Jon Schaffer to appear at Progpower Fest

  • thespectralsorrows
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2002
      PROGPOWER USA III FESTIVAL SELLS OUT IN LESS THAN ONE WEEK

      ATLANTA – ProgPower USA III, the two-day metal festival taking
      place this November in Atlanta, has officially sold-out in less
      than six days.

      Tickets were sold to 41 states and several countries including
      Brazil, Japan, Thailand, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the
      Dominican Republic, France, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Mexico,
      Honduras, and Canada.

      ProgPower USA III marks the U.S. debut of such worldwide
      acclaimed acts as Blind Guardian (Germany), Gamma Ray (Germany),
      Angra
      (Brazil), Edguy (Germany), and Threshold (UK). Other bands on
      the roster include Pain of Salvation (Sweden), Devin Townsend
      (Canada), Silent Force (U.S./Germany), Zero Hour (U.S.), and
      Reading Zero (U.S.).

      "I'm thrilled with how fast the tickets sold this year," said
      festival organizer Glenn Harveston. "I believe the fans have
      spoken on the type of show they want to see and I intend to deliver
      that each and every time out. I have a long way to go before
      ProgPower USA becomes Ozzfest Jr., but with the help of companies
      like Guitar Center, I sure as hell plan to give it my best
      shot."

      Harveston has also just announced a special guest for the
      weekend: Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth will be joining ProgPower for the
      entire weekend and will be available to meet the fans on both
      nights. Fans can also expect a few more special guests to be
      added before the show.

      "I am looking forward to seeing how the festival is run and what
      the turn out will be," said Schaffer. "It will be cool to talk
      and hang with the fans for a while."

      In other ProgPower USA news, fans can now visit the website and
      download new videos from last year's show including Symphony X's
      performance of "Egypt." Please visit www.progpowerusa.com for
      full details.

      ProgPower USA, an international affiliate of ProgPower Europe
      located in the Netherlands, was created to attract the top names
      in both the progressive and power metal genres. The first event
      was held at a small bar in Lansing, Ill., in February 2001 and
      featured the first U.S. appearance of Pain of Salvation. Due to
      popular demand, a second event was held in November 2001 and
      featured the most unique progressive and power metal roster in the
      States to date (Symphony X, Kamelot, ARK, Evergrey, Angel Dust,
      Spiral Architect, plus others).

      ProgPower USA III is sponsored by Guitar Center in Marietta, Ga.