49123Announcing ICG's first Special Interest Group (SIG)

  • philgust
    Aug 27, 2014

      I'm pleased to announce that the Board has approved the application of "Miss Lizzy's Traveling Historical Fashion Show" as ICG's first Special Interest Group.

      "Miss Lizzy's" is a group of costumers who are interested in historical costuming of the 19th and early 20th century, and in collecting and studying costume-related artifacts from the period. Its founder, Lisa Ashton, explains what inspired her to form a SIG in her article that appeared in the July-August 2014 issue of "The International Costumer" newsletter.

      Congratulations to Lisa and the founding members of "Miss Lizzy's"!

      SIGs are a great way to meet those with similar interests, share experiences, and learn from each other. Why not form a SIG around your favorite area of costuming? See my article on SIGs in the same issue for more information.