Re: Some more Iced Earth news

  • thespectralsorrows
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
      no problem, anything to get the word of Iced Earth to the true metal
      fans! Besides, I don't think this is much different then your
      --- In icedmetal@y..., barrett_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > This was stolen from a post on Enter the Realm (Haha James!!!!)
      >
      > ICED EARTH - http://www.icedearth.com
      > For some people, making a pilgrimage happens at least once in your
      > life and takes careful planning. Others make multiple pilgrimages
      > that take even MORE planning. Guitarist and founding member Jon
      > Schaffer likes to get right to the point, take care of things, and
      > move on to the next life event.
      >
      > Case in point: When given the opportunity to relax in his country
      > home after a monstrous European tour and a successful sold-out
      North
      > American tour, Jon opted instead to "vacation" in Australia and New
      > Zealand (which boasts shooting locations for both Lord Of The Rings
      > and Star Wars: Episode 2) under rigorous conditions that closely
      > resembled a headlining tour. Then, wasting no time, he boarded
      > another plane and came out to California to make his trek to
      > Skywalker Ranch in Marin County.
      >
      > To see someone tap into their childhood happiness as an adult is to
      > have a privileged glimpse into someone's past. While Jon Schaffer
      > peered into glass cases that held Star Wars and Indiana Jones movie
      > props and reveled at the majesty of the Skywalker Ranch Sound
      Stage,
      > it was unmistakable to deny that the man had reached nirvana. All
      the
      > while, his imagination ignited itself with more and more ideas with
      > everything he witnessed.
      >
      > With his fascination for world instruments taking him to Australia,
      > New Zealand, and the cultural ports-of-call in Los Angeles and San
      > Francisco, it's easy to say that a landmark future ICED EARTH album
      > is in the works that may take years to complete. Featuring string,
      > percussion, and wind instruments from--among other places--India,
      > Turkey, and Thailand, Jon Schaffer is collecting the necessary
      tools
      > to reveal the depth and beautitudes of ICED EARTH's musical
      landscape.

      > What awaits us all will defy expectations.
    • barrett_2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
        You're correct, it kinda is the same thing as my other post, really
        the only differance really is that yours is from century media, mine
        was a report from Jon off the official website. Keep spreadinjg the
        word!!!

        Barrett