KISS, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Steven Adler, Megadeth, Crimson Glory, Queensryche, Geoff Tate's Queensryche, Marilyn Manson, Buckcherry, Metal Church, Lamb of God, Hatebreed, and tons more hard rock and heavy metal news

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2013
      "Nothin' To Lose: The Making Of Kiss (1972-1975)" will be released on August 20, 2013 via It Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.

      Written by Gene Simmons and Ken Sharp, "Nothin' To Lose: The Making Of KISS (1972-1975)" is a 544-page hardcover book that chronicles for the first time the crucial formative years of the legendary rock band KISS, culminating with the groundbreaking success of their classic 1975 album "Alive!" and the smash single "Rock And Roll All Nite", a song that nearly four decades later remains one of the band's most enduring anthems.

      Drawing on more than 200 interviews, the book offers a captivating and intimate fly-on-the-wall account of their launch, charting the struggles and ultimate victories that led them to the threshold of super-stardom. Constructed as an oral history, the book includes original interviews with Paul Stanley, Gene, Ace Frehley, and Peter Criss, as well as producers, engineers, management, roadies, costume and stage designers, fans, and musical contemporaries from the time, including: original manager Bill Aucoin, Casablanca Records founder Neil Bogart, rock photographer Bob Gruen, promoter Ron Delsner, Ted Nugent, Dick Clark, Alice Cooper, Marshall Crenshaw, and Bob Seger, as well as members of AEROSMITH, BLACK SABBATH, RUSH, STYX, NAZARETH, SLADE, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT, URIAH HEEP, MOTT THE HOOPLE, NEW YORK DOLLS, RAMONES, and THE QUATTROS, among others. The end result is an indelible and irresistible portrait of a band on the rise and the music scene they changed forever.
      METALLICA's official web site has been updated with the following message:

      "We're psyched to be teaming up with the World Series champs for the first ever Metallica Night at AT&T Park in San Francisco on Friday, May 3! When the Giants take on their arch-rivals the Los Angeles Dodgers, we'll be on hand that night to kick off the game with the national anthem and first pitch, joining the orange and black fanatics with METALLICA vibes and shenanigans throughout the evening to cheer on the team for the first home Dodger game of the season.

      "Special event tickets for the game go on sale this Saturday morning, February 9, at 8:00 a.m. PST here. The special event ticket package includes a limited edition METALLICA/Giants hat with a portion of the ticket sales donated to the Bill Graham Foundation, which strives to give grants in the area of music, the arts, and education, while also supporting social work, environmental protection, and spiritual and compassionate projects in our community. Met Club members should log in to the site and watch their e-mail for details about how they may purchase tickets to the game early.
      GUNS N' ROSES has been added to The Governer's Ball festival, set to take place June 7-9 on Randall's Island in New York City. They join the likes of KANYE WEST, KINGS OF LEON, GRIZZLY BEAR, ANIMAL COLLECTIVE, KENDRICK LAMAR and many others.

      The Governer's Ball showcases all genres of music, including dance, indie rock, hip-hop, pop and electronica.

      Along with four stages of live music, The Governor's Ball will also feature activities such as a silent disco, photo booths, ping-pong, lawn games and a life-size game of Connect 4. More than a dozen food vendors will also be on hand to feed hungry festivalgoers.

      For more information, visit the festival's official web site.

      In addition sole original member Axl Rose (lead vocals), the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES includes guitarists Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, Richard Fortus and DJ Ashba, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer.
      Steve Mascord of Hot Metal recently conducted an interview with GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

      On GUNS N' ROSES' plans for the follow-up for 2008's "Chinese Democracy":

      Thal: "There's been talk all the time within us about the next album and what we're going to do and when we're going to do it. But, you know, life always gets in the way. Things get in the way. It's hard to have the momentum and the focus and everything that you need. It's hard to put everything aside and do a whole album.

      "Personally, I don't want to do an album. I would like to just do a song. Let's just bite off a song and get a song out there and then bite off another song and get that out there. It's easier to do.

      "Look, waiting for an album to get done is just too much. I can't do it myself. If I waited to finish an album, it still wouldn't be done and the album still wouldn't be out.

      "When there's so much touring and so much other stuff going on, don't try and take on 14 songs. Do a song, then another song, then another song and then figure it out from there."

      On singer Axl Rose's decision to skip GUNS N' ROSES' April 2012 induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame:

      Thal: "Honestly, we tried to work it out with the Hall Of Fame to come up with something but they had it in their mind that it was their way or no way. So they wouldn't budge and they were just trying to force a situation that wasn't good for everybody. We wanted it to be good for everybody. So…

      "A lot of people should be in there that aren't. DEEP PURPLE isn't in there. That's a fucking travesty…"

      On allegations that when GUNS N' ROSES played Townsville on December 1, 2010 that Rose had been "caught" lip-syncing, with local television sneaking into the venue and filming the performance:

      Thal: "I assure you, everything Axl sings is real, everything I play is real, everything I sing is real. Trust me, we fuck up enough that you know it's real."

      On GUNS N' ROSES' concert tardiness:

      Thal: "You know what? When you're waiting, I'm waiting too. I don't want to wait fucking three hours to get on stage. I want to give you guys a show and I want you to be happy. But, hey, it's out of my control."

      On reports in India that GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson had lost his temper on stage during an encore performance of ROSE TATTOO's "Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock'n'Roll)" in Gurgaon in December 12:

      Thal: "It wasn't that. What happened was, we did our bow and we were walking off stage and we said, 'Let's do some more.' They were already packing up the gear and shutting everything down. So they first had to fire up everything all over again and half the shit was away so we started playing with half our gear and finally it was just like, 'You know what? Fuck it.' Some shit wouldn't go on, we're re-connecting cables, so the crew was going crazy trying to get it all done and it was just another moment in the history of the band."
      Former GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER drummer Steven Adler will be a guest on Comedy Central's newest show "The Ben Show With Ben Hoffman". He will appear on the program's debut episode that airs at 10 p.m. EST / 9:00 p.m. CST on February 28.

      "The Ben Show with Ben Hoffman" is a sketch show/man-on-the-street hybrid starring comedian Ben Hoffman. Between sketches, we follow Ben on a journey, such as forming a band, going on a blind date, buying a firearm or returning to his hometown in Kentucky. Ben seeks advice and guidance from strangers as well as people he knows, including his dad, ex-girlfriends and therapist, who also help him introduce the sketches.

      In the premiere episode, Ben chats with Todd Bridges, who relates past stories using animation to discuss his crack use; old ladies audition for a role as "Gangsta Granny;" Ben chats with his therapist about his desire to buy a firearm; as the "retweeter," Ben shows the absurdity of celebrity tweets; and a rapper brings musical flair to the obits in "YoBitchuaries."

      Ben was a writer/correspondent for Comedy Central's "Sports Show With Norm Macdonald" and wrote for the "Comedy Central Roast Of Roseanne".
      MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine is seeking suggestions from fans on Facebook for a guest singer, presumably to be featured on the band's forthcoming fourteenth album, whicih is currently being recorded at Mustaine's Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California.

      Says Mustaine: "Any ideas for a guest singer on a track? I have a few ideas, but wanna know what you think."

      LACUNA COIL singer Cristina Scabbia made a guest appearance on MEGADETH's reworked version of the song "A Tout Le Monde", which appeared on the band's 2007 album, "United Abominations".

      MEGADETH's new CD will be relased in late spring via an as-yet-undisclosed label following the band's recent split with Roadrunner Records.

      Speaking to Full Metal Jackie at last month's NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show in Anaheim, California, Mustaine stated about the direction of the band's new material: "[MEGADETH bassist] David Ellefson is one of those guys that's kind of the barometer of the band. You ask me, you never really know what you're gonna get, but when you ask David Ellefson, it's kind of like reading the ingredients on the back of something, 'cause he's such a straight shooter. He told some people the other day that this is music that's really similar to [MEGADETH's 1985 debut album] 'Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good!', some of the stuff — really dark, really heavy and fast stuff. I mean, I don't thnk it's really as fast and heavy as 'Killing' is, to me, but Junior is a great, like I said, barometer — bad word, but he knows what's going on."

      On the topic of MEGADETH's current label situation, Mustaine said: "We have a new label. We left Roadrunner; we completed our contract with them, which not a lot of many metal bands have the luxury to have been able to complete contracts. They usually either break up or quit or give up and stuff like that, but we were honorable and finished our contract with them and we moved on. And we've actually got a fantastic relationship with a brand new label that we're gonna be telling everybody about real soon. We have eleven songs already recorded. We wanna give them thirteen, 'cause, you know, the B-sides and Japanese releases and all that kind of crazy stuff."

      In a January 24 post on his Facebook page, Ellefson wrote about the recording process for MEGADETH's new album: "Having a great week here at Vic's Garage laying down bass on the new songs. Really some great, great songs taking shape at this point in the recording process. I told Dave [Mustaine] today that one of them totally reminded me of the earliest stuff back when we first met. Fast, ripppin' and fully bringing the REAL old-school MEGADETH sound!!!"

      Johnny K produced MEGADETH's last album, 2011's "TH1RT3EN", which was also recorded at Vic's Garage.
      Singer Todd La Torre has officially quit Florida metal veterans CRIMSON GLORY.

      La Torre, who joined QUEENSRŸCHE in June 2012 as the replacement for Geoff Tate, became an official member of CRIMSON GLORY in April 2010 and has played a number of shows with the band during the past two and a half years.

      A "raw" version of a new CRIMSON GLORY demo track entitled "Garden Of Shadows" was released last September and was supposed to appear on the band's new concept record, which was expected sometime this year.

      "We were writing the new album and things were looking good," La Torre says in a statement. "We had interest from two major European labels, which was very promising. I was very honored and proud that we were on the rise, and the fans were embracing all that we were doing. We had wonderful momentum and we were working within an important window of time within which the new record should have been recorded and released to have the most impact given the bands resurgence. Unfortunately, the record never materialized despite my best efforts."

      He continued: "My involvement with QUEENSRŸCHE had nothing to do with the album progress. I haven’t been contacted to write with CRIMSON GLORY for over six months. As a band, our writing sessions were slow, eventually becoming non-existent before I ever joined QUEENSRŸCHE. During the specific timeframe that I was in talks with QUEENSRŸCHE, members of CRIMSON GLORY were simultaneously occupied by other external and internal endeavors that apparently absorbed the time and/or will away from CRIMSON GLORY, which is not fallacious per se, but it proceeded in passivity. The main reason for my resignation from CRIMSON GLORY is primarily due to its inertia status.

      "CRIMSON GLORY was the catalyst that exposed me to the world as an undiscovered vocalist, and I am very thankful to them. Special thanks also to the amazing fans for their acceptance and support of not only CRIMSON GLORY, but their continued support to me as an artist. Lastly, I sincerely wish my friends in CRIMSON GLORY the absolute very best, both personally and professionally."

      La Torre made his first public appearance with CRIMSON GLORY at ProgPower USA X as one of seventeen guest performers paying tribute to Midnight, the band's original singer.

      Essentially unknown to the mainstream progressive metal scene, La Torre spent 22 years earning his stripes and solidifying himself as an unquestionable talent behind the drum kit of various hard rock and heavy metal projects in the Tampa Bay, Florida area. However, his vocal aspirations went largely unfulfilled until 2009 when Matt LaPorte (JON OLIVA'S PAIN), who had only heard La Torre sing on a few occasions, casually mentioned to CRIMSON GLORY guitarist Jon Drenning that he might make a nice addition to the already stellar lineup of performers the band had accumulated. It was only a short time later that La Torre found himself at the band's rehearsal studio, and the pieces began to fall into place.

      Midnight passed away in 2009 due to long-term health complications.

      La Torre, who says that QUEENSRŸCHE has been his favorite band since he was 15 years old, first met QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist Michael Wilton at last year's NAMM convention in January in Anaheim, California.
      NIGHT RANGER guitarist Brad Gillis has recorded a guest solo on a track on the new album from the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE, due later in the year via the Los Angeles-based independent label Cleopatra Records. Tate says: "Brad is an amazing player and completely shredded through the entire track."

      Although a lineup for Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE was originally announced in the fall of 2012, things have changed. The band will now feature Tate along with bassist Rudy Sarzo (OZZY OSBOURNE, DIO, WHITESNAKE, QUIET RIOT), guitarist Kelly Gray (QUEENSRŸCHE 1998-2001), keyboardist Randy Gane and new additions, guitarist Robert Sarzo (QUIET RIOT, HURRICANE) and drummer Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO, RHINO BUCKET).

      Wright takes over for previously announced drummer Bobby Blotzer, who will be returning to RATT as an integral part of the band that made him famous.

      "I'm very much looking forward to being involved in the QUEENSRŸCHE project with Geoff," stated Wright. "I've always admired his singing and songwriting and working with Rudy Sarzo again is going to be cool! Between this and my other project, DIO DISCIPLES, I look forward to a very busy year!"

      Other guest musicians on the new album from the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE include legendary guitar slinger K.K. Downing of JUDAS PRIEST, KING'S X guitarist Ty Tabor and Blotzer.

      Tabor comments, "I'm very happy that Geoff considered me for this record. It will be great to play with all of these great musicians."

      Beginning in early April, Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE will be hitting the road to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the band's epic 1988 release, "Operation: Mindcrime", performing all fifteen songs from the album along with other well-known hits and rarities from the catalog they've compiled over the past 30 years.

      "I try to surround myself with the best players available and feel our longtime fans deserve nothing less," says Tate. "I expect the forthcoming effort to be one of our best yet."

      Tate, who was fired from QUEENSRŸCHE in June 2012 after fronting the group for three decades, last year sought to prevent his former bandmates from touring and operating under the QUEENSRŸCHE name without him. While ruling against Tate, the presiding judge determined that there was no legal hurdle in Tate also using the name with an all-new lineup of musicians. "I don't see any reason that Mr. Tate can't have the benefit, if he gets other members, of whatever name he uses of using the brand," Superior Court Judge Carol A. Schapira said during the July 13, 2012 court hearing. "I think [doing that would be] inherently confusing, although I'm sure the market can get these things sorted out," she added.

      Last November, Tate released his first solo CD in over a decade titled "Kings & Thieves" (InsideOut Music) and toured with his solo band in support of the CD, which included dates with the legendary ALICE COOPER.

      MARILYN MANSON's concert in Saskatchewan, Canada last night (Wednesday, February 6) was reportedly cut short after the band's lead singer and namesake collapsed on stage.

      The 44-year-old rocker — whose real name is Brian Hugh Warner — was midway through performing the song "Beautiful People" at TCU Place in Saskatoon when he reportedly kneeled over and vomited on the stage. His bandmates continued to play for two minutes before security finally carried him off.

      Video footage of the incident can be seen below (skip to around 1:25 mark).
      David "Gus" Griesinger of BackstageAxxess.com recently conducted an interview with BUCKCHERRY singer Josh Todd and guitarist Keith Nelson. You can now watch the chat below.

      "Confessions", the sixth studio album from BUCKCHERRY, is due on February 13. The disc will be BUCKCHERRY's first domestic release with new label Century Media Records. The CD will be made available via Eleven Seven Music in other parts of the world.

      The "Gluttony" video can be seen below. The clip was shot in November in Los Angeles, with the band putting out an open casting call for fans to appear in the video.

      "It's just about trying to control your behavior," Todd told Loudwire about "Gluttony". "They always say that you have to do everything in moderation and that's never been my experience. One is okay, two is better, three is fantastic and four is the best. I want to consume everything, I want to go big or go home. I'm either on 11 or I'm asleep."

      He continued: "That's my problem, that's my struggle, trying to moderate — that's what 'Gluttony' is about. It's like, 'I want it, I need it, I love it' and everything that feels good to me, I want to overdo it. It's just who I am and I don't understand why I can't do it."

      "Confessions" is a loose concept album that revolves around the notion of the seven deadly sins and is inspired by events in Todd's childhood.

      Todd has helped co-write a short film that will come out later in the year and expand upon the record's themes. It's not clear yet how the film will be distributed.

      Todd said that "Confessions" is "definitely a heavier, musically, record than we've ever had, and more melodic. It's pretty intense, but everybody's gonna love it. It's quintessential BUCKCHERRY at the end of the day."
      The reunited METAL CHURCHRonny Munroe on vocals, Kurdt Vanderhoof and Jay Reynolds on guitars, Steve Unger on bass, and Jeff Plate on drums — celebrated its official reunion on board 70000 Tons Of Metal, the world's biggest heavy metal cruise.

      For one of their two shows on board, they played their debut album, "Metal Church", in its entirety. The other show was a "greatest-hits" set.

      Speaking to Metal As Fuck, Munroe stated about the possibility of a new studio album from METAL CHURCH: "We've got plans. We're going to start working on a new record and maybe do some festivals this summer. We'll keep everyone posted as soon as we make up our minds on that. We wanted to see how this went, and it went very very well. Kurdt has sent me a couple of things here and there, but it's nothing really that has stuck yet. We pretty much stopped doing that to focus on [70000 Tons Of Metal]. So when he gets back, he's got a few things to do, and then he's going to bury his head in writing some new stuff. It'll be phenomenal. He's a great writer. I'm really looking forward to it."

      Asked if this is a permanent reunion, Munroe said: "Well, time will tell. We'll do a record, and we're just not going to do things the way that we did before. We're not 25 anymore. [I'm] not saying that we're old, but we need to do things the right way."

      Added Plate: "Everybody understands that this is a complicated business. A lot of things had to fall into place. We gotta get a good record put together and done first; to be honest, that's the first thing. There's a distance between some of the bandmembers, but that's really not so much of an issue. It’s really getting the music to the ears of the fans, in their hands and then getting with someone who can put us in the right environment, at the right show, working with the right band."

      METAL CHURCH called it quits after performing at the Rocklahoma festival in July 2009 in Pryor, Oklahoma.

      "This Present Wasteland", the latest album from METAL CHURCH, sold 920 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The CD artwork was submitted by a fan via a MySpace contest.

      METAL CHURCH's previous album, "A Light in the Dark", came out in June 2006 via SPV. The LP included a new version of the classic "Watch The Children Pray" as a tribute to vocalist David Wayne, who passed away in May 2005.
      According to WTVR.com, a concertgoer defended LAMB OF GOD singer Randy Blythe's actions during a performance in Prague, telling a Czech court earlier today that he did not think Blythe was aggressive that night, and that fans should realize any aggressive behavior displayed on stage is just part of the show.

      Blythe is facing the possibility of conviction and a long-term jail sentence after a May 2010 incident in which a fan, Daniel Nosek, who attended a LAMB OF GOD concert in Prague, died almost a month later, allegedly from injuries sustained when he was thrown off the stage.

      Lukas Havlena told the court during Thursday's testimony that he contacted Blythe's defense team after reading accounts of what other witnesses were saying during the trial.

      Contrary to the way other witnesses described the atmosphere at the concert, Havlena said that each time somebody got on the stage, Blythe made it clear they weren't allowed there.

      Blythe's defense team asked for the trial to be postponed until March 4 because one witness fell ill and two criminal psychologists who were expected to testify were unable to attend this week. Also expected to testify when the trial resumes are Havlena's friend and some more security personnel.

      The singer will be allowed to return to the U.S. until his trial resumes. He indicated in court that he would definitely return to Prague next month.

      The parents of the alleged victim, Daniel Nosek, are demanding compensation of 10 million Czech Koruna (approximately $530,000).

      Blythe was imprisoned for five weeks in the Czech Republic after being detained on June 27, 2012 when the Grammy-nominated, Richmond, Virginia-based band arrived there for a show.

      The singer was freed without charge in August but had to post $400,000 bail, then left the country, vowing to return for the trial.
      "The Divinity Of Purpose", the new album from Connecticut hardcore/metal masters HATEBREED, has registered the following chart positions around the world:

      Austria: #28
      Australia: #144
      Belgium: #75 (first week), #56 (second week)
      Belgium Flanders: #56 (first week), #38 (second week)
      Belgium Wallonia: #105 (first week), #92 (second week)
      Canada: #20
      Germany: #25
      Finland: #43
      Switzerland: #40
      UK: #144
      USA: #20

      "The Divinity Of Purpose" sold 17,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

      The band's previous, self-titled CD opened with 15,000 units back in 2009 to enter the chart at No. 37.

      HATEBREED's "Supremacy" album premiered with around 27,000 copies in September 2006 to land at No. 31. This number was roughly in line with the first-week tally registered by its predecessor, "Rise Of Brutality", which shifted more than 32,000 copies in November 2003 to debut at No. 30.

      HATEBREED's covers album, entitled "For The Lions", sold around 10,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release in May 2009 to debut at position No. 58 on The Billboard 200 chart.

      "The Divinity Of Purpose" was released on January 29 in North America via Razor & Tie and on January 25 in Europe through Nuclear Blast. The CD was co-produced by HATEBREED, Chris "Zeuss" Harris (SUICIDE SILENCE, ALL THAT REMAINS, SHADOWS FALL) and Josh Wilbur (LAMB OF GOD, AVENGED SEVENFOLD), with Wilbur also handling mixing duties. The cover artwork was created and illustrated by Eliran Kantor (TESTAMENT, ATHEIST, SIGH, ANACRUSIS, GWAR) and can be seen below.

      "The Divinity Of Purpose" track listing:

      01. Put It To the Torch
      02. Honor Never Dies
      03. Own Your World
      04. The Language
      05. Before The Fight Ends You
      06. Indivisible
      07. Dead Man Breathing
      08. The Divinity Of Purpose
      09. Nothing Scars Me
      10. Bitter Truth
      11. Boundless (Time To Murder It)
      12. Idolized And Vilified

      Regarding the musical direction of the new HATEBREED material, singer Jamey Jasta told "Maximum Threshold", "We did enough experimenting, I think, on the last record… A lot of people really liked that record and it did gain us a lot of new fans, but on this record, with the 10-year anniversary of [HATEBREED's 2002 album] 'Perseverance' and with Wayne [Lozinak, guitar] being back in the band — this will be his second record with us — it's just fun to kind of keep with the old-school influences. I hear more CRO-MAGS and KILLING TIME and SHEER TERROR and OBITUARY and BOLT THROWER and SLAYER and ENTOMBED and those kind of '80s and '90s influences in there. Which is fun for us, because we emulate the bands that we love. We try to make it our own sound and make it our own style, but at the end of the day, we're just fans of those styles of bands."
      Australian hard rockers AIRBOURNE will release their third album, "Black Dog Barking", on May 21 via Roadrunner Records. The follow-up to 2010's "No Guts. No Glory." was produced by Brian Howes, who has previously worked with HINDER, DAUGHTRY and PUDDLE OF MUDD.

      Said the band: "A lot of thought and effort has gone into this record not only by the band, but by the production crew who worked countless hours, seven days a week, even through Christmas and New Year's Eve to achieve the best possible performances, backed by real undying tones. Now we're handing it over to you... so crank it up, crack a beer and stick some rock 'n' roll in your ear!"

      The Full Throttle edition of a new AIRBOURNE song, "Live It Up", will be made available for the opening of Full Throttle at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, California, the tallest, fastest looping roller coaster in the world. The track will be released to rock radio in late spring, followed by its in-park debut at Six Flags Magic Mountain with the ride opening. The Full Throttle edition of "Live It Up" will be featured throughout the newly themed five-acre section of the park where guests will experience high-energy action through fast-paced imagery, sound and lights, with additional music featuring various Roadrunner artists. The launch will be further supported nationally in all theme parks, Roadrunner and Six Flags online and social media channels, live events and press outreach.

      "Theme music is synonymous with television, movies and even sports. It's a natural extension to bring original music to a world-class roller coaster, like Full Throttle," said David McKillips, Senior Vice President of Corporate Alliances, Six Flags Entertainment. "Roadrunner Records had the creative vision and talent to match the heart-pounding speed and adrenaline the ride experience delivers, backed with a content partnership that provides best-in-class entertainment to our guests."

      In addition to the song's release, Six Flags and Roadrunner will be working together on programming to be featured on Six Flags digital networks, which includes the Nielsen-measured Six Flags Television Network. The content partnership will air Roadrunner videos in ride-line televisions and help drive awareness, music downloads, and sales for Roadrunner's breadth of rock artists.

      "This is an innovative partnership that brings together two great brands and allows Roadrunner to bring music to millions of entertainment-seeking consumers in a new way," said Michael Easterlin, General Manager of Roadrunner Records. "Six Flags' ability to generate awareness through the Full Throttle attraction and its national media network provides a unique outlet for fans to instantly access our music."

      AIRBOURNE's infectious music has been used in more than 20 video games, countless films, trailers and more.

      AIRBOURNE is Joel O'Keeffe (vocals/lead guitar), Ryan O'Keeffe (drums), David Roads (guitar) and Justin Street (bass).
      The first photo of the new lineup of multinational melodic metallers MASTERPLAN can be seen below. Joining recently announced new drummer Martin "Marthus" Skaroupka (CRADLE OF FILTH) are vocalist Rick Altzi (AT VANCE, SANDALINAS, THUNDERSTONE), who replaces Jorn Lande, and bassist Jari Kainulainen (STRATOVARIUS, SYMFONIA, DEVIL'S TRAIN).

      The band recently recorded the follow-up to its 2010 album, "Time To Be King", for a March release via AFM Records.

      Commented MASTERPLAN guitarist/leader Roland Grapow: "The last years have not been easy for MASTERPLAN. Because of several factors, we have been unable to play festivals and tours — even though we had plenty of offers. But this will definitely change now.

      "I'm very happy to welcome Rick and Jari on board now. Beside their undoubted musical qualities, they both fit perfectly into our team.

      "We feel a huge motivation to get things going now.

      "2013 will be see a new MASTERPLAN album, several festivals and a tour! It's time to return with full force."

      MASTERPLAN's new lineup:

      Rick Altzi - vocals
      Roland Grapow - guitars
      Axel Mackenrott - keyboards
      Jari Kainulainen - bass
      Martin "Marthus" Skaroupka - drums

      Back in March 2012, Grapow revealed that he had 15 songs written for MASTERPLAN's next album. He added, "We are looking for a more powerful album this time... still with great melodies and feelings, but also with more orchestration and faster stuff again… just more metal."

      In an August 2011 interview with the Czech web portal Kultura21.cz, Grapow stated about the status of the songwriting sessions for the next MASTERPLAN album, "This time we tried not to make demo productions, which have a poor sound — so we wanted to make really nice pre-production [recordings] which sound very close to the album sound, which is very easy [to do] in my studio now. I think we have many, many new ideas which, I guess, are a little bit more modern and more aggressive as well. So we try not to follow any trends of MASTERPLAN — I'm not saying we're reproducing the first album or the third one or the fifth one. I think we always have to try to make some surprises for the people. The 'Time To Be King' album is great, but this new album sounds a bit different again. I always want to do this, because I'm not that kind of guy who wants to make every year the same album."

      On the topic of MASTERPLAN's numerous lineup changes, Grapow said, "I think it's always difficult in this band, I guess. If you see, the first album just came out after a big turbulence — leaving HELLOWEEN, Uli [Kusch, drums] and me. I think this band always needs some very bad moments to some great songs. [laughs] And it looks like MASTERPLAN, basically, is my main band, and whoever will sing and whoever will play in the band, I'm happy with. But, basically, at the moment, I'm thinking the main songwriters are Axel now and me. So whatever happens, this band will continue. It's very important for me to show that we still have the power and the ability to write beautiful melodies and some aggression and rock and metal songs. Whatever we do, we want just to make good-quality stuff."

      MASTERPLAN's last CD, "Time To Be King", was released on May 21, 2010 through AFM Records. The CD's first single, "Far From The End Of The World", was issued on April 16, 2010.
      German thrash metal veterans SODOM will release their new studio album, "Epitome Of Torture", on April 29 in Europe and May 7 in North America via SPV/Steamhammer. Vocalist/bassist Thomas "Angelripper" Such, guitarist Bernd "Bernemann" Kost and new drummer Markus "Makka" Freiwald recorded a total of twelve new tracks (plus a MOTÖRHEAD cover) which "present SODOM as more diverse and multi-faceted than ever," according to a press release.

      "'Epitome Of Torture' features not only your typical SODOM fare, but also two or three numbers which are slightly more moderate and melodic than what people have come to expect from us," says Angelripper, "so wait and see!"

      "Epitome Of Torture" was produced by Waldemar Sorychta (GRIP INC., ENEMY OF THE SUN), whose expertise as a sound engineer and audio magician thoroughly enhanced SODOM's previous CD, 2010's "In War And Pieces". Angelripper says: "Waldemar is a true authority. He doesn't let you get away with anything, he knows all our weak spots. Which occasionally makes working at the studio a little demanding, but at the end of the day, it's all worthwhile, as the result shows." The SODOM frontman describes the sound on "Epitome Of Torture" as "hard as nails and contemporary, without ignoring our tried-and-tested old-school attitude."

      "Epitome Of Torture" will be available in four different formats: a limited-edition digipak, including two bonus tracks and a poster; regular jewel case; as a double gatefold vinyl, including three bonus tracks; and as a digital download. The cover artwork featuring SODOM's popular "Knarrenheinz" logo was developed by graphic designer Meran Karanitant, who has previously worked with SIX FEET UNDER, HATEBREED and DIMMU BORGIR, among others.

      SODOM will film a video for the song "Stigmatized" later this month with Roax Media (SODOM's "Lords Of Depravity" volumes 1 and 2, VOLBEAT, THE MOB RULES) in Berlin.

      "SODOM haven't had an official video clip for some time, so it's about time we did one," says Angelripper. "That's why the mini film will be uncompromising, a shocking clip which our fans can look forward to!"

      SODOM's latest CD, "In War And Pieces", entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 64.

      SODOM in 2010 parted ways with drummer Bobby Schottkowski due to "personal and private problems between Tom and Bobby," according to a statement released by the band.

      SODOM's current drummer, Markus Freiwald, previously played for the German bands DESPAIR and FLAMING ANGER and was involved with the VOODOOCULT project. In addition, he played percussion as a session musician on the MOONSPELL album "Irreligious" and is featured on the 1996 LP "Triarchy Of The Lost Lovers" by Greek extreme metallers ROTTING CHRIST.
      American/German/Swedish symphonic metallers KAMELOT will release a new digital single tomorrow (Friday, February 8). Acording to a press release, "Falling Like The Fahrenheit" "combines everything what the band stands for: melody, epic and melancholy atmospheres, and the unique voice of the new singer Tommy Karevik."

      The "Falling Like The Fahrenheit" single will feature a special radio edit of the title track as well as the full album version.

      "Falling Like The Fahrenheit" comes off KAMELOT's new album, "Silverthorn", which sold 5,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 79 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Poetry For The Poisoned", opened with around 6,100 units in September 2010 to enter the chart at No. 74.

      "Silverthorn" was released on October 30, 2012 in North America, October 26, 2012 in Germany and October 29, 2012 in the rest of Europe via Steamhammer/SPV. The CD marks the band's first release with Tommy Karevik, the Swedish vocalist who previously fronted SEVENTH WONDER (a group that he is still a member of).

      Tommy first appeared as one of the guest singers on KAMELOT's very successful 2011 Pandemonium World Tour.

      KAMELOT supported Finnish/Dutch symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH on their North American tour last summer.
      Even though singer Maynard James Keenan told a Chilean radio station earlier in the week that TOOL will not be releasing a new album in 2013, the band's drummer Danny Carey is hopeful that TOOL's next CD could still arrive in the next few months. "Sometime this year … that's all I can say," Carey told New Zealand's The Rock FM regarding a possible release date for the record. "The sooner the better for us. We're working every day but you can never predict it, honestly. We're really excited about it, so I hope all the fans will be too."

      Carey also revealed that TOOL has amassed a significant amount of live material for possible future release on CD or DVD. "We have tons of stuff recorded," he said. "I hope we do make that happen one of these days. We have lots of video stuff too, we could do a DVD or two whenever we get around to it. We're kind of trying to focus on the new thing now, so we'll go back at some point and do it."

      In a separate interview with David Farrier, Carey spoke about "a big 'Lateralus'-type song" that is being pieced for TOOL's next album. "We're still — believe it or not! — still working on it," he laughed. "It's like an ever-evolving thing. It's probably going to turn into a thing that's, like, a big trilogy type of feel to it, sort of like 'Disposition' and 'Intension' and 'Triad', like on the 'Lateralus' record or something. It will probably be over a 20-minute piece when it's all finished, so it will be a good part of the record. We're dealing with it in sections, but it's coming together really well. We're having lots of fun working on it, that's for sure."

      Carey also confirmed that he was the previously unidentified member of TOOL who was recently injured in a scooter crash, pushing back the band's writing and rehearsal sessions. "It's been tough lately because I cracked four ribs, broke three of them on a motorcycle the other day, so I am kinda laid up at this point," he said. "It's making it really painful to play. It's not an easy thing to do. [laughs] It was just over in the San Fernando Valley, I was just turning to go on the freeway, and I think I hit some antifreeze or oil or something, and the wheels just slipped right out from under me, and I just hit the pavement really hard. [laughs] Yeah, I'm still in one piece anyway, but I don't know how lucky I was the way I feel right now. [laughs] It's pretty painful, but some painkillers and some scotch will get you through it."

      TOOL hasn't released a new album since 2006's "10,000 Days", although the group has toured intermittently since then.

      Keenan and his side act PUSCIFER will release their new EP, "Donkey Punch The Night", on February 19, with some touring to follow.
      Richmond, Virginia crossover act MUNICIPAL WASTE is featured in a brand new commercial for Vans, a retailer selling action-sports footwear and apparel. The one-and-a-half-minute spot, which was filmed on December 16, 2012 in the Los Angeles area, can be seen below.

      MUNICIPAL WASTE will support ANTHRAX on the third annual Metal Alliance Tour, set to kick off in March and run through the month of April. ANTHRAX will perform its fan-favorite 1987 album "Among The Living" in its entirety during the trek, which will feature additional support from EXODUS, HOLY GRAIL and a couple of additional bands, to be announced at a later date.

      MUNICIPAL WASTE's fifth album, "The Fatal Feast", sold around 2,700 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at No. 3 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. The band's previous effort, "Massive Aggressive", opened with around 2,100 copies back in September 2009 to debut at No. 10 on the Heatseekers chart.

      "The Fatal Feast" was released on April 10, 2011 in North America and April 13, 2011 in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records. The cover artwork for the CD was created by Justin Osbourn of Slasher Design and can be seen below.

      "The Fatal Feast" features guest appearances by John Connelly (guitarist and vocalist for NUCLEAR ASSAULT), Steve Moore (who plays bass and synthesizers for ZOMBI), and vocalist Tim Barry (ex-AVAIL).
      Portland punk/metal derelicts TOXIC HOLOCAUST will unleash "From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction" this spring. The mammoth 22-track anthology collects over a decade's worth of TOXIC HOLOCAUST rarities into one raging compilation. Amassing the band's many contributions to various comps and vinyl-only splits with the likes of MUNICIPAL WASTE, MIDNIGHT and others, together with demo versions of treasured TOXIC classics, "From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction" is a historic romp through the history of one of today's best old-school metal bands.

      "From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction" will see release through Relapse Records on April 2 in North America, March 29 in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Finland and Benelux and April 1 in the U.K.

      "From The Ashes Of Nuclear Destruction" track listing:

      01. Intro
      02. Metal Attack
      03. Deathmaster
      04. Created To Kill
      05. Ready To Fight
      06. Arise From The Cemetery
      07. Thrashing Death
      08. Send Them To Hell
      09. Never Stop The Massacre
      10. Army Of One
      11. Death Camp
      12. Reaper's Grave
      13. Death Brings Death
      14. In The Name Of Science
      15. Nuke The Cross
      16. Suicide Eye
      17. 666
      18. Bitch
      19. Agony Of The Damned
      20. A.T.O.M.I.C.
      21. We Bring ‘Em Hell
      22. Altar-ed States

      Following a solid year of relentless stage pollution, TOXIC HOLOCAUST will enter the studio later this winter to record the as-yet-untitled follow-up to their 2011 "Conjure And Command" full-length.

      "After taking a much-needed break from touring and finally being able to enjoy life outside the confines of a van," details band mastermind Joel Grind, "things have come back in full swing and I've been working nonstop writing the new TOXIC record for Relapse Records. Things are coming along great it's a bit too early to tell for sure but it seems like this record will encompass all of TOXIC's past recordings while building on that as well and moving forward. I can't wait to get into the studio to record this!"

      Praised for its "nuclear reactive riffage and Repo Man punk attitude," by Revolver and commended for its "tar-thick riffage, staggering breakdowns, and a corroded dose of self-loathing," by The Onion's A.V. Club, "Conjure And Command" continues to reap hails from fans and critics globally. As an added bonus, the band closed the year with the honor of having the song "Bitch" rear its sonic apocalyptic menace in an episode of high-rated FX drama series "Sons Of Anarchy" (season 5; episode 11).

      TOXIC HOLOCAUST mutated into existence in 1999, when Joel Grind merged his love for classic punk and metal and the flash of L.A. hard rock into his ideal band. Like his influences — BATHORY, VENOM, ENGLISH DOGS, POSSESSED, BROKEN BONESTOXIC HOLOCAUST offers up blazing riffs, gravel-throated vocals, and a deadly fixation on the evil in man and a post-apocalyptic world wrapped in a DIY attitude.
      Melodic progressive power metal act ARTIZAN has chosen Eliran Kantor to create the artwork for the band's upcoming album, "Ancestral Energy".

      Eliran has accumulated an extensive body of work, including pieces for TESTAMENT, HATEBREED, SIGH, ATHEIST and AGHORA.

      Commented ARTIZAN founder/drummer Ty Tammeus: "Eliran has impressed me with his previous illustrations; he is a young, gifted artist, who will inject his unique talents into a masterpiece for the new ARTIZAN album. I am amazed how he has completely immersed himself into our music, and the story of our characters, to develop a concept for the album cover unlike anything I have ever seen."

      ARTIZAN's new song "The Death Of Me" can be streamed below. According to a press release, the track "showcases all of the elements ARTIZAN established on their first album, 'Curse Of The Artizan'." Fantasy artist Marc Sasso created artwork for the "The Death Of Me" single which displays the Artizan character with Sasso’s unique conception of the Grim Reaper.

      "The Death Of Me" comes off ARTIZAN's sophomore album, "Ancestral Energy", which was recorded at Morrisound Studios in Tampa, Florida with legendary metal producer Jim Morris. Ex-ICED EARTH singer Matt Barlow makes a very special guest appearance on the CD's title track.

      "Ancestral Energy" is scheduled for an April release through Pure Steel Records.
      Southampton, U.K. doom trio MOSS will release its new album, "Horrible Night", on April 2 via Rise Above Records. Recorded during the summer and autumn of 2012 at Hampshire's Earth Terminal and London's Earthworks studios, the CD is the sound of MOSS emerging from its cocoon a much more savage, intelligent and all the more terrifying beast. While no longer obsessed with extremity for its own sake — with weirdly infectious riffs, eccentric vocal melodies and no song over 12 minutes — MOSS remain heavier-than-thou, broadening their horror beyond any imposed "scene" expectations. This mastery of the craft is evident from the opening moments of first track, "Horrible Nights"; written back in 2010, it sets the course for the album, taking the twisting death-crawl of MOSS mini-epics such as "Tombs of the Blind Drugged" and administering a lethal dose of addictive melody, cooked up by the colossal riffs of Dominic Finbow and the Ozzy-via-seance vocalizations of Olly Pearson. Cuts such as "The Coral of Chaos" and "Dark Lady" expand further upon this potent formula, dragging the BLACK SABBATH blueprint to its most nightmarish conclusion and ushering MOSS further into their newest dark age.

      With six tracks, MOSS proves more than ever why this English cult band is regarded exactly as such. While still no easy pill to swallow for the uninitiated, over its duration, "Horrible Night" will demand complete mind control. Nonsense prefixes such as "stoner", "sludge" or "drone" do not apply here; this is pure doom metal, a celebration of horror, the arcane and the unknown.

      Although traditionally a reluctant live act, in 2013 MOSS is set to embark on its first European headline tour, as well as make a return trip to Holland's Roadburn festival.

      Said MOSS: "We wanted to write something that would stand up over time… No disrespect to our earlier recordings, we feel the essence and atmosphere of those is still very much with us, but they were of a time and place that we're no longer part of."

      "Horrible Night" track listing:

      01. Horrible Nights
      02. The Bleeding Years
      03. Dark Lady
      04. Dreams from the Depths
      05. The Coral of Chaos
      06. I Saw Them That Night
      N.O.W., the brainchild of Brazilian bassist Alec Mendonça, will release its sophomore album, "Bohemian Kingdom", on March 22 via the British label Escape Music.

      Three years in the making, the CD — which features additional contributions from Philip Bardowell on vocals, Jean Barros on keyboards, piano and vocals, and Juno Moraes on lead and rhythm guitar, acoustic guitar and mandolin — was mixed and mastered by Swedish musician and producer Lars Chriss (LION'S SHARE). Andy Loos (LION’S SHARE, GLORY) played all bass on the album, which features backing vocals on three tracks by veteran Swedish hard rock singer Matti Alfonzetti (JAGGED EDGE, SKINTRADE, ROAD TO RUIN, RED WHITE & BLUES).

      "Bohemian Kingdom" is described in a press release as "much darker and moodier" than its predecessor, 2010's "Force Of Nature". It includes the song "No One Can Feel It's Over", which was written about Alec's "very close friend" who died of leukemia at the tender age of 17.

      "Bohemian Kingdom" track listing:

      01. I'm Alive
      02. I Feel Divine
      03. Don't Go Now
      04. Strong Enough
      05. Mary-Ann
      06. Tonight Is The Night
      07. Bohemian Kingdom
      08. Leon's Going Soft
      09. Cassie's Dream
      10. No One Can Feel It's Over
      Kelly Z conducted an interview with former MEGADETH and current OHM: guitarist Chris Poland at the Eminence booth at this year's NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show, a massive music-products convention that took place January 24-27 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. You can now watch the chat below.

      OHM:, a band that some describe as jazz metal, is currently recording its fourth studio effort in Poland's Los Angeles-based studio, Glass House. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Columbus", "Fathers Of Intention", "Sisters Of The Agile" and "The Deep Blue".

      Poland also keeps busy with studio sessions, having recently contributed guitar solos to "Goodbye To Romance" and "Run To The Hills" for OZZY OSBOURNE and IRON MAIDEN tribute recordings on Versailles Records. There is talk of some other band projects in 2013 as well more session work planned.