Question to those of you who might still be around :)

  • barrett_2001
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2003
      First of all, let me know you're still alive, hehe. 2nd of all, I was
      sitting around drinking some soda with my girlfriend when for some
      reason I thought: "Well, I play guitar, and I know who my favorite
      guitarist is, but what about the pther aspects of music? Do I have a
      favorite drummer? Bassist? So I decided to ask a few groups... What
      are your otehr favorite instrumentalists? Like:

      Drummer
      Bassist
      guitarist
      singer male/female
      keyboardist

      Well, mine are

      Guitarist: Zakk Wylde/Alexi Laiho
      Singer Male: Timo Kotipelto Female: Astrid Van der Veer
      keyboardist: Janne Wirman
      Bassist: Steve Digiorgio
      drummer: Hellhammer

      Well, those are mine, what are yours?

      Barrett
    • dragonflame_713
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
        --- In icedmetal@yahoogroups.com, barrett_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > First of all, let me know you're still alive, hehe.

        Well I am still here alive and well bro! Nice to see ya back!
        >What
        > are your otehr favorite instrumentalists?

        > Drummer

        Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody)
        Bill Bruford (King Crimson, Yes, UK, etc...)
        Ricardo Confessori (Shaman, ex Angra)
        Eric Carr (KISS) R.I.P. brother of metal...

        > Bassist

        Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel)
        John Myung (Dream Theater)
        Chris Squire (Yes)
        Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)

        > Guitarist

        Luca Turilli (Rhapsody)
        Robert Fripp (King Crimson)
        Micheal Romeo (Symphony X)
        Frank Zappa (R.I.P)
        Yngwie Malmsteen
        Ace Frehley (ex KISS?)
        Akira Takasaki (Loudness)

        > Singer male/female

        Male:

        Fabio Lione (Rhapsody)
        Paul Rodgers (Bad Company)
        Micheal Kiske (ex Helloween, Suprared)
        Andre Matos (Shaman, ex Angra)
        Steve Walsh (Kansas)
        Mattias Blad (Falconer)

        Female:

        Sabine (Edenbridge)
        Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation)
        Lana Lane
        Ann Boleyn (Hellion)

        > Keyboardist

        Alex Staropoli (Rhapsody)
        Rick Wakeman (Yes)
        Clive Nolan (Pendragon)
        Jens Johannsen (Stratovarious, ex Malmsteen)
      • barrett_2001
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
          My other favorites... Man, this is gonna probably be a long list,
          hehe. I'm not gonna mention the ones already previously mentioned :)

          Bass- Cliff Burton, Steve Harris, Henkka Blacksmith, Jari Kainulainen
          and I have to throw in Taneli Jarva, he did an excellent job in
          Sentenced IMO.

          Guitar- Kirk Hammett, Dave Murray, Janick Gers, Timo Tolkki, Randy
          Rhoades, Jesper Stromblad, Arjen Anthony Lucasson, Mike Romeo, Chris
          Broderick.

          Singer: Bruce Dickenson, Sharon Den Adel, Floor Jansen, Dan Swano,
          Vintersorg, Fabio Lione, Tobias Sammet, Michael Skanne, Tony Kakko,
          Harry Conklin, and Alexi Laiho has a pretty good Death Metal voice
          IMO.

          Drummer-Alex Holzworth, Richard Christy, and there are more, I just
          don't know too many drummers names :(

          Keyboards-Jens Johansson, Thomas Planman, Carl Sjoblom, Arjen Anthony
          Lucasson, Tony Kakko, and Tuomas Holopainen.

          Well, that's about it for me, there's many more worth mentioning... I
          just don't wanna be here all day :)

          Barrett
        • kleinping
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
            wow..thats a damn lot!

            well, i must say I'm a fan of music and sometimes of trhe people who
            create them... i go by song not by artist etc... so ireally, well I
            really do not know the names of any ppls =( But I don't mind, I just
            listen to what I have and appreciate it =)

            -Pingy-

            P.S. I've always been around, just never posted... read the comments
            and post that intreague me everyday =)
          • Audrey <Mystic_Sphinx@juno.com>
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 12, 2003
              Hi,
              I'm still alive, catching up on mail and such. A sea-saw three
              weeks to say the least.

              Anyway, here are my choices.

              Keys: Michael Pinella-Symphony X
              Bass: Glen Barry-Kamelot
              Drummer: Jason Rullo-Symphony X
              Guitar: Yngwie Malmsteen
              Luca Turilli (Rhapsody)
              Singers: Female: Lana Lane
              Male: Russell Allen-Symphony X

              Sincerely,
              Audrey
              ~the quiet one~
            • barrett_2001
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 14, 2003
                Hehe, that is a good way of looking at it. I geuss I usually go by
                artist because (I've stated this too many times today in posts on
                random boards, hehe) I am a musician. Not saying all musicians are
                like me, but for me, if I like a certain part of a band, I like to
                learn about the musicians themselves. Usually I have alot in common
                with them and it interests me. That's why I can name all these
                people, hehe.

                "P.S. I've always been around, just never posted... read the
                comments
                and post that intreague me everyday =)"

                I'm glad to hear that, because obviously I am not. I wish I could get
                this group back up again, but my job, my band (if you can call just
                me a band), and my personal life tend to say "No Barrett, you can't
                do that!" Hmm, maybe I can promote someone to help me keep the group
                going.... Anyone wanna be a moderator?

                --- In icedmetal@yahoogroups.com, kleinping <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > wow..thats a damn lot!
                >
                > well, i must say I'm a fan of music and sometimes of trhe people
                who
                > create them... i go by song not by artist etc... so ireally, well
                > really do not know the names of any ppls =( But I don't mind, I
                just
                > listen to what I have and appreciate it =)
                >
                > -Pingy-
                >
                > P.S. I've always been around, just never posted... read the
                comments
                > and post that intreague me everyday =)
              • crossofhatredad
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 8, 2003
                  Can i still reply to this? Yah, I know, I haven't been around too
                  much to post. My bad. Life is annoying.

                  My fave drummers are Gene Hoglan(Death, SYL), Pete Sandoval(Morbid
                  Angel), Horgh (Immortal), Dave Lombardo (Slayer), Martin Lopez(Opeth)
                  Bassists are Steve DiGiorgio (Testament, Death, Sadus), Saroth
                  (Immortal), Marten Anderssen (Lizzy Borden), Joey DeMaio (Manowar),
                  Johnny Lee Middleton (Savatage), Martin Mendez (Opeth), Sami Kukkohovi
                  (Sentenced)
                  Guitarists are Peter Lindgren (Opeth), Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom)
                  Fave Singers male: Eric Adams (Manowar), Dirk Thurisch (Angel Dust),
                  Jeff Scott Soto (Yngwie, Eyes, Talisman), Chuck Billy (Testament),
                  Charles (Lefay) and a million more!
                  Singers female: Tanja (Lullacry), Andrea (Hagalaz Runedance)
                  Keyboardist: Jon Oliva (Savatage), dude from Sonata Arctica

                  I'll think of more later. I'm fried right now.

                  ~Alina Michelle
                  www.swedishmetal.net