:LPolt@...>
          website: www.AdelbergRudow.com <http://www.AdelbergRudow.com>

          Please note that this Firm uses an e-mail filter which may affect
          receipt of certain e-mails. If you believe that we have not received
          your message, please call to confirm receipt of any present and future
          e-mails.

          This e-mail is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s)
          above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work
          product or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have
          received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s),
          please immediately notify the sender at 410-539-5195 and delete this
          e-mail message from your computer. Thank you.

          Circular 230 Disclosure: Pursuant to recently-enacted U.S. Treasury
          Department Regulations, we are now required to advise you that, unless
          otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this
          communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended or
          written to be used, and may not be used, for the purpose of either (i)
          avoiding tax-related penalties under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code or
          (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any
          tax-related matters addressed herein.

          --- In icomr75@yahoogroups.com <mailto:icomr75%40yahoogroups.com> ,