Aerosmith, KISS, Alice Cooper, Heavy Metal Autographs, Van Halen, THe Melvina, Marilyn Manson, Gamma Ray, and tons more hard rock and heavy metal news

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2013
      According to BroadwayWorld.com, AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler initiated — and is a proponent and vocal supporter of — Hawaii Senate Bill 465, also known as the Steven Tyler Act, which would create a civil cause of action for "constructive invasion of privacy" in the state of Hawaii.

      The proposed bill (SB465) was modeled after the California Civil Code Section 1708.8, which was adopted by the California state legislature in 1998. SB465 would add a cause of action for constructive invasion of privacy in addition to the current cause of action for physical invasion of privacy in Hawaii. The bill, which would provide a legal remedy for celebrities photographed while they are engaged in "personal or familial activity" and have a reasonable expectation of privacy, would go beyond the more traditional invasion of privacy, which generally requires a physical trespass, by imposing liability on people who use zoom telephonic lenses or other high tech audio devices to capture images or audio of public figures as they are in their homes, or other private places, and then turn around and sell those images or audio files.

      Tyler will appear with fellow Hawaii resident Mick Fleetwood on Friday, February 8 as the bill is presented in a Senate hearing at the State Capitol in Honolulu, Hawaii.

      "The paradise of Hawaii is a magnet for celebrities who just want a peaceful vacation," Tyler says. "As a person in the public eye, I know the paparazzi are there and we have to accept that. But when they intrude into our private space, disregard our safety and the safety of others, that crosses a serious line that shouldn't be ignored."

      The bill after it was drafted by Tyler's attorney and manager, Dina LaPolt, at his bequest and presented to Senator J. Kalani English (Hana, East & Upcountry Maui, Molokai, Lanai and Kahoolawe) for consideration.

      Legendary rock icon and KISS frontman Paul Stanley will appear on Alice Cooper's radio show, "Nights With Alice Cooper", on Wednesday, February 13 and Thursday, February 21.

      According to the program's producer, Paul's interview was "so great," they had to make it a two-part feature.

      "Nights With Alice Cooper" is produced and distributed by the United Stations Radio Networks. It is broadcast on over 100 radio stations in the U.S., six in Canada, and is also available in the U.K. and Australia.

      For more information, go to www.nightswithalicecooper.com.

      According to Beckett.com, the Topps baseball-card publisher has announced the "headliner" in its forthcoming "Heavy Metal Autographs" insert set as part of the previously announced 2013 Topps Archives baseball set: GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose.

      It will be Rose's first fully licensed trading card appearance and his first certified autograph as he has nothing listed in the Beckett.com database.

      The 10-card autograph set will be one of three additional insert sets to the previously announced 2013 Topps Archives release. There will be a standard version of the cards as well as one that will be limited to 25 copies and printed on metal.

      Here is the preliminary checklist for the "Heavy Metal" set, as provided by Topps:

      * Sebastian Bach (ex-SKID ROW)
      * Tommy Lee (MÖTLEY CRÜE)
      * Kip Winger (WINGER)
      * Reb Beach (WINGER, WHITESNAKE)
      * Lita Ford
      * Stephen Pearcy (RATT)
      * Scott Ian (ANTHRAX)
      * Dee Snider (TWISTED SISTER)
      * Bobbie Brown (WARRANT's "Cherry Pie" video)
      * Axl Rose (GUNS N' ROSES)

      2013 Topps Archives Baseball is slated for release on May 29.

      The August 2011 issue of Revolver magazine contained limited-edition baseball cards of the "Big Four" bands of thrash metal — METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX — who played the historic first metal show ever at Yankee Stadium on September 14, 2011. The cards were modeled after the classic Topps baseball cards from 1986, the same year these four bands released their metal masterpieces.

      According to the Van Halen News Desk, Dunlop is celebrating 35 years since the debut of Eddie Van Halen with the limited-edition 35th-anniversary series of EVH signature effects featuring limited-edition finishes based on his legendary black-and-white and Frankenstein guitars. With premium quality high-gloss paints, the result is a collection of richly finished pedals that are as ready for the showroom floor as they are for the road.

      EVH limited pedals are beautifully crafted to look as good as they sound. The high-gloss finishes are hand painted and they each come with a certificate of authenticity. All three are extremely limited edition, and only available only for a short time, so get yours now or risk missing out! Pre-order them and save a bundle at VanHalenStore.com, which is offering them all at guaranteed lowest prices.
      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/evhsigeffects.jpg

      The MELVINS return with a 13-track covers album titled "Everybody Loves Sausages" on April 30 via Ipecac Recordings.

      "This record will give people a peak into the kind of things that influence us musically," explains Buzz Osborne. "We REALLY like all of these songs along with the bands who actually wrote this stuff because first and foremost we are HUGE music fans."

      In a decidedly MELVINS approach to a covers album, the band not only selected a unique assortment of songs to cover, ranging from ROXY MUSIC's "In Every Dream Home A Heartache" to QUEEN's "Best Friend", they also enlisted several friends to take part, including MUDHONEY's Mark Arm joining them for THE SCIENTISTS' "Set It On Fire" and NEUROSIS' Scott Kelly pitching in on a cover of VENOM's "Warhead".

      While the release is billed as a proper MELVINS album (featuring the lineup of Osborne, Dale Crover, Jared Warren and Coady Willis), there are a handful of songs recorded as the MELVINS LITE incarnation of the band (Osborne, Crover and Trevor Dunn): "Female Trouble" (Divine a.k.a. John Waters), "Timothy Leary Lives" (POP-O-PIES) and "Romance By Tales of Terror" (TALES OF TERROR).

      The complete track listing with original artist and guest player notation:

      01. Warhead (VENOM; Guest: Scott Kelly of NEUROSIS)
      02. Best Friend (QUEEN; Guest: Caleb Benjamin of TWEAK BIRD)
      03. Black Betty (Original artist unknown)
      04. Set It On Fire (THE SCIENTISTS; Guest: Mark Arm)
      05. Station To Station (DAVID BOWIE; Guest: JG Thirlwell)
      06. Attitude (THE KINKS: Guest: Clem Burke of Blondie)
      07. Female Trouble (Divine a.k.a. John Waters)
      08. Carpe Diem (THE FUGS)
      09. Timothy Leary Lives (POP-O-PIES)
      10. In Every Dream Home A Heartache (ROXY MUSIC; Guests: Jello Biafra and Kevin Rutmanis)
      11. Romance (TALES OF TERROR)
      12. Art School (THE JAM; Guest: Tom Hazelmeyer)
      13. Heathen Earth (THROBBING GRISTLE)

      According to TMZ.com, Marilyn Manson was suffering from the flu when he collapsed and vomited onstage near the end of his set in concert in Saskatchewan, Canada this past Wednesday night (Feb. 6). The singer was apparently "feeling like crap" all day, but still wanted to go on with the show. After hitting the stage, Manson started feeling worse and vomited several times before collapsing in the middle of the song "Beautiful People". He fell backward onto the stage, at which point members of his road crew came out to carry him off. The 44-year-old rocker — whose real name is Brian Hugh Warner — decided not to go a hospital, choosing instead to rest up in his hotel room.

      Manson and his band are scheduled to perform tonight (Friday, February 8) in Calgary.

      The group's North American tour with the BUTCHER BABIES will wrap on February 23 in Las Vegas.

      German power metallers GAMMA RAY will release a new EP entitled "Master Of Confusion" on March 15 via earMUSIC, the Hamburg, Germany-based international rock label which is part of Edel Group.

      In addition to the brand new title cut, "Master Of Confusion" features a second new studio track, "Empire Of The Undead", showing the heavier side of the band, with an explosion of energy and pure GAMMA RAY sound at its best.

      The release is not free from tasty rarities: a brand new studio cover versions of British glam rock band SWEET ("Lost Angels" — "the reason I have joined a band many years ago," stated GAMMA RAY frontman Kai Hansen) and a hidden treasure of NWOBHM ("Death Or Glory" by HOLOCAUST).

      "Master Of Confusion" is rounded off with six live versions ("The Spirit", "Wings Of Destiny", "Farewell", "Gamma Ray", "Time To Break Free" and "Insurrection", recorded in Bochum) that were already included on the Blu-ray "Skeletons & Majesties Live" but were not featured on the CD release (which included the show recorded in Pratteln).

      "Master Of Confusion" track listing:

      Side A

      01. Empire Of The Undead (new studio track)
      02. Master Of Confusion (new studio track)

      Side B

      03. Death Or Glory (Holocaust studio cover version)
      04. Lost Angels (Sweet studio cover version)

      Side C *

      05. The Spirit / 06. Wings Of Destiny / 07. Gamma Ray
      08. Farewell / 09. Time To Break Free / 10. Insurrection

      *Recorded live in Bochum

      "Master Of Confusion" and "Empire Of The Undead" are the first two new studio songs by GAMMA RAY to be released after the successful studio album "To The Metal!" which brought GAMMA RAY at the highest positions in the charts worldwide.

      "We have been away for quite some time," declared Hansen. "We have released what we consider a very beautiful live product, 'Skeletons & Majesties Live', but we felt it was time to release some new music by the Rayz…

      "Yes, we planned to have an album ready by now but deadlines are not our best friends. No, seriously, although we have already started working on the new album, we did not want to wait any longer and thought we should let the fans listen to these two new songs before the world tour with HELLOWEEN. We have also recorded cover versions of two songs we have always loved and… before anybody could say that a CD can feature more minutes of music… we are also releasing the live material recorded for the 'Skeletons' Blu-ray that could not be included on the live CD.

      "OK, it's not a new album. But it's 60 minutes of music… call it the longest single in metal, if you like!"

      With its 60 minutes of pure and raw GAMMA RAY, "Master Of Confusion" is a great way to wait for the new album, scheduled for the end of 2013.

      GAMMA RAY always takes its music and the relationship with their fans very seriously, and the band wanted this release to be priced as a mid price mini-album.

      Kai & Co. are not afraid to celebrate their peculiarity with humor and irony.

      Reading the lyrics of the song "Master Of Confusion", not too many clarifications are necessary…

      GAMMA RAY are indeed the masters of confusion, a trait all the fans and also the music industry had no option than to accept and appreciate. They bring chaos to other people's lives, they miss important deadlines, they reschedule the release of the desperately awaited new long player, but they never miss a show, they never let a fan down, and in a world of calculated and career-driven rock stars, they are among the few remaining honest true heavy metal heroes.

      Excerpt from "Master Of Confusion":

      No matter where I'm going
      And anywhere I roam
      I am the master of confusion

      Maybe you'll see me coming
      Or maybe I just don't
      I am the master of… confusion

      The label's calling, boys are you done?
      The deadline's past, time to deliver
      I am so sorry, we're running late
      Some unexpected ghost in the machinery

      Whenever I am closing in
      Your peaceful life goes in the bin
      Let chaos begin

      Fan-filmed video footage of THE SOUTHERN CROSS performing the DIO song "Lock Up The Wolves" aboard Sweden's Rock At Sea cruise on November 16-17, 2012 can be seen below.

      Before legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio died in May 2010, his former guitarist Rowan Robertson got in touch with a Norwegian drummer, Rick Hagan, and started talking about doing a few shows featuring the material from Rowsn's period in DIO, which Ronnie had not played for 20 years. With bassist Are Gogstad and singer Nils Patrik Johansson, the lineup was stable and toured in Norway twice under the name QUEENSTREET. But there was one part missing, and with the addition of 25-year BLACK SABBATH member Geoff Nicholls, THE SOUTHERN CROSS became the natural representation of what DIO musically stood for in the Eighties and early Nineties.

      THE SOUTHERN CROSS's 2012 tour saw the band visiting highlights from RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH and DIO. Songs like "Man On The Silver Mountain", "Falling Off The Edge Of The World", "Lock Up The Wolves", "Don't Talk To Strangers" and, of course, the classics "Heaven And Hell" and "Holy Diver" were all featured in the concerts.

      The full lineup of the band is as follows:

      * Rowan Robertson (DIO, DC4) - Guitar
      * Nils Patrik Johansson (ASTRAL DOORS, LION'S SHARE) - Vocals
      * Are Gogstad (PAUL DI'ANNO, RIPPER OWENS, A.S.C.) - Bass
      * Rick Hagan (PAUL DI'ANNO, RIPPER OWENS, 21ST CENTURY ROX) – Drums
      * Geoff Nicholls (BLACK SABBATH) - Keyboards

      According to Hagan, THE SOUTHERN CROSS hopes to get together late this year or early next year for more tour dates.

      In the late 1980s Robertson heard that Ronnie James Dio was looking for a new guitarist. He sent a tape to the record company Phonogram. After six months of waiting, he got a reply that stated that at that moment they were not interested in him. At the encouragement of his friend and fellow guitarist Sean Manning (HURRICANE) the tenacious Robertson then contacted the DIO fan club who then asked him to send his demo tape to them.

      Robertson, who was 17 years old at the time, got a great response from DIO after receiving the demo through the fan-club channels. In late January or early February 1989 Robertson was flown to Los Angeles for an audition with DIO. He was auditioned twice. Immediately after the second audition he was invited to join the band. The press-release for the addition of Robertson to DIO was sent out on July 18, 1989 and the press was invited to meet the newest DIO guitarist on July 20, 1989 at Oliver's Pub in New York City.

      The first DIO album Robertson started working on with DIO was "Lock up the Wolves". These sessions included Jimmy Bain, Vinny Appice and Jens Johansson. The band had already begun writing and recording when Jimmy Bain and Vinny Appice were suddenly excused from the band. They were replaced with Teddy Cook and former AC/DC drummer Simon Wright.

      "Lock up the Wolves" was released in 1990, and the band embarked on a tour in support of the album.

      Robertson stayed with DIO until Ronnie James Dio rejoined BLACK SABBATH in 1991.

      Dio and Robertson had been writing songs for an album to be released in May 1991 which ended up being shelved. When the DIO band was put on ice, Robertson started work on an instructional video for guitar players. It was released on Star Licks in July or August 1991. He then teamed up with vocalist Oni Logan (ex-LYNCH MOB) and drummer Jimmy Paxson (from TRIANGLE) and began to write and record on an album together for Atlantic Records.

      http://youtu.be/pSN_Tn6Pz7U

      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/southerncrosstour.jpg

      "Live In Tokyo", the new CD+DVD from PSMS, the new supergroup featuring drummer Mike Portnoy (DREAM THEATER, AVENGED SEVENFOLD), bassist Billy Sheehan (STEVE VAI, DAVID LEE ROTH), guitarist Tony MacAlpine (neo classical-metal style, STEVE VAI) and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, PLANET X, BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION), will be released in Japan on March 20 via Victor Entertainment.

      "Live In Tokyo" features PSMS's November 14, 2012 concert at Zepp Tokyo in Tokyo, Japan. The DVD features two-channel stereo sound plus 5.1 Surround. The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included.

      Portnoy, Sheehan, MacAlpine and Sherinian played an all-instrumental set consisting of material from each of their solo records and their previous collaborations as well as classic instrumental covers and extended solo spots.

      The setlist for the Tokyo concert was as follows:

      01. A Change of Seasons: I The Crimson Sunrise (DREAM THEATER song)
      02. Acid Rain (LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT song)
      03. The Stranger (TONY MACALPINE song)
      04. Stratus (BILLY COBHAM song)
      05. Atlantis, Part 1: Apocalypse 1470 B.C. (DEREK SHERINIAN song)
      06. Guitar Solo
      07. Been Here Before (DEREK SHERINIAN song)
      08. Birds of Prey (Billy's Boogie) (TONY MACALPINE song)
      09. Bass Solo
      10. The Farandole (TALAS song)
      11. The Pump (JEFF BECK song)
      12. Drum Solo
      13. Nightmare Cinema (DEREK SHERINIAN song)
      14. Hell's Kitchen (DREAM THEATER song)
      15. Keyboard Solo
      16. Lines in the Sand (DREAM THEATER song) (abridged)

      Encore:

      17. Shy Boy (TALAS song) (Billy Sheehan on lead vocals)

      In a recent interview with Prog Sphere, Portnoy stated about the new band, "It's a blast. I love Derek; he's a fun guy. I still stand by the fact that I'm not sure if he was ever right for DREAM THEATER. But, that doesn't mean I don't love the guy as a player and person. I really do — I love being with him and I love playing with him and I'm glad to be able to work with him again. And, you know, it's a cool project because obviously it's very much… I think of everything I'm doing it's the most like DREAM THEATER or it's more even like LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT, probably. But you know, it's just me being able to play that kind of music with some amazing musicians. Not only Derek, but, obviously, Billy Sheehan's a dear friend and I've got two different things going with Billy at the moment, and I love working with him; he's one of my favorite bass players of all time. And Tony MacAlpine is an amazing guitar player, so I'm honored to be playing with him as well. It's a great, great lineup and we have a DVD that's gonna come out soon from when we played together back in January and then we have this run of shows coming up in the fall.

      Asked if he is going to create some original music with that band, Portnoy replied, "There's no plans for it, but obviously, we are gonna spend months together playing every day, so I'm sure it will inevitably be discussed, and who knows?! I think it could be very, very cool. So, you know, we'll see. I'm sure we'll talk about it."

      Portnoy formed the lineup to perfom at two drum events at the NAMM show in January 2012. Due to overwhelming response, that band has decided to take their show on the road.

      "I knew when assembling this lineup that it would be a magical musical experience that would be a blast for us as well as the fans! I can't wait to play again with these tremendous musicians and share the experience with you all at these special shows!" said Portnoy.

      Joe Wade of the Daily Nebraskan recently conducted an interview with drummer Daniel Svensson of Swedish metallers IN FLAMES. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      Daily Nebraskan: I've heard that IN FLAMES doesn't write songs on the road. Why is that?

      Daniel Svensson: Yeah, we tried but we can't. We focus so much on the tour and it feels like we want to close this chapter before starting a new one. We tried once when we had a lot of touring, but it didn't really work out so when we tour, we tour, and when we write music, we write music. It works best for us.

      Daily Nebraskan: Is there a difference between the sound of heavy metal from America as opposed to the sound from Europe?

      Daniel Svensson: I don't think the differences are as big anymore as it was 10 or 15 years ago. I think European bands are more melodic, it's like more melancholic in a way and American bands are a little bit more hardcore, so to speak. But all these differences are evening out. It's so much easier now to listen to the bands. You don't have to run out to the record store and buy albums, you can sit at home and explore in front of the computer.

      Daily Nebraskan: IN FLAMES has gone through a few lineup changes since it started. What was that process like? Also what can you tell me about the current lineup? Are things better than ever?

      Daniel Svensson: We are a really tight unit. We play so many shows together and we are like a big family. I think in the beginning, in the early 1990s, IN FLAMES was more like a pop band, side-project for people. Then when IN FLAMES started to tour, some people couldn't really stand touring, so that's why people dropped off. When IN FLAMES released "The Jester Race", the lineup became kind of steady. Then in 1998, when "Colony" came, I joined and since then it's been the same guys.

      Daily Nebraskan: What's next for the band?

      Daniel Svensson: We're going to tour up until the end of August and then hopefully we'll record a new album in the fall and winter. Then release it next year sometime, so, that's what's in the pipeline right now.

      James Wood of GuitarWorld.com recently conducted an interview with GREAT WHITE guitarist Mark Kendall. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      GuitarWorld.com: Jack Russell had been touring as a solo act when he asked you to play some dates with him as JACK RUSSELL'S GREAT WHITE in 2002. It was during that tour that the Station nightclub tragedy occurred. Can you take us through the events leading up to that?

      Kendall: Jack was out doing a solo tour, and I was doing my own solo thing. His material was so far removed from GREAT WHITE that I got a call from his management asking me to come out and perform so he could do some more GREAT WHITE material and include songs from his solo record. He could also then change the billing from "Jack Russell" to "JACK RUSSELL'S GREAT WHITE" because I would be with him. At one of the early shows, they fired up this sparkler thing [a pyrotechnic gerb, a device that releases a jet of sparks], and I was concerned because the places we were playing were pretty small. I remember at one point seeing Jack standing right in the middle of them. I asked him if it hurt, and he said they didn't; they were just cold sparks. That night [at the Station] after they had gone off, I felt heat on my back and immediately knew that something wasn't right. I turned around and noticed that a small area of the foam behind my amp had caught fire. We later would find out that the foam they had used on the walls of the building was very flammable, and they shouldn't have allowed the pyrotechnics. But once they opened up the doors [to evacuate the venue], the place went up like a matchbook. After it was all over, I came home and didn't know what to do. I was counseling with people, and my pastor and I were talking every day and praying. After a few months, we heard that there was a way we could help, and that's when I got in touch with the Station Family Fund people and the whole relationship started. [GREAT WHITE began a benefit tour for the Fund that ran from July 2003 until 2005.] It's been 10 years now, and I think the best part of the healing process for everyone has been the fellowship — the love and hugs and sticking together. It helps us all get through it. When these anniversaries come around, it's a tough thing, so we try to stay close.

      GuitarWorld.com: [Former WARRANT vocalist] Jani Lane sang with the band for a while. What was it like working with him?

      Kendall: Jani was always prepared and professional, and I was in close contact with him. I really want people to know that before he died, he and I would have long conversations and he'd say to me, "People don't realize but I want to be sober more than anything. More than anything!" [Lane died in 2011 of acute alcohol poisoning.] Unfortunately, the demons just kind of overcame him. When he was busy and touring with us, it really validated him. But it was when he was at home and not doing anything, that's when the alcohol lights went off in his head, and he couldn't control them. I went to his memorial because I wanted people to know that he cared about his family and really wanted to be a sober man. The thing is, you never know what's going to happen or what may be that fatal blow. That's why if you're someone with a substance problem, you really need to identify and get out of it.

      SEVENDUST will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Monday, March 25 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. Fans are encouraged to speak with SEVENDUST by calling 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). The show will be streamed on the "Rockline" web site for two weeks beginning the afternoon after the live broadcast.

      For more information, visit RocklineRadio.com.

      SEVENDUST's ninth album, "Black Out The Sun", will be released on March 26 via the band's 7Bros. Records label (through Warner Music Group's Independent Label Group). The CD was recorded at Architekt Music studios in Butler, New Jersey with engineer Mike Ferretti.

      "Black Out The Sun" track listing:

      01. Memory
      02. Faithless
      03. Till Death
      04. Mountain
      05. Cold As War
      06. Black Out The Sun
      07. Nobody Wants It
      08. Dead Roses
      09. Decay
      10. Dark AM
      11. Picture Perfect
      12. Got A Feeling
      13. Murder Bar

      SEVENDUST filmed a video for the CD's first single, "Decay", last month, just before its current tour with LACUNA COIL kicked off on February 2 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

      SEVENDUST drummer Morgan Rose tells Billboard.com that the song actually came from a riff left over from the "Cold Ray Memory" sessions.

      "We were starting to get burnt and we didn't want to push it," Rose recalls. "So we had this riff, and we said, 'Let's jam it and see if anything comes of it.' And before you know it, it became a song that ends up on the record, and everybody listens to it and they end up picking that as the single, which was pretty cool."

      The song "Murder Bar" was reportedly inspired by a Butler, New Jersey bar across from the hotel where SEVENDUST was staying while recording the new CD. Rumor had it the place was popular with many of New Jersey's murderers.

      "It's a basic SEVENDUST record," guitarist Clint Lowery recently told "Source Of The Sound With Wendy Campbell". "There's nothing, like, too completely different than anything we've done before. It's got a darker vibe to it. We've got a good amount of the programming element in there. It's a lot of what we do — it's heavy and it's got its melodic element in it. So if you're a SEVENDUST fan, it's more along the lines of the second and third records we did — it's kind of like that. It's got a couple of throwback vibes to it. 'Animosity' and 'Home' [1999], if I can put those two records together, it would [sound similar to the new CD]."
      Texas heavy rockers DROWNING POOL will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Monday, March 18 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. Fans are encouraged to speak with DROWNING POOL by calling 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). The show will be streamed on the "Rockline" web site for two weeks beginning the afternoon after the live broadcast.

      For more information, visit RocklineRadio.com.

      DROWNING POOL has set "Resilience" as the title of its fifth studio album, due on April 2 via Eleven Seven Music. The band teamed up with producer Kato Khandwalla at House of Loud Studios in New Jersey, as well as John Feldmann (THE USED, STORY OF THE YEAR), and completed the album in Dallas.

      The band says of "Resilience": "Ultimately, it isn't a new beginning or an end. It's a continuation of the DROWNING POOL legacy — and a fitting one at that."

      "Resilience" track listing:

      01. Anytime Anyplace
      02. Die For Nothing
      03. One Finger And A Fist
      04. Digging These Holes
      05. Saturday Night
      06. Low Crawl
      07. Life Of Misery
      08. Broken Again
      09. Understand
      10. Bleed Wth You
      11. Skip To The End

      Bonus tracks:

      12. In Memory Of
      13. Blindfold

      DROWNING POOL bassist Stevie Benton recently spoke to AOL's Noisecreep about the latest addition to the group lineup: singer Jasen Moreno. Moreno, who previously fronted fellow Texas band THE SUICIDE HOOK, is DROWNING POOL's fourth and newest frontman. Jasen replaces vocalist Ryan McCombs, who exited the group at the end of 2011 after a six-year stint in the lineup.

      Asked how DROWNING POOL's chemistry has been affected by the singer changes over the years, Benton said: "Well, it's a forced form of band evolution, I would say, certainly not something you strive for and not something that I would advise other bands to do, because it's a lot of extra work and it's hard on you at times, but for us, we still had a such great time with Dave [Williams, DROWNING POOL's original singer] and such great vibes still remains and we've been trying to recapture that ever since then. It feels cheap to stick with a chemistry that just doesn't feel right and so maybe that's why we've had a lot of turnover. We knew if we switched singers again that a lot of people would look at it and make comments, but for us it seemed like it was worth it to take that shot at capturing the best chemistry we ever had. So we did. Look, sometimes you have to shift gears and I'm sure some of our ex-singers feel the same way: 'I can't wait to get the hell out of here.'"

      He added: "One thing we have learned is that each singer has strong points and weak points and we've learned to craft the sound of the band that will benefit the singer at the time. It can be tricky at times to learn the nuances of it, but this time around, one fortunate thing is Jasen, our new singer, is a Dallas guy, we've know him for years and so it's not like having a stranger coming in. We had a great idea about him though, who he is and what he is about, and so we've been able to hit the ground running."

      Moreno made his live debut as a member of DROWNING POOL on July 8, 2012 at a club in Ardmore, Oklahoma.

      In an exclusive interview in the September 2012 issue of Guitar World magazine, Moreno said, "I am extremely happy and very grateful to be a part of the DROWNING POOL family. Everyone's been so welcoming, especially the fans. I can't praise them enough. They've made me feel right at home."

      "In Memory Of" was released in August 2012 to commemorate the 10-year anniversary of the passing of the band's original singer, Dave Williams.

      Williams died on tour in 2002 after singing on the band's debut, "Sinner". He was replaced by Jason "Gong" Jones, who also contributed to one record, "Desensitized", before being shown the door in 2004.

      DROWNING POOL's video for the song "Saturday Night" was directed by Jon Bertorelli and produced by Daniel Livschultz, both of Vulpine Films.

      Legendary epic metal act MANILLA ROAD will release its 16th full-length album, "Mysterium", on February 19 via Shadow Kingdom Records.

      After a career that has spanned more than three decades, the band shows absolutely no signs of slowing down. In fact they're more active now than ever with all of the live shows booked for 2013; including an appearance at this year's Maryland Deathfest.

      The time has come for MANILLA ROAD to break out of the underground bubble and get to the level where they can get some wider acclaim to all of the hard work that's been put forth all of these years.

      "Mysterium" is another quality MANILLA ROAD release that sounds a lot more classic/traditional than their previous, more experimental album, "Playground Of The Damned". The production is a step above anything MANILLA ROAD has released in the past, bringing the band into the modern era without sacrificing an ounce of their legendary style.

      With all of their albums, there's nothing that's ever the same with the albums they create or the production they have, but that's what makes MANILLA ROAD such a unique act.

      "Mysterium" track listing:

      01. The Grey God Passes
      02. Stand Your Ground
      03. The Battle of Bonchester Bridge
      04. Hermitage
      05. Do What Thou Will
      06. Only the Brave
      07. Hallowed be Thy Grave
      08. The Fountain
      09. The Calling
      10. Mysterium

      http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/manillamysterium.jpg

      Finnish epic metallers WINTERSUN have issued the following update:

      "After some festival and summer show announcements, we thought we might also give you a heads up regarding [the next WINTERSUN album] 'Time II'.

      "2012 was a really great year for us, the release of 'Time I' was a huge success and we did two successful tours and many sold-out shows. But we are aiming even higher and take WINTERSUN to the next level in 2013!

      "We have three official webstores up and running (Europe, Finland, North America) and we hope you guys like the available items. There'll be constant updates and new products and we will also have interesting competitions and specials coming up on our pages, so be sure to check it all out.

      "We are starting the mix of 'Time II' and it will be released early 2014. The album will continue where 'Time I' left, but it will be an upgrade in production; it will be equally epic, if not more. It will contain some 'fast stuff' and some guitar shredding (including seven solos), like some of you metalheads and guitar wankers have been wishing for. It will also contain some of the most beautiful music ever written that will bring a tear to your eye.

      "We are playing some huge summer festivals in Finland and in Europe (including Tuska, Nummirock, Metalfest, Beastival, Hellfest) and for the first time going to Spain. We are also taking part in Emma Gaala (Finnish Grammy) in March for the nomination of 'Metal Album Of The Year'. We know it's going to be an exciting year. It is because all of you who have supported us during the years we have been able to grow and continue to do what we love.

      "Thank you for all the support!

      "Stay tuned for some further exciting live news soon! We hope to see all of you on the road and during the festival season 2013!"

      Emma Gaala (Finnish Grammy equivalent) will be held on March 1 at Barona Areena in Espoo, Finland. WINTERSUN's "Time I" will be going up against MOKOMA ("180 Astetta"), NIGHTWISH ("Imaginaerum"), TERVEET KÄDET ("Musta Hetki"), and STAM1NA ("Nocebo").

      "Time I" sold nearly 4,000 copies in its first week of release in the United States to land at position No. 109 on The Billboard 200 chart.

      WINTERSUN recently headlined this year's edition of the Heidenfest tour. Support on the trek came from KORPIKLAANI, VARG, TROLLFEST and KRAMPUS.

      During a recent interview with AOL's Noisecreep, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN frontman Greg Puciato spoke about the status of his much-anticipated project with Max Cavalera (SOULFLY, ex-SEPULTURA), Dave Elitch (ex-THE MARS VOLTA) and Troy Sanders (MASTODON).

      "We have 11 songs written," he said. "It's me, Max, Troy from MASTODON and Dave Elitch, who played drums in MARS VOLTA for a little bit. Here's how it started. We were at a DEFTONES show in L.A. at the Palladium and we were talking backstage about old thrash metal, punk and hardcore and we found ourselves referencing many of the same things and we were like, 'Fuck, man, we should make a record together and do it as a one-off like NAILBOMB [Max's mid-1990s side project with FUDGE TUNNEL's Alex Newport].' A month later, I talked to Max again and he said we should actually do that.

      "No one in metal makes collaborative records like people in jazz and hip-hop do. It doesn't have to be like a band that you're launching from the ground that you go on tour with. There is something to be said for collaboration and throwing yourself out there and learning something new from working with different people. Dave was a buddy of mine already and he's a phenomenal drummer. He was the first person I thought of to play drums.

      "We [DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN] spent a lot of time touring with MASTODON and Troy seemed like a really obvious fit. We had a really easy time writing and we may actually be recording really soon, like in the next month or so. And then we'll have to sit on it. We can't release it right behind the DILLINGER record and we also have to figure out when the MASTODON record is coming out and the same for whatever Max is doing next. It's going to come out. It's just going to be a matter of logistics as to when."

      Speaking to Singapore's radio show "Vicious Volume" last October, Max stated about the new project: "Troy from MASTODON just joined the band, too, so now we've got three singers for the project, which is also really killer. I'm really excited about that, too. I think it's gonna be a very original project. I don't know any other metal projects out there with three people singing like this. So it can be almost like a TRANSPLANTS of metal. TRANSPLANTS had three singers; this also has three singers, and it can be very, very great. I'm following, in a lot of ways, some of the same footsteps as NAILMBOMB in my approach to this project — a lot of do-it-yourself, punk-rock kind of feeling to the project. So the songs are written really quick — I don't think too much about it. I like it more like that, so they are very raw."

      TREES OF ETERNITY, SWALLOW THE SUN writer and guitarist Juha Raivio's female-fronted side project with singer Aleah Stanbridge, will enter Fascination Street studios in Örebro, Sweden on February 24 to begin recording its debut album. The CD will be produced by Jens Bogren (OPETH, PARADISE LOST, KATATONIA, DAYLIGHT DIES, SWALLOW THE SUN, DRACONIAN, SOILWORK) and engineered by Johan Örnborg. The drums on the album will be played by Kai Hahto (SWALLOW THE SUN, WINTERSUN), with the rest of the instruments set to be laid down during March.

      A promotional video for the demo version of the TREES OF ETERNITY acoustic song "Sinking Ships" can be seen below.

      TREES OF ETERNITY last year signed a publishing deal with AMF Music — a U.K.-based servicing publishing company that also offers management services, synchronization opportunities and additional marketing.

      TREES OF ETERNITY's musical style is described in a press release as "down-tempo, doom/death inspired melancholia with ghostly female vocals." The full band's recording lineup will include three more musicians (whose identities will not be revealed until album recording details are released), as well as some acclaimed guest musicians.

      TREES OF ETERNITY came into being when Raivio and Stanbridge got together in the studio to work on the song "Lights On The Lake" for SWALLOW THE SUN's album "New Moon". The plan was to to feature Aleah's vocals on part of the song already prepared by Juha, but when they instead began to experiment with a vocal line Aleah had written for the occasion, the session quickly headed off in a new direction and the project took on a life of its own.

      For more information, visit www.facebook.com/treesofeternity.

      Guitarist/co-founder Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström of Swedish dark rockers KATATONIA just done with stripping down the band's latest album, "Dead End Kings", to an atmospheric sound devoid of any metal.

      Says Nyström: "Early on, we felt it was both peculiar and interesting how the songs could breathe on their own taking a different minimal approach, so we wanted to go back and explore this in a very spontaneous and unpretentious way. Vocals, keyboards and acoustic guitars are in and distorted guitars/bass and drums are out! Stay tuned for a release date!"

      In other news, Nyström will spend the next dew weeks "diggin' into old boxes and transferring ancient VHS cassettes and DV tapes to digital media, so we can finally get goin' on the actual edit on the documentary that will hopefully wrap up the anniversary DVD that's been taken forever!"

      KATATONIA's upcoming DVD is expected to contain professionally filmed video footage of the band's May 6, 2011 concert at Koko in London, England.

      KATATONIA's ninth album, "Dead End Kings", sold 3,200 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 138 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD landed at position No. 4 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

      KATATONIA's previous album, 2009's "Night Is The New Day", opened with around 2,200 units.

      "Dead End Kings" was released on August 28, 2012 (one day earlier internationally) via Peaceville Records. Containing some of KATATONIA's most poignant and ambitious material to date, the CD sees the quintet conjure yet another milestone in audial angst and melancholy with this much-anticipated follow-up to 2009's inspired and acclaimed "Night Is The New Day".

      "Dead End Kings", which features a guest appearance by Norwegian singer Silje Wergeland (THE GATHERING), was recorded at Ghost Ward Studios and The City Of Glass, and was produced by KATATONIA's own Anders Nyström and Jonas Renkse, and mixed by David Castillo, known for his prior work with KATATONIA, as well as OPETH and BLOODBATH. The album marks the recording debut of KATATONIA guitarist Per Eriksson and bassist Niklas Sandin. Additionally, KATATONIA was joined once again by Frank Default and his invaluable expertise on sampling and atmospherics. The cover artwork was created by KATATONIA's longtime visual collaborator Travis Smith.

      Frontiers Records has announced the signing of Swedish melodic rock newcomers STATE OF SALAZAR. The band was formed in 2010 by five students from the Malmö Academy of Music who wanted to play rock music made for the big arenas. The band's singer and songwriter, Marcus Nygren, began thinking of the concept of having a band like STATE OF SALAZAR in 2009 when he wrote a couple of songs that did not fit his metal band 8-POINT ROSE.

      STATE OF SALAZAR released its debut EP, "Lost My Way", in the summer of 2012, it spread fast in magazines and blogs and created a flood of praise. The Swedish quintet has received a lot of positive critique from all over the world during a very short period of time. Considering bands such as TOTO, QUEEN, JOURNEY, SURVIVOR and especially Bill Conti and Vince DiCola have influenced them, STATE OF SALAZAR have a lot to prove. But they handle all this pressure with their honor intact and their heads held high.

      "I think this is an amazing opportunity for us in STATE OF SALAZAR and I can't think of a better record company for us to sign with," says guitar player Johan Thuresson. "I remember when Marcus and I had conversations about the bands future a couple of years ago and that we thought that Frontiers would really be a great place to wind up." Singer Marcus Nygren adds: "To be able to release our first full-length album with Frontiers is simply a dream coming true. I can't wait for you all to hear these great new songs we're working on. You don't want to miss this one when it hits the stores!"

      One of the bonus tracks from the EP, "I Believe In You", will be re-recorded from scratch and also included in the debut album, which has a working title of "All The Way". You can check the original version in the YouTube clip below.

      There is no mistaking that STATE OF SALAZAR delivers "feel-good" music, and it is no wonder, since one of the biggest influences is "training montage" music from the "Rocky IV" movie. This is just one of many reasons why they actually stand out from many of the other bands in the same genre. STATE OF SALAZAR is not a retro band, or a walk down memory lane. They write songs and play music that strives forward and not backwards. Their songwriting, arranging and instrumental performance show that this is a band that wants to develop and contribute to the melodic rock genre.

      STATE OF SALAZAR's debut album is scheduled for release later this year.

      Matt Rose, singer with U.K. tech metallers MONUMENTS, contributed his vocal prowess to the EDM-inspired song "Running All My Life" by WALKING DEF. The track appeared in an advert for GoPro during last week's Super Bowl in one of the most-fiercely-fought-over commercial slots of the year.

      Matt's vocals, which accompany a video on the apparent merits of a new sport known as "baby tossing," were estimated to reach a potential audience of 108.4 million during the peak commercial time slot. Since game day, the video has received over half a million hits on YouTube, with many thinking that the only way this commercial could have been any better would have been the addition of a "Gangham Style" dancing kitten.

      Check out the commercial below.

      MONUMENTS will be back on European stages this month and next, supporting BORN OF OSIRIS and AFTER THE BURIAL. Also appearing on the bill is THE HAARP MACHINE.

      MONUMENTS' debut album, "Gnosis", was released in North America on September 25, 2012 through Century Media Records. The CD was originally supposed to be released in 2011 via Basick Records. MONUMENTS has since split with the U.K.-based label, which issued the band's debut EP, "We Are The Foundation", in 2010.

      Viking folk music constellation WARDRUNA — which features multi-instrumentalist Einar "Kvitrafn" Selvik, Kristian "Gaahl" Espedal (ex-GORGOROTH, GOD SEED), and vocalist Lindy Fay Hella — will release its second album, "Yggdrasil", on March 15 in Norway, on March 25 in the rest of Europe and on April 2 in North America via Indie Recordings.

      "Yggdrasil" is the follow-up to 2009's "Gap Var Ginnunga" and is the second album in the group's planned "Runaljod" trilogy based on the interpretation of the runes of the elder futhark.

      "Yggdrasil" track listing:

      01. Rotlaust Tre Fell
      02. Fehu
      03. NaudiR
      04. EhwaR
      05. AnsuR
      06. IwaR
      07. IngwaR
      08. Gibu
      09. Solringen
      10. Sowelu
      11. Helvegen

      Total running time: 66:14

      "Yggdrasil" will be available as regular jewel case CD and as digibook CD with an exclusive 32-page booklet. Vinyl version will be available through Back On Black. The digibook version will also be sold together with a limited-edition necklace as a package.

      About the new album, Kvitrafn commented, "It has taken me quite a while to find the necessary calmness and time needed in order to create the way I do. Last year in November, I began recording 'Yggdrasil', the second part of the 'Runaljod' trilogy. The creative process has been time-consuming and demanding, but I am very happy...

      "Like our previous album, it is partly recorded outdoors and in places or situations relevant to the given song. Although the instruments are more or less the same as on 'Gap Var Ginnunga', the nature of the set of runes featured on 'Yggdrasil' have naturally made it a very different album. It is also worth noting that this time I've been working more closely with Lindy and Gaahl during the creative process. We are all very satisfied with the result so far, and we are looking forward to presenting this new piece of old-rooted culture!"

      WARDRUNA recently performed at the medieval/fantasy festival Castlefest in the Netherlands, about which Selvik commented: "A lot has happened since the release of our debut album in 2009. We have been lucky enough to be able to perform at some really special places and interesting festivals. A concert with WARDRUNA is in my view two-way communication, and meeting our audience has been both overwhelming and very inspiring for us."

      Additonally, the band has been confirmed to perform at this year's Inferno metal festival, set to take place March 14-16 in Switzerland, alongside acts such as ANAAL NATHRAKH, PRIMORDIAL, DARK FUNERAL, MY DYING BRIDE and AURA NOIR.

      In September, WARDRUNA will make its American live debut at the Stella Natura Festival, an ambient/folk/black/doom-centered event to be held at Shinnyboo Creek Resort in California's Tahoe National Forest.